that's the plan

#22062 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:16 PM

My shorts do not hope so and the bull in me wishes for it to go lower so I can buy a decent f)&:ing dip!!!

If you don't have any longs why worry...

Trade the ALSI using geo-politics as you leading indicator

What is happening globally effects your trades. Don't even look at the charts, they wont help you much.

EU has drawn up list of 120-130 senior Russian officials who could be subjected to travel bans and asset freezes.

GERMANY'S BILD NEWSPAPER SAYS EU/US VISA BANS WOULD ALSO TARGET GAZPROM CEO ALEXEI MILLER, HEAD OF ROSNEFT

This will make Gazprom to turn off gas supplies to europe. Most countries wont have enough energy for production.

Germany and Japan will be effected most.

Both Russia and the US are holding talks in London today but foreign minister William Hague says it will be “formidably difficult” to make progress today.

The fact that they are talking is a positive sign and if any agreements are reached then risk trades should get a good boost. However, talk and actions are worlds apart and it is what is happening on the ground in Ukraine that has the markets attention.

Keep an eye on DAX and Nikkei, they have been the worst performerS this week

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#22063 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

Do you guys think 41000 will hold?  

My shorts do not hope so and the bull in me wishes for it to go lower so I can buy a decent f)&:ing dip!!!

If you don't have any longs why worry...

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#22064 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:09 PM

Gold at 5000 would lift all other commods and our miners will fly and alsi will fly?

Gold at 5000 won't be due to supply and demand dynamics but rather an event which will see gold being revalued to its true value in a free gold world. It may help other commodities a little but doubt wether such an event will help other commodities a lot...will be gold specific.

#22065 Trendspotter

Trendspotter

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

Do you guys think 41000 will hold?  

#22066 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:47 PM

Why markets are selling off

Financial markets remained in turmoil over the upcoming referendum on Crimea’s secession from Ukraine this weekend.

Chinese officials suggested that the GDP in Q1 may be as low as 7%

The situation in Crimea remains tense and Ukraine’s acting President has called up 60,000 reserves in the National guard, warning that a Russian invasion may come at “any moment”, but so far the hostilities have been contained.

Indeed if the referendum for secession does pass as expected on Sunday, but Russian troops make no further encroachment in Ukraine’s territory then market sentiment may improve. At this point the turnover of Crimea to Russia appears to be a foregone conclusion and the only factor that could ratchet geo-political tensions would be a Russian military invasion of east Ukraine which would no doubt create a massive diplomatic conflict and send financial markets into another selling frenzy.

However, it appears doubtful that Mr. Putin would risk a full on military conflict at this time. Russia is already in the throes of an economic slowdown that could tip the country into a vicious recession if the West terminated all economic relations with the country as a result of its military adventures. Mr, Putin’s move into Crimea was always about maintaining Russia’s access to warm water ports and for now he seems to be concentrating on achieving that specific goal.

Therefore, if events on Sunday unfold strictly through political means without any further military intervention, the markets may view this development with relief and milk risk on rally could occur as shorts cover their positions and traders turn their attention to economic rather geo-political concerns.

Bears should best hope for Russia to speed up the war.

Bulls need to hope Russia calls back troops.

Trading needs no emotion. Some pray for war, some pray for peace.

It's all about greed and fear now.

MW-BV759_crimea_20140303032820_MG.jpg?uu

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#22067 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:26 PM

Long 41641 :unsure:

Don't chase the market

#22068 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

Well done to the bears, the signals were clearly there! :angry:

Might be mad but still holding and adding longs...she is outside her daily bollingerband and usually signals a bottom!

Stil think new highs coming after this!

A

this could run under your Bol band due to change in circumstances...just a thought, I have seen that before...

#22069 Piet_Bulls

Piet_Bulls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:37 AM

Long 41641 :unsure:

#22070 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:33 AM

Some on the forum trade Alsi futures, others Alsi CFD through a market maker.

The two are priced diff

whats the main differences between the 2, and benefits/advantages/disadvantages?

#22071 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:17 AM

break todays low and see 41000

#22072 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:11 AM

Noticed a 74 points divi paid/subtracted overnight; thanks for NOT informing us beforehand IG! :angry:

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#22073 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:01 AM

serious chommies...new highs is a pipe dream

the charts even show the channel failures cannot make a new high....the failure would result from a non engulfing attempt at the top of the channels....35000 before 41300.....I say

my opinion or onion

zoom zoom..

'aan da utha hend derren;... gold could easily make new highs during this period onwards to 5000 per oz.....

another opinion or onion.

There is no clear distribution pattern that signals a bullmarket top, TOP40 has made higher highs, QE3 just starting to be tapered down but still flowing in and the US had a high momentum top that is also in favour of new highs!

Lot of traders called the top before, I could be wrong but just my 2c!

Interesting month or 2 ahead that is for sure!

A

Edited by Argento, 14 March 2014 - 11:03 AM.

"Never never never give up!"

#22074 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:59 AM

Can anyone help me with which numbers you all quote wen you say levels such as 41000.

Is that top40 cash?

Some on the forum trade Alsi futures, others Alsi CFD through a market maker.

The two are priced diff

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#22075 Godfather

Godfather

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:43 AM

Can anyone help me with which numbers you all quote wen you say levels such as 41000.

Is that top40 cash?

#22076 Mhlato

Mhlato

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationNTvl

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:33 AM

Well done to the bears, the signals were clearly there! :angry:

Might be mad but still holding and adding longs...she is outside her daily bollingerband and usually signals a bottom!

Stil think new highs coming after this!

A

Argento,

Do you remember the long trade that you took on Jan 20 just after 10:00?

Looks like you want to go the same route!

"Don't try to buy at the bottom and sell at the top. It can't be done, except by liars." - Bernard Baruch

#22077 @sirgrantfleming

@sirgrantfleming

jedi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:30 AM

the charts even show the channel failures cannot make a new high....the failure would result from a non engulfing attempt at the top of the channels....35000 before 41300.....I say

my opinion or onion

zoom zoom..

'aan da utha hend derren;... gold could easily make new highs during this period onwards to 5000 per oz.....

Gold at 5000 would lift all other commods and our miners will fly and alsi will fly?

Twitter: @sirgrantfleming

#22078 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts
  • LocationOn my Alibaba Mat

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:21 AM

my opinion or onion

zoom zoom..

#22079 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

:) , ul get over it !

should we find the 40000 mark next week, then forget new highs

#22080 Godfather

Godfather

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

Just to clarify when you guys talk of levels you are talking about the levels of the Top40Cash right.

Not the Mini Contracts?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting