Eat like an elephant, **** like a bird

#7982 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:56 AM

Thanks B but I'm also still learning and each artist here (maybe you don't know it yet but yes, trading is an art) has something to give!Blytz/davidp13 made an awesome sitting tight trade the other day, Denrandgroup called the big drop in May and V with his elliott wave counts, Django with his moving day average crosses and ***** with his 1min timeframe calls!

Sorry if I left somebody out! B)

Most important thing is you need to understand why the market is doing what it is doing, making patterns (elliot wave counts) over certain periods (seasonals) and resulting in a push higher or correction down...then comes TA as well!

Longter term it is still my view we are busy with a huge top formation (Primary IV) that is going to break down around September/October (target 40000-38000)...but the big boys haven't started selling yet so up and down between 45000 and 47000 is the order of the day!Short term looks like we are heading back up towards the middle weekly bb around 47000ish into Aug, watch for the piercing of the 5H bb before shorting!

And yes, Garth knows his stuff, not like Roffey that is a comedy show! :lol:

A

And gannet with this cycle dates... ;)

A

"Never never never give up!"

#7983 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:52 AM

Newbies

Courses you asked (maybe go to Garth Mackenzie and see/listen what he has to say, IG??). BUT nothing will beat YOUR tested system that YOU created for yourself

IF you listen to someone, Argento is the one to listen to. And A. thanks for the support and kind words

Regards B.

Thanks B but I'm also still learning and each artist here (maybe you don't know it yet but yes, trading is an art) has something to give!Blytz/davidp13 made an awesome sitting tight trade the other day, Denrandgroup called the big drop in May and V with his elliott wave counts, Django with his moving day average crosses and ***** with his 1min timeframe calls!

Sorry if I left somebody out! B)

Most important thing is you need to understand why the market is doing what it is doing, making patterns (elliot wave counts) over certain periods (seasonals) and resulting in a push higher or correction down...then comes TA as well!

Longter term it is still my view we are busy with a huge top formation (Primary IV) that is going to break down around September/October (target 40000-38000)...but the big boys haven't started selling yet so up and down between 45000 and 47000 is the order of the day!Short term looks like we are heading back up towards the middle weekly bb around 47000ish into Aug, watch for the piercing of the 5H bb before shorting!

And yes, Garth knows his stuff, not like Roffey that is a comedy show! :lol:

A

Edited by Argento, 31 July 2015 - 10:54 AM.

#7984 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:51 AM

dude there is a reason for it, well a couple of reasons

like i stated the other day, this used to be a great place then moron V piped up again

two people really fu^&ed up this thread V and Z, personally I hope they both move on

and wanker V, if you best comment now is I'm a H disciple you need to start getting a better line!!!

it pains me that i cannot use this place to learn anymore!!! 

Thats a nicely polished HDB trumpet you wearing today

Can you play any psychotic stuff on it

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#7985 Guest_Bandido_*

Guest_Bandido_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:48 AM

Forgot one guy. Simon Brown of JOL (Just One Lap)

On his thread all is free. Download what you need and check it out

#7986 Turboshark

Turboshark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:42 AM

Read the attached - BEING PATIENT!!!!

Thanks Argento & Bandido for your time and advise, look forward to your future posts.

#7987 @sirgrantfleming

@sirgrantfleming

jedi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:33 AM

It takes years to understand the market and be profitable....not to be negative but agree with B, study and papertrade first, trading the ALSI is another thing and I only quote what the legend of all traders said...."trying to catch the daily fluctuations was fatal to me"!

Big money lies in the big swings..I am still of the view scalping will just cause you pain and frustration!

READ THE ATTACHED REALLY GOOD!!!!

A

Great snippet A...

Twitter: @sirgrantfleming

#7988 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:26 AM

Forgot to mention (*****) ex Delta :)

thks for your kind words Bandido

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#7989 Guest_Bandido_*

Guest_Bandido_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:23 AM

Forgot to mention (*****) ex Delta :)

#7990 Turboshark

Turboshark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:21 AM

@ Argento, thank you for the advise, will read it.

#7991 Guest_Bandido_*

Guest_Bandido_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:21 AM

Newbies

Courses you asked (maybe go to Garth Mackenzie and see/listen what he has to say, IG??). BUT nothing will beat YOUR tested system that YOU created for yourself

IF you listen to someone, Argento is the one to listen to. And A. thanks for the support and kind words

Regards B.

#7992 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:12 AM

time frame(15min) killed me this am on my entry..still in play though

#7993 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:08 AM

added 46200...caution!

#7994 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

It takes years to understand the market and be profitable....not to be negative but agree with B, study and papertrade first, trading the ALSI is another thing and I only quote what the legend of all traders said...."trying to catch the daily fluctuations was fatal to me"!

Big money lies in the big swings..I am still of the view scalping will just cause you pain and frustration!

A

Just to add..short term trading can work but then you need to have a well tested method and system that works..like HDB's!

But this is just my opinion..Beorn also has a good feel of the market as do other traders here..but it never worked for me! ;)

A

#7995 denrandgroup

denrandgroup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Long 46159 @ 200sma 15m resolution. 60 pips stop

The Wolf of ALSI

#7996 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:01 AM

Hi All,

I am new to this, been a CFD trader for a year now. Does one need plenty time to understand the working's of the ALSI, Dow etc. I am really interested in this and have been watching from a distance for the past 4 months.

A

Attached Files

Edited by Argento, 31 July 2015 - 10:01 AM.

#7997 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:51 AM

ANTONJ  AND  TURBOSHARK

THIS IS FOR YOU.  STOP TRADING. Go and study, study, study what goes on on the Alsi/. Take courses. EDUCATE yourself. AND MOST OF ALL. STOP TRADING THE 1MIN CHART

I am not an expert, F..... far from it (no one his) LOST a lot trading like you. Getting better after 15months. AND still down

Read all the books you can. Go to courses. And get YOUR OWN Methodology . and test and retest back charts..

Please stop now 

1min time frame is to determine short term trend direction for scalpers within a particular system parameter--u dont trade it..(lol)

#7998 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:49 AM

This is what I meant last night best position to be short atm, but then you have the divi today and that is gonna cost you 146 pips, but to go long you will not recover imo. Jakes Argento did you guys disappear?

IG CASH

#7999 Turboshark

Turboshark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:36 AM

Thank you Bandido, are there any courses out there that can assist with this, surely it is also about trial and error?

#8000 Jakkals

Jakkals

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:24 AM

ANTONJ  AND  TURBOSHARK

THIS IS FOR YOU.  STOP TRADING. Go and study, study, study what goes on on the Alsi/. Take courses. EDUCATE yourself. AND MOST OF ALL. STOP TRADING THE 1MIN CHART

I am not an expert, F..... far from it (no one his) LOST a lot trading like you. Getting better after 15months. AND still down

Read all the books you can. Go to courses. And get YOUR OWN Methodology . and test and retest back charts..

Please stop now 

Thanks, I'm happy to learn. Will definitely educate myself more.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting