35854 replies to this topic

#30981 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:42 AM

Resources should do well on china, gold on syria.
Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#30982 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:21 AM

Sold my short for some profit last night....contemplating taking another now. Or perhaps waiting a bot longer

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#30983 Mhlato

Mhlato

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationNTvl

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:31 PM

Bearish Engulfing on the dailies, 1652 should provide support.

Attached Files

"Don't try to buy at the bottom and sell at the top. It can't be done, except by liars." - Bernard Baruch

#30984 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:39 PM

Yep...Tomorrows consumer confidence and Thursday's Jobless claims are the market movers for the week so volatility is a given I think. If we have some profit taking tomorrow and the markets don't like the consumer report then tomorrow we could have a sharp selloff. Big gaps in between support levels at 38600 and 38200 so there are pockets to be filled. If we finish flat to negative on SPX today we could see that materialize in early trade. Having said that I dont think we will be dropping like a stone in the next few weeks..more like a feather floating down from the heavens gently making its way down until its ravaged by the thunderous August rainstorm(Poetic I know)

S&P down......IGM down. 20 min to go

Me still have a short. Will take the overnight risk.

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#30985 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:30 PM

There is just nothing to hold our market down, any news any results and we climb. Just building and building for the fall, the fall that atm is not gonna be so big as all is thinking, I cannot see us falling below 38000 in the near future.I am out for now, no fundementals no reason and just crazy money being thrown into JSE, JAKES I really hold thumbs that your short turns into some money, but yes maybe I am a bit negative but short atm and the big divi no ways.

And there she goes down.

#30986 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:10 PM

There is just nothing to hold our market down, any news any results and we climb. Just building and building for the fall, the fall that atm is not gonna be so big as all is thinking, I cannot see us falling below 38000 in the near future.I am out for now, no fundementals no reason and just crazy money being thrown into JSE, JAKES I really hold thumbs that your short turns into some money, but yes maybe I am a bit negative but short atm and the big divi no ways.

IG CASH

#30987 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

Divi Alert

SA40

South Africa 40 Index

30-Aug

30-Aug

Thanks for the heads up!

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#30988 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:52 PM

I would suggest being a bit careful with the taper expectations. When the market expects something it tends not to happen.
I'm expecting more volatility and possibly a reasonable correction but I suspect the expectation for a major drop is overdone.

If the big drop fails to materialise there will be a lot of short covering pushing the market higher (after the headfake)

just my 2c..

Even if we have only a 2-3% correction it will have us back @38100, where support lies. We've gone way too far on this rally IMHO.

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#30989 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

Flag target reached. I'm now officially short @38980. Will add to shorts if it goes higher from here.

If it's not Septaper, it will be Octaper. But i'll be really screwed if it's NO-taper!

K

I would suggest being a bit careful with the taper expectations. When the market expects something it tends not to happen.

I'm expecting more volatility and possibly a reasonable correction but I suspect the expectation for a major drop is overdone.

If the big drop fails to materialise there will be a lot of short covering pushing the market higher (after the headfake)

just my 2c..

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#30990 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

Would like to hear from shorts re overnight views. I am not banking on a large drop, but will be happy with a scalp, if so lucky.

#30991 bulls

bulls

bulls

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

SA bonds keep going higher, which means it is getting more and more expensive for SA to borrow money from investors, which means pretty soon interest rates @ the banks will go up?

And we all know what that means for shares. 

i think retailers are pricing in a hike. whether we get multi hikes from here or just one or two remains to be seen.

i  think resi/indi stocks that focus on a weaker rand will be the stocks to follow.

less yada yada more ching ching!!

#30992 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:41 PM

Good luck Chubby! The flag target of approx 38950 is where I have my sell order. This level will shake out many of the die-hard shorts who have been in since way lower down. Can't see it go very much higher from there. See you at the bottom.

K

Flag target reached. I'm now officially short @38980. Will add to shorts if it goes higher from here.

If it's not Septaper, it will be Octaper. But i'll be really screwed if it's NO-taper!

K

#30993 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:55 PM

Yeah... Looking at the charts, weekly and daily, there might another be a couple (+/- 300pts or so) points upside to the top of this channel.

Thanks. Was an easy call. breakout from the bottom of a very well defined channel. Easy money. If only all calls were that way!

Next 'easy money' call will be when this trend eventually snaps..

attachicon.gifALSI 26Aug.png

Edited by AJS, 26 August 2013 - 05:58 PM.

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#30994 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:47 PM

Well done man!

Good way to start the week!

Thanks. Was an easy call. breakout from the bottom of a very well defined channel. Easy money. If only all calls were that way!

Next 'easy money' call will be when this trend eventually snaps..

Attached File  ALSI 26Aug.png   116.53KB   20 downloads

Edited by gamma, 26 August 2013 - 05:47 PM.

#30995 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

SA bonds keep going higher, which means it is getting more and more expensive for SA to borrow money from investors, which means pretty soon interest rates @ the banks will go up?

And we all know what that means for shares. 

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#30996 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:30 PM

Another speculative short @ 38 957. As saw it just went passed 39 000

#30997 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

Well done man!

Good way to start the week!

Closed at 38973, close enough!

#30998 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:02 PM

almost there...

moved stop to 38800

:D

Closed at 38973, close enough!

#30999 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:42 PM

Don't be rude AJS  :)

Hahaha!

I should buy a new crystal ball, this one covered in 4-months of dust!

#31000 Lekkerry

Lekkerry

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationZA

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

ALSI is an unwilling participant being dragged by this bull!

Anthropomorphism, yes I know (if ALSI was a beast)!

From your perspective, Lekkerry is faceless and to a degree nameless, so any opinions expressed are just that, opinions from someone on the Internet  :D

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting