#29601 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

hang on guys, she's dipping... :unsure:

That was a very shallow dip, dit not get in...

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#29602 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

Tell me S

In terms of the big trading account banter of yesterday, did you create a big account by trading the ALSI, or did you come with a big account created elsewhere, and now you are enlarging the account by trading the ALSI?

Must say I find your posts quite unique in flavour .....brings a smile to the face every so often :)

I made most of my money trading Forex and Commodities like Gold, Silver and Oil. I have to say ALSI,FTSE,DAX,NIKKEI,DOW, S&P are all easy once you gain experiance with forex.

You should trade FTSE, DAX and Euro Stoxx50. They help to diversify your account. Remember the euro is just coming out of recession, so most of their stocks are cheap. EM markets are expensive.

You have Japan printing, a lot of money which means the Japanese need to park their money somewhere. The 1st place is european stocks.

Once you trade a lot of instruments you will see the global economy in a different view. You will always make money. Last night i made money on Oil, the prevouis day i made money on selling gold. During FED meeting i bought the USD/ZAR dip@R9.60 now its R10.00. No need to sit and wait for ALSI. I'm just a market junkie B)

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#29603 Redeemer

Redeemer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

hang on guys, she's dipping... :unsure:

#29604 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:11 AM

And took profits @39525. Waiting for the next dip..

Great. Now we need to hope for a dip.

I did not like the impulsive wave, maybe a dip wont come.

If a dip does not come. It makes trading harder. Its hard to buy when the market is not falling.

I really don't wanna become a pig and buy when its going up.

Maybe we should just buy small dips who knows.

No profession requires more hard work, intelligence, patience, and mental discipline than..speculation.

#29605 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:09 AM

Buy the dips and now selling the rally short 39520

IG CASH

#29606 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

I'm long @39457.

And took profits @39525. Waiting for the next dip..

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#29607 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

Really a no brainer buy the dips.It just feels weird to buy while market dips because everytime it feels like the dip could be the start of the big correction everybody is waiting for. Well I have been buying the dips and making good money. Best to forget this big short event coming and buy the dips. This market had all the reason to drop to the 37000 ish but kept to the 39000's.I for one reallY don't know what can make the ALSI fall as everything tried and nothing happened. Long is still the game!!

Why must you wait everyday for a crash. People have been waiting for a crash when there was a crash. All the negative people lost money. Rather keep buying until a crash comes. Crash only lasts for a few months. But bull run can last for years. I will rather make money for years and take a loss for a few months. It sounds like a good business deal to me.

So market opens with a dip just buy. Even call your neighbors to buy if you have to. I have been making money with buy the dip everyday since the US debt BS started.

Tell me S

In terms of the big trading account banter of yesterday, did you create a big account by trading the ALSI, or did you come with a big account created elsewhere, and now you are enlarging the account by trading the ALSI?

Must say I find your posts quite unique in flavour .....brings a smile to the face every so often :)

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#29608 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:48 AM

I'm long @39457.

#29609 Sunesis

Sunesis

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:32 AM

Really a no brainer buy the dips.It just feels weird to buy while market dips because everytime it feels like the dip could be the start of the big correction everybody is waiting for. Well I have been buying the dips and making good money. Best to forget this big short event coming and buy the dips. This market had all the reason to drop to the 37000 ish but kept to the 39000's.I for one reallY don't know what can make the ALSI fall as everything tried and nothing happened. Long is still the game!!

Why must you wait everyday for a crash. People have been waiting for a crash when there was a crash. All the negative people lost money. Rather keep buying until a crash comes. Crash only lasts for a few months. But bull run can last for years. I will rather make money for years and take a loss for a few months. It sounds like a good business deal to me. 

So market opens with a dip just buy. Even call your neighbors to buy if you have to. I have been making money with buy the dip everyday since the US debt BS started. 

#29610 Trainee Trader

Trainee Trader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:21 AM

200 point dip came overnight. Limit triggered! Nice surprise to wake up to..

Nice!

IG Cash

#29611 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:10 AM

I'm still shorting the rallies. Lots of volatility means money on both short and long sides.. I'm short @39452 waiting for the dip...

Saw that now on IGM. Wonder what happened at that time of the morning?

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#29612 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:01 AM

Share prices are reflective of future expectations. Or at least, theoretically.  

Is everyone really expecting the worst from the future?  A correct yes, but bear market? I can't see this overall bull market ending just yet.

Edited by AJS, 03 October 2013 - 07:02 AM.

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#29613 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:48 AM

.I for one reallY don't know what can make the ALSI fall as everything tried and nothing happened. 

And this is exactly why I'm sitting on the sidelines. Beware the month of October :o

#29614 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:39 AM

I'm still shorting the rallies. Lots of volatility means money on both short and long sides.. I'm short @39452 waiting for the dip...

#29615 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

I agree crash will most probably not just yet because if it happens now it will be most anticipated crash in history...cash levels of global investors too high which should provide some underpin...but if you are still dancing stay close to the exits.

#29616 mdma

mdma

• PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

And as soon as everyone begins to believe this and does accordingly, the very drop you were once afraid off, will strike!

#29617 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

A decent late push by the American markets!

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#29618 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

IG CASH

#29619 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:43 PM

We wait...whilst the uncertainty continues. We can however be sure that there will be no taper in Oct as Rosengren from Fed said today that their decision not to taper in Sep has been vindicated by current circus playing out in DC. Dec taper also most probably off the table as any prolonged shutdown will impact growth...which gives them the excuse not to do anything on 18 Dec. Just heard Larry Kudlow from CNBC tweeted that sources told him shutdown to last at least another week.

#29620 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) - Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke refrained from making any comments on monetary policy, the government shutdown or the economy in a brief speech on Wednesday. Bernanke welcomed participants to a community bank research conference sponsored by the St. Louis Fed and the Conference of State Bank Supervisors. He restricted his remarks to the challenges facing small banks and the central bank's efforts to build better ties to the institutions. 

Good call Zero!!

So what now?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting