I only post my views, not advice

#22942 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:16 PM

The ZAR (strength) might just begin this teddy-bear picnic (however small it might be), or what?

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#22943 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:52 PM

Negative divergence means price makes a higher high but MACD a lower high!

Positive divergence means price makes a lower low but MACD a higher low!

Example attached...this works better on the bigger timeframes like the 5H/1D and weekly charts!

A

Sorry, I remember now reading on this somewhere. Think I got confused from some posts here? Anyway, thanks for the lesson!

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#22944 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:19 PM

Thank you A! Very informative and definitely helps a lot with the learning process. By "divergence", do you guys always mean crossing of Bollinger and MA lines?

Thank you A! Very informative and definitely helps a lot with the learning process. By "divergence", do you guys always mean crossing of Bollinger and MA lines? divergence means price makes a higher high but MACD a lower high!

Negative divergence means price makes a higher high but MACD a lower high!

Positive divergence means price makes a lower low but MACD a higher low!

Example attached...this works better on the bigger timeframes like the 5H/1D and weekly charts!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#22945 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

The longer the line without the body the more intense the reversal (opposite the line)....I tend to start off with the 5H as you can see the candles attached...but the weekly needs to confirm as well then you know all guns away!Added the SPX view as well!

Also important is negative or positive divergence must exist at the top or bottom and if she moves outside the bollinger band it also is a sign!

Another form of reversal is an engulfing candle like we had in December, need to be aware of that as well for a trend reversal!

A

Thank you A! Very informative and definitely helps a lot with the learning process. By "divergence", do you guys always mean crossing of Bollinger and MA lines?

#22946 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

Short 42540

IG CASH

#22947 Dabre

Dabre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

Is it safe to short the alsi yet??

#22948 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:12 PM

OK, saw it, but thought the body's too big; still new trying to read candlesticks. Thanks. What confirmed it for you; the long green candle (a bit late??) or the stochastics or what? Also on the weekly or did you get something from the dailies for confirmation?

The longer the line without the body the more intense the reversal (opposite the line)....I tend to start off with the 5H as you can see the candles attached...but the weekly needs to confirm as well then you know all guns away!Added the SPX view as well!

Also important is negative or positive divergence must exist at the top or bottom and if she moves outside the bollinger band it also is a sign!

Another form of reversal is an engulfing candle like we had in December, need to be aware of that as well for a trend reversal!

A

#22949 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

This weekly doji candle as indicated on the chart dictate the trend...once confirmed one can simply take a position and sit back and relax until the chart confirms the opposite...my new 'Airwolf' strategy for the year!Going against this will eat into your account!

Have a look at last year when she confirmed one in June, you could have bought and caught that 8300 point move until she signalled the turn in November...to trade this beast you have to view the bigger picture! :)

A

OK, saw it, but thought the body's too big; still new trying to read candlesticks. Thanks. What confirmed it for you; the long green candle (a bit late??) or the stochastics or what? Also on the weekly or did you get something from the dailies for confirmation?

#22950 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:48 AM

Uber-cool indeed! Still recall when they had a replica (? a Bell chopper is a Bell chopper) in Pta in late 80s, man it felt empowering being next to the "wolf"!

Ye, it even went to Potch and saw it there...wonder where is my 'Airwolf' badge! :D

Sad story, the Bell chopper was sold to ze Germans and used by a hospital and eventually crashed in the mountains!

See the shows are on Fox again...Stringfellow Hawke the man!

A

#22951 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:42 AM

Can you show us, please; can't see it on my (IGcash) charts??

This weekly doji candle as indicated on the chart dictate the trend...once confirmed one can simply take a position and sit back and relax until the chart confirms the opposite...my new 'Airwolf' strategy for the year!Going against this will eat into your account!

Have a look at last year when she confirmed one in June, you could have bought and caught that 8300 point move until she signalled the turn in November...to trade this beast you have to view the bigger picture! :)

A

#22952 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:39 AM

Closed long and short @ 42468

stopped out.

Alsi future

#22953 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:14 AM

Closed long and short @ 42468

Alsi future

#22954 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:06 AM

Ever heard of no pain no gain?

OK, you try that one. 

I'll try Little Pain, More Gain?  :P  :P  :P

K

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#22955 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:51 AM

Now u chicken out!!! what happened to our plan!!!

Saw a herd of rampaging bulls in my rear-view mirror and decided to get out of the way!  :o

Besides, my trading system did not give a sell-signal yet.

But don't despair, we bears shall have our day in the sun!  B)

I just don't want to suck up more pain on the way up than is absolutely necessary.

K

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#22956 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:43 AM

1d chart is calling for 4257# (J200 using IG charts). Not that far off.

After-which, 1d (BBand, RSI and MACD to a lesser degree) calls for a drop of 700 - 1300 points. This might happen when US returns to some work, tomorrow (purely speculative opinion this).

Let us see! 

Yes, it held perfectly up for this return move from 39600. Can anyone please tell me how one "stretches" and IG chart, in order to get future support and resistance prices?

#22957 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:36 AM

Major bullish weekly reversal candle at play so I would stay away from shorts for now!

A

Can you show us, please; can't see it on my (IGcash) charts??

#22958 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:31 AM

Uber-cool indeed! Still recall when they had a replica (? a Bell chopper is a Bell chopper) in Pta in late 80s, man it felt empowering being next to the "wolf"!

Show ran from 1984-1987 and this heli is still just supercool!

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#22959 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:27 AM

Argento, me likes the Airwolf pic! Is that bearish or bullish sentiment :P

Show ran from 1984-1987 and this heli is still just supercool!

Bears are back in hibernation...except from some consolidation coming some time and can't see it happening before we hit new highs the euphoria phase in stocks have started, typical action before a bullmarket ends....!

Major bullish weekly reversal candle at play so I would stay away from shorts for now!

A

#22960 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:24 AM

And im short @ 400..looking to 42000 will look see how she acts if she gets there

The way she's going she might reach the top of the bull channel at 43300-ish before turning. 

Sitting, waiting, getting ready to pounce.  :P

K

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting