#14402 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:07 AM

Hi guys, I'm just a little guy, a beginner. I would like to know if anyone in here would like to like help me create a trading algorithm, just a simple automated trading strategy please please please, pretty please. I want to try to create something that buys on a 13/48 EMA crossover to the upside, and short on the down. Just that simple, I'm new to trading and would just like to see how that works. 

TheSource,

Forget about the warnings; just test your system. That's what any sensible individual would do anyway, isn't it?

All of us were warned not to day trade but we still do it.

Lots of luck with your new venture.

Happy trading!

#14403 Qbre77

Qbre77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:12 AM

Hi TS

I could help you set up a system. Very easy to do given your parameters.. BUT...

Your account will be cleared out.

Crossover systems works very well in a trending market. Lots of moolah.. But in a sideways market you will find multiple crossovers that will lose you money on each leg. I have backtested numerous crossover systems on multiple timeframes and with different parameters, and they ALL lose money in the longer term. NO EXCEPTIONS!

So forget that dream. It does not work. Trust me on this one. Do not say that you were not warned.

K

100% correct, also the spread will help kill you!

#14404 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:09 AM

Hi guys, I'm just a little guy, a beginner. I would like to know if anyone in here would like to like help me create a trading algorithm, just a simple automated trading strategy please please please, pretty please. I want to try to create something that buys on a 13/48 EMA crossover to the upside, and short on the down. Just that simple, I'm new to trading and would just like to see how that works.

Hi TS

I could help you set up a system. Very easy to do given your parameters.. BUT...

Your account will be cleared out.

Crossover systems works very well in a trending market. Lots of moolah.. But in a sideways market you will find multiple crossovers that will lose you money on each leg. I have backtested numerous crossover systems on multiple timeframes and with different parameters, and they ALL lose money in the longer term. NO EXCEPTIONS!

So forget that dream. It does not work. Trust me on this one. Do not say that you were not warned.

K

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

#14405 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:47 AM

Tell me the future of the futures...

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#14406 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:36 AM

Did not get to my desktop....pls anybody....is there a dividend today?

30p

Thanks MX :)

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#14407 mx125

mx125

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationKZN

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:30 AM

30p

#14408 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:23 AM

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#14409 RusQ

RusQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:40 AM

hope you have a good bank balance you are going to need it. first what program you using and second the killer is the spread. the problems come in with what you don't see in the charts, the line cross is not always one event and can be 30 events in a very short space of time, depending on when you buy the share, in trading hours or after hours you can loose big time and very fast. 

what you are looking for is exceptionally difficult to get right, the market also causes problems, one system works well in bull and not in bear, and a sideways market just wipes you out no matter what system you play. a better strategy is to try and refine the process so that you have far less trades but each trade you do take has a better chance to deliver a profit.

so with the line cross what is MACD doing, where is the RSI and what is the overall trend, all that and you will still only get 70 percent to convert to cash.

the bottom line is this is definitely not simple and also not something you want try with real money until you are quite sure your system works.

otoh, KISS?

if you gonna play ma crossovers (the most basic of trending systems), the mentioned series is tops.

'snot important what sw you use, ass long it is reliable and give you direct access to the 'real' market. going with what used to be known as 'bucket shops' has pros and many cons...

if you serious, hang around awhile, advice is only a click away  :lol:  :lol:

Life is for living...

#14410 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:02 AM

yes, i did check. it has a fair validity, imo.

this last one was the 'supermoon' for the year, fwiw.

bottom line is, if the system makes sense to you (and comes out positive on backtesting), stick to it religiously. almost 'anything' can be used as the underlying basis for a system. Years ago used an alternative system based on the Golden String. Underlying premise was that "prices fluctuate'. never lost on any month-to-month timeframe...

btw - if i ever offer my system for sale? RUN as hard you can :lol:  :lol:

I still use the golden sting to find the bottom of a down turn. don't find it accurate enough for day or couple of day trading. 

G

#14411 grantmu

grantmu

Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:55 AM

hope you have a good bank balance you are going to need it. first what program you using and second the killer is the spread. the problems come in with what you don't see in the charts, the line cross is not always one event and can be 30 events in a very short space of time, depending on when you buy the share, in trading hours or after hours you can loose big time and very fast. 

what you are looking for is exceptionally difficult to get right, the market also causes problems, one system works well in bull and not in bear, and a sideways market just wipes you out no matter what system you play. a better strategy is to try and refine the process so that you have far less trades but each trade you do take has a better chance to deliver a profit.

so with the line cross what is MACD doing, where is the RSI and what is the overall trend, all that and you will still only get 70 percent to convert to cash.

the bottom line is this is definitely not simple and also not something you want try with real money until you are quite sure your system works.

#14412 Mhlato

Mhlato

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • LocationNTvl

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:11 PM

What software are you using?

"Don't try to buy at the bottom and sell at the top. It can't be done, except by liars." - Bernard Baruch

#14413 RusQ

RusQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:24 PM

so you read up a bit? good!

anything under 15mins on that will get you whipsawed - seems profitable on the longer time-frames. on the indexes is better, only works on select (generally trending) individual stocks. can't help with automation, maybe others here can?

wanna try it and report back?

Life is for living...

#14414 TheSource187

TheSource187

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:11 PM

Legal or illegal however you make your cash flow. 

#14415 RusQ

RusQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:07 PM

Seems that if a move went noticeable as expected with previous moon then a good chance to see next one work also.

But there are unpredictable "inversions" which can upset any sceptic almost as much as I upset HDB  ;)

Have a chart...

attachicon.gifspx mooned.png

yes, i did check. it has a fair validity, imo.

this last one was the 'supermoon' for the year, fwiw.

bottom line is, if the system makes sense to you (and comes out positive on backtesting), stick to it religiously. almost 'anything' can be used as the underlying basis for a system. Years ago used an alternative system based on the Golden String. Underlying premise was that "prices fluctuate'. never lost on any month-to-month timeframe...

btw - if i ever offer my system for sale? RUN as hard you can :lol:  :lol:

Life is for living...

#14416 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:59 PM

Seems that if a move went noticeable as expected with previous moon then a good chance to see next one work also.

But there are unpredictable "inversions" which can upset any sceptic almost as much as I upset HDB  ;)

Have a chart...

attachicon.gifspx mooned.png

Me upset???

Get real....While u wait for ur waves we got other work to do ....

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#14417 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:50 PM

Mooning?

if i understood the Idiot, the higher probabilities are on the quarters?

Have a chart...

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#14418 RusQ

RusQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:45 PM

U not only a fraud but a stinking liar as well... Go to 2nd August and see,,,Only 2 posts that day, one by you and one by Beorn!!

In fact it was Beorn who said blow u and the gap!! So obviously either ur memory is corrupt or u just one big liar!!

Guys this fraud has been busted!!!

I remember the post about 'no gap there' and can't find it anymore??

Life is for living...

#14419 CPvanWyk

CPvanWyk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationDurbanville

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:44 PM

Please don't screw up the alsi thread. Make new one to sort out all **** between members. Especially those with the 5 posts. At the end every meaningful opinion count. Every analysis count as well as "V" waves and "A" long term analysis.

#14420 RBM

RBM

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:43 PM

Senusis where to from here?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting