• Please log in to reply
35854 replies to this topic

#15421 Gorrat

Gorrat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:55 PM

Great quote: What is mathematically evident seems emotionally unobtainable....

#15422 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:46 PM

Thanks, brother. 

It's a tough call, actually. Personally, I think right now they are headed for that elusive 46280 handle I've been incessantly trumpeting since yesterday. I think they'll close their positions there, wait for the FOMC minutes and then use that as an excuse to gap down to 45783 - remember that it hasn't been retested- before starting the move north. 

By the way, the gap below has been closed. Short trades taken on the 11th August around 09h00 had a downside target of 45785 (the next swing high below). That was closed by today's low, which was 45783. As far as I can tell, the gap is closed, brother. I could be wrong, of course, which wouldn't be the first  time.

It's really is an interesting market. But we love it still.

Happy trading, brother.

Don't love it atm!!

I have been trying to call her too much and ye, whipsaw calls as like she is currently doing!

So guess best is just to follow charts and take it day by day!

We have a 15min, 30min and 5H bearish crosses at play, on the brink now of confirming a 60min so not very bullish, really thought today would have been green but just going to watch the bears and bulls fight it out!

This sideways action should soon resolve with a impulsive move down or up, maybe Mhlato's 'thingy' plays out afterall!

A

Edited by Argento, 20 August 2014 - 02:48 PM.

"Never never never give up!"

#15423 Gorrat

Gorrat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

44800 dan huil ek myself dood

#15424 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:19 PM

I agree with you, inverted H&S very bullish patterns!

But...all part of the overthrow huge top formation that is in motion for that sweet primary IV coming in Q4, then we short!

But now let's ride this wave up! :)

A

well look at last 3 meetings....it always shot up after the news comes out!!!!

Professionals wait on the side-lines and react to news...

Yesterday Bil took us down...Today the banks...wonder what's next...another strike??

Its the Uk that worries me...talking of upping interest rates...However this could be 2 fold for our markets!! weakening Ftse but our pound also weakening...so we may juss go up if ftse pulls back...exactly whats happening lasth our after the news of the meeting!!

ps...remember A pointed out an inverse h &s on the dow dailys which in all likely will happen too..

Thanks, brother. 

It's a tough call, actually. Personally, I think right now they are headed for that elusive 46280 handle I've been incessantly trumpeting since yesterday. I think they'll close their positions there, wait for the FOMC minutes and then use that as an excuse to gap down to 45783 - remember that it hasn't been retested- before starting the move north. 

By the way, the gap below has been closed. Short trades taken on the 11th August around 09h00 had a downside target of 45785 (the next swing high below). That was closed by today's low, which was 45783. As far as I can tell, the gap is closed, brother. I could be wrong, of course, which wouldn't be the first  time.

It's really is an interesting market. But we love it still.

Happy trading, brother.

Happy trading!

#15425 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

Implied 47k by cob next Tues

Or 44800!!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#15426 Gorrat

Gorrat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:53 PM

Implied 47k by cob next Tues

#15427 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:37 PM

ps...remember A pointed out an inverse h &s on the dow dailys which in all likely will happen too..

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#15428 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:36 PM

Hi HDB, 

Tonight we have the FOMC minutes. As you probably know, I believe that we're trading a rigged market where good news can either be good news or bad news, depending on what the professionals want it to be at that particular time. 

Having seen price action from the last couple of days, how do you interpret it in terms of professionals positioning themselves with regards to the FOMC? 

Thanks, brother.

well look at last 3 meetings....it always shot up after the news comes out!!!!

Professionals wait on the side-lines and react to news...

Yesterday Bil took us down...Today the banks...wonder what's next...another strike??

Its the Uk that worries me...talking of upping interest rates...However this could be 2 fold for our markets!! weakening Ftse but our pound also weakening...so we may juss go up if ftse pulls back...exactly whats happening lasth our after the news of the meeting!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#15429 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:30 PM

As GM of Traders corner said last night...last 2 months has been very choppy and trendless..very hard to trade!!

In fact last 2 months has been a day traders dream...

Hi HDB, 

Tonight we have the FOMC minutes. As you probably know, I believe that we're trading a rigged market where good news can either be good news or bad news, depending on what the professionals want it to be at that particular time. 

Having seen price action from the last couple of days, how do you interpret it in terms of professionals positioning themselves with regards to the FOMC? 

Thanks, brother.

Happy trading!

#15430 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:59 PM

Oops, I miss read your reply, thought you asked for a reason.

Sorry

I'm actually glad you shared your reasons. Thanks, brother.

Long term I'm looking at 46840, which is the low of the 29th July. We haven't gone back to retest that day's low and, as a conservative trader, I can only dream that far. I also find it a bit unsettling that I don't see much open interest in terms of call options at 47000 and above. I see a lot of puts though! Since you use Swordfish like I do, perhaps you should have a look at that angle as well.

Having said that, my personal concerns really shouldn't be a factor, especially with your well-timed entry.

Happy trading, brother. 

Happy trading!

#15431 Red

Red

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:55 PM

hi traders i am new to alsi trading. For a long time i haven't been system hoping but have been market hopping, and has cost me time and consistency. I hope i can stay here:) Do most of you just trade the alsi or other markets aswell?

#15432 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:36 PM

Thanks,

here is my reasoning. (Weekly Chart).

In next week, the time frame will align for Alsi to reach the bottom of the uptrend line and the down trend line that has held for a while now. ( I see this as the highest we will go).

I think the Gap might still close before we march higher, but I'm not sure, so I opened a long position with a stop loss to allow for the gap to close (and some), I will add to long @ gap close..

well done..you've had great plays on longs and short.  gap trading strategy has payed out big time for you.

i'm also long 45980

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#15433 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:34 PM

Your first mistake, never trade on other peoples advice!

Trading the ALSI is not easy and it takes a lot of years to master this skill, mistakes will also be made, sometimes more than other as she changes her mind very quickly!

Recently it has been more difficult calling the moves as this thing has been moving sideways from June!

But thanks for your posting of charts and advice on this forum, really made a difference!

A

Yes, I know about the "advice trading", but that's what us unsure traders do... :unsure:; trading styles (if any) also that differ? That last sentence of yours is probably tongue-in-the-cheek, but no matter; I still don't see higher highs on this chart?? Sideways... MAAAYbe???

Attached Files

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#15434 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:24 PM

Hi J/B

You have also had a good number of correct calls! :)

This one not a scalp, but longer term?? Quite out of character for you, but I hope it works out!

K

Thanks

Totally not my style, yes.

I will scalp in between, but that is my longer term plan.

Edited by Beorn, 20 August 2014 - 12:24 PM.

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#15435 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:21 PM

I can understand why you'd say "by next week" and "My stop is big". Being as evasive as possible is the only way to go here; the natives are restless tonight. :P

That was a beautiful trade, brother. 

Oops, I miss read your reply, thought you asked for a reason.

Sorry

Alsi future

#15436 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:20 PM

I can understand why you'd say "by next week" and "My stop is big". Being as evasive as possible is the only way to go here; the natives are restless tonight. :P

Thanks,

here is my reasoning. (Weekly Chart).

In next week, the time frame will align for Alsi to reach the bottom of the uptrend line and the down trend line that has held for a while now. ( I see this as the highest we will go).

I think the Gap might still close before we march higher, but I'm not sure, so I opened a long position with a stop loss to allow for the gap to close (and some), I will add to long @ gap close..

Attached Files

Alsi future

#15437 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:13 PM

I'm long @ 45822

Aiming for +- 46950 by next week.

My stop is big, so the gap can first close.

Hi J/B

You have also had a good number of correct calls! :)

This one not a scalp, but longer term?? Quite out of character for you, but I hope it works out!

K

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#15438 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:01 PM

I'm long @ 45822

Aiming for +- 46950 by next week.

My stop is big, so the gap can first close.

Happy trading!

#15439 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:52 AM

Order: 6 long @ 46248 

I don't think the move south is complete yet. For the bottom to be in, we have to see a retest of 45783 and then touch 45855 again just above it. After that, we may see 46280. If we shoot straight to 46280 without the retest of 45783, we will definitely be back here (45783) soon. Maybe tomorrow.

I see this current upmove only going up to 46030, which leaves me locked into this trade. My exit is at 46280 which will barely buy a pack of cigarettes. But it is what it is.

So I hold.  

Happy trading.

Happy trading!

#15440 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:46 AM

By Jamie McGeever : Reuters

LONDON (Reuters) - World stocks mostly halted their recent rally on Wednesday before the latest policy signal from the U.S. central bank, while UK stocks and bonds fell after Bank of England minutes showed two rate-setters voted to raise interest rates earlier this month.

Sterling jumped after the BoE minutes showed two of the nine policymakers unexpectedly voted to raise rates, while record-low money-market rates in the euro zone took the euro to its weakest against the dollar in almost a year.

Stocks had risen this week after strong U.S. housing data and lower-than-expected UK inflation figures, which suggested economic activity was rising but not fast enough to force interest rates higher any time soon. The BoE minutes prompted some to reassess, though.

"The voting has surely caught the market by surprise, given that the (latest) inflation number was so low, but now we know that we have two hawkish members in the committee," said Naem Aslam, chief market analyst at Avatrade. "This has lowered the bar for an increase in interest rates this year."

Seems like major correction is on its way!!! Free money soon to disappear!!

HDB

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting