• Please log in to reply
35854 replies to this topic

#22961 @sirgrantfleming

@sirgrantfleming

jedi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:12 AM

You Lordship Phleming. You may be a trader of which the equal does not exist but your comprehension of the written is severely lacking.... The word "up" clearly defines the intended statement. :D

BTW, what are your thoughts on today's price action? I agree with Jakes

lol! An unequalled trader indeed, mostly on the contra-indicator side though ;)

I'm in an odd space - feeling like I've made a decent profit lately which typically has me going long, and the market turning on me and then losing a lot - so i'm wary of this being toppy...

Twitter: @sirgrantfleming

#22962 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

Argento, me likes the Airwolf pic! Is that bearish or bullish sentiment :P

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#22963 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:05 AM

1d chart is calling for 4257# (J200 using IG charts). Not that far off.

After-which, 1d (BBand, RSI and MACD to a lesser degree) calls for a drop of 700 - 1300 points. This might happen when US returns to some work, tomorrow (purely speculative opinion this).

Let us see! 

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#22964 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:47 AM

I love this one!

Forgive Yourself
Friday, January 10, 2014 at 6:03 AM
“Forgiveness clears out the residue of the past. Until we forgive ourselves for what we did, did not do, or should have done, we will repeat our patterns. But when the mind is clear of guilt and shame, it focuses on what is here instead of what was, and lets us take each moment as it comes.” – Iyanla Vanzant
Just as important as taking responsibility for your losses is making sure you forgive yourself once you do. The forgiving part is just as important and usually proves much more difficult to do.
We should start out the new year by both recognizing and then forgiving ourselves for every mistake, stupid trade, bad move, and idiotic thing we did last year. It doesn’t matter how dumb or embarrassing it may have been. The past is the past. Once we accept responsibility, the next step is to forgive.
Forgive Yourself
If you don’t do that right away, I am afraid to tell you that you will never truly be able to move on and take full advantage of the
opportunities that this year will provide, no matter how hard you try. It truly is that important.
The problem with most of us is that we carry too much of the past around with us. This is true with both our successes and failures. But what happened last year, for good or evil, doesn’t mean diddly-squat now. All of us have a clean slate to work with and it is time to get to work. New years bring new beginnings and new opportunities. Don’t let the mistakes of the past carry on to the future.
So if you’re unhappy or regret anything you did last year, start this year by accepting responsibility and then forgive yourself. As far as the market is concerned, none of us are perfect. Making mistakes is part of the game and we all make our fair share. If you can honestly forgive yourself right now, you will take the first step toward having your best year ever.
“Every man should be born again on the first day of January. Start with a fresh page. Take up one hole more in the buckle if necessary, or let down one, according to circumstances; but on the first of January let every man gird himself once more, with his face to the front, and take no interest in the things that were and are past.” - Henry Ward Beecher

Thanks for the inspiring article Chubs! ;)

A

Edited by Argento, 17 February 2014 - 09:48 AM.

"Never never never give up!"

#22965 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:31 AM

is that + or -?

:lol:

You Lordship Phleming. You may be a trader of which the equal does not exist but your comprehension of the written is severely lacking.... The word "up" clearly defines the intended statement. :D

BTW, what are your thoughts on today's price action? I agree with Jakes

Need a million ASAP

#22966 @sirgrantfleming

@sirgrantfleming

jedi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:19 AM

My call is another +- 1 % up day today

is that + or -?

:lol:

Twitter: @sirgrantfleming

#22967 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:38 AM

My call is another +- 1 % up day today

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#22968 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:32 AM

Might just play out yes, US bank holiday, so slow and steady choppy grind up.

It might not even be a slow grind.

Alsi future

#22969 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:27 AM

Yip,

On low volumes, odds are we go higher.

Alsi future

#22970 Ninja

Ninja

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:40 AM

Ten cent up 4% this am,

#22971 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:47 AM

and many asians taht made their Lunar hols into a 2wk extention will be back on market today - so check Asia

#22972 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:36 AM

Who said a bull run does not go up in a straight line?
It looks like the weak Japan GDP figures wont put a damper on the party, more green today IMO.
Bas news is good news, good news is good news.
IMO.

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#22973 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:21 AM

Who said a bull run does not go up in a straight line?
It looks like the weak Japan GDP figures wont put a damper on the party, more green today IMO.
Bas news is good news, good news is good news.
IMO.

Alsi future

#22974 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:40 AM

Japan GDP misses expectations

Japan’s base wages adjusted for inflation last year matched a 16-year low in 2009 when the world was gripped by recession, posing a risk to consumer spending as the nation girds for a higher consumption tax come April 1st.

Guess Inflation is rising faster than wages. Nikkei will hit 13400 then 12400 soon.

Nikkei drop will spill over to other markets. Lets see how other indices react today. As some predicted that a crash will start in Asia.

Japan needs wages to rise. Once the Sales Tax comes April 1st it will erode household spending power. With low wages Japan will surely crash.

Once 101.40 breaks in USD/JPY next support is 100.30. A break at 100.30 will surely get Japanese stocks in a crash mode.

So far the Nikkei has lost 10%. 20% is coming soon.

Japan should get tips from Obama on raising wages by executive order

joefridaynikkeibreakdownspyfollowsjan311

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#22975 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:22 AM

GOLD IS GOING HOME

gold17.png

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#22976 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:59 AM

Could ALSI follow later in the year, or will miners keep us supported.

Lets hope Nikkei does not start a spark.

20140116_baml4.png

#22977 Mhlato

Mhlato

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationNTvl

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

one must be replaced to offer CFR space

One of the Financials i guess..should be FSR in your list, although OML has a bigger weight then FSR?

"Don't try to buy at the bottom and sell at the top. It can't be done, except by liars." - Bernard Baruch

#22978 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:49 PM

Glencore will balance our index. It might be a bullish index

BHP

Glencore

Anglo

Sasol

BAT

SAB

Naspers

MTN

Standard Bank

Firstrand

Top 10 will surely push the index up. These companies make a lot of money

one must be replaced to offer CFR space

#22979 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:45 PM

I am not a seasonal expert like Argento, but another observation i made is that the last 3 years in a row the J210 made a turn SOUTH during Feb...around where we are now and given the fact that it is mainly due to the recources that we have not colapsed further, makes that 58,000 target so much more important to me.

I agree Sunesis, i think it was around lthe late 1990's that our big dogs moved to the UK and that helped us alot during that crash of 2000 when the J210 had much more weight in the J200 then now. 

On that note, it will also be interesting to see once GLN is in the J210 (March/April i think) how the weights is going to change. The last sector weights i know of was J211=54.34%, J210=30.06% and J212 15.60%

Glencore will balance our index. It might be a bullish index

BHP

Glencore

Anglo

Sasol

BAT

SAB

Naspers

MTN

Standard Bank

Firstrand

Top 10 will surely push the index up. These companies make a lot of money

#22980 Mhlato

Mhlato

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationNTvl

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

Nice read.

We have Japan tax hike on April 1st. The last time Japan had a tax hike, the Nikkei crashed and never recovered until today.

Based on your stats, April 1st in in the middle on March and June when Nikkei usually crashes.

I expect the Japanese to launch another stimulus program, including aggressive monetary easing, that will most likely start sometime in the second half and trigger the next phase of Nikkei bull trend.

The Bank of Japan is aware of this and has recently stopped buying Japan Gov Bonds  to make room for more aggressive steps later. 

The BOJ will support Nikkei, the question is when will they start.

A weak Nikkei will make USD weak. This will drive gold and metal prices up, hence J200 might be supported by mining stocks like BHP and Anglo. This might also explain why J200 tends to be supported when Nikkei is falling

I am not a seasonal expert like Argento, but another observation i made is that the last 3 years in a row the J210 made a turn SOUTH during Feb...around where we are now and given the fact that it is mainly due to the recources that we have not colapsed further, makes that 58,000 target so much more important to me.

I agree Sunesis, i think it was around lthe late 1990's that our big dogs moved to the UK and that helped us alot during that crash of 2000 when the J210 had much more weight in the J200 then now. 

On that note, it will also be interesting to see once GLN is in the J210 (March/April i think) how the weights is going to change. The last sector weights i know of was J211=54.34%, J210=30.06% and J212 15.60%

"Don't try to buy at the bottom and sell at the top. It can't be done, except by liars." - Bernard Baruch

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting