• Please log in to reply
35854 replies to this topic

#23741 fabes

fabes

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

The buyers will be wrapping up these bargains tonight at 11. I'm one of them. Tight SL though. Have the appetite to go for it. If buyers don't buy this, then the market might as well crash today.

Closed 3/4 of shorts. And going long now. SL a bit under those levels. Not going with FTSE long term as they don't recover as quick. Long Alsi @ 41420. SL 41200.

VIVA La Bull and Bear.

#23742 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:14 PM

for those of you trading with IG, if you want to see something interesting (maybe you all know this) look at the 5min Dow and SA40 Cash graph - exactly the same!!

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#23743 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

so we are being clobbered hard  today - what is the chance for the common Monday bounce after this big down - highly likely or only possibly a dead cat and very shortable bounce?  any comment please 

(still holding my T40F's shorts from 42487 and 42034) 

Im no expert but looking at S&P500 graph I think if we have a close below that 1815 support , which is a previous top and reasonably well te4sted support ( and now we are below that at 1807 at time of writing this) , then the S&P500 will sell of even lower over next few days else its a bounce , and not a dead cat one on Monday an next week. - your opinions? Sunesis , Argento , Chubby , AJS , L , K etc who cares to comment?

read this

http://www.marketwat...oint-2014-01-21

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#23744 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:56 PM

guys trading SP and Dow, what will happen if 1800 and 16000 goes?

#23745 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:56 PM

so we are being clobbered hard  today - what is the chance for the common Monday bounce after this big down - highly likely or only possibly a dead cat and very shortable bounce?  any comment please 

(still holding my T40F's shorts from 42487 and 42034) 

Im no expert but looking at S&P500 graph I think if we have a close below that 1815 support , which is a previous top and reasonably well te4sted support ( and now we are below that at 1807 at time of writing this) , then the S&P500 will sell of even lower over next few days else its a bounce , and not a dead cat one on Monday an next week. - your opinions? Sunesis , Argento , Chubby , AJS , L , K etc who cares to comment?

Edited by OceanWalz, 24 January 2014 - 05:59 PM.

#23746 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:41 PM

41000 square

i think that son Dory from Finding Nemo, just keep swimming for us should change now to just keep adding just keep adding...

#23747 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:36 PM

41000 square

my man!!! 

this was coming and coming a mile away.

#23748 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

Bottom channel has been broken..but I will close my last short at 41000 and load up heavy on that level

so 700 got asked to move out of the way...next?

#23749 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

Followed forumers advice and closed the shorts I opened @ 42400 for a small profit; same again @ 42500. Will now wait and rather loose out on a few hundred points when it turns?? :unsure:

Sjorrie, forgot to adz thish one... :wacko:

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#23750 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

Short @ 42400 (IG cash)

A beast is a beast

So, why not climb-in higher up down the road?

Sometimes its better to wait for that turn then take your position. Its better losing out on 200 points then actually losing 200 points. We all know this fall will probably be bigger than the last and there is more than 2000 points for the taking. If you add more positions you can tripple it.

Another way to hedge your shorts is to take binaries. They cheap(depending when and where you enter). Nice way to fill up your account.

She's goooonnneee...

Have to wait a little longer, like our friend BBW...

K

Quick update, so we have broken out of the consolidation band with blue skies above...but as these patterns work need to see the backtest (in February) first to 41600ish futures before lift off to 44000!

But for now should only grind higher into the 31st....

A

Should have kept my shorts of yesterday! If there's one thing that I've learned here: Learn from and listen to what others have to say, but follow your own convictions and do your own thing/trades. Be especially careful of the technical guys, because they get it wrong most times.

Hoor my lied! Vesjtaan zjulle nou...(hik)?! :blink:

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#23751 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

Today shows up as an ugly bear reversal bar on dailies. Have not had a big one like this at top of the BB for a long time.

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#23752 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

Time for a u-turn now, perhaps?

if 41700 fails then bull flag no more...

C my prediction was wrong, but like the weatherman i don't care cause i was going for the short in any case..

#23753 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:33 PM

Time for a u-turn now, perhaps?

[edit] <not trading it, just speculating the erratic-side>

Edited by Lekkerry, 24 January 2014 - 03:34 PM.

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

#23754 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:04 PM

Nice call K..

Thanks C. 

Pity about your shorts...

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#23755 zoner

zoner

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:42 PM

Gold coining it too ... especially Mining! :)

Paranoid Android

#23756 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:41 PM

This 42100  is the critical level. If this breaks, 41800 next stop...

K

Ok, we've got to 41800.

Let's see where we go from here... think some zig-zag action along the way, but she's going down... 39500 may come into play in the next couple of weeks or so...

K

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#23757 JBlack

JBlack

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:16 PM

Thanks fabes, but don't think I belong among those names! I've disappointed myself so much this month :(

Just also to add, Sunesis, Argento, AJS, Chubby and alot of the other guys have really added to my success.  A BIG BIG BIG THANK YOU!!!!

Went from chasing 100 points a day, to trading 1000's of points and that I learned the hard way on my own, but with their advice. Words like "express train", "Santa rally" and "red hanger sale" comes to mind. :D

You were saying something about a red hanger.....

I must confess I expected a tad of a recovery today but just following the trend and coining....

Need a million ASAP

#23758 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:06 PM

Just also to add, Sunesis, Argento, AJS, Chubby and alot of the other guys have really added to my success.  A BIG BIG BIG THANK YOU!!!!

Went from chasing 100 points a day, to trading 1000's of points and that I learned the hard way on my own, but with their advice. Words like "express train", "Santa rally" and "red hanger sale" comes to mind. :D

Thanks fabes, but don't think I belong among those names! I've disappointed myself so much this month :(

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#23759 Lamarje

Lamarje

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationSprings

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

My favourate is "red hanger sale"...this forum rocks

But I'm only a humble student subject to correction.

#23760 OceanWalz

OceanWalz

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:32 PM

Rand swimming to the South Pole....

as someone on a blog said : "Hear the sucking sound ? Its the sound of foreign funds leaving this country'

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting