• Please log in to reply
35845 replies to this topic

#15321 sequoia

sequoia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:12 PM

If you are looking for some real perspective when short sightednss is killing you, read Stocks for the Long Run by Jeremy Siegel.

Let me know your thoughts if you have read it. 

Edited by sequoia, 21 August 2014 - 12:13 PM.

Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent – John Maynard Keynes

#15322 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:53 AM

Was a good call i am also not in yet 

They'll go back to 46355 for the last time (hitting it from below). There's still hope. But once again, I don't play the short side.

Happy trading!

#15323 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:49 AM

In this situation lets learn from the master:

"In a narrow market, when prices are not getting anywhere to speak of but move within a narrow range, there is no sense in trying to anticipate what the next big movement is going to be. The thing to do is to watch the market, read the tape to determine the limits of the get nowhere prices, and make up your mind that you will not take an interest until the prices break through the limit in either direction." ~ Jesse Livermore

Doesn't matter how good a trader you are, you can predict until you are blue but playing the breakout is the best advice, market got me all emotional and fell again into the above trap!

So she has been moving in this sideways band since June, where to next? As the SPX is approaching the previous high and clearly back into an uptrend (Nasdaq uptrend confirmed) IMO it is just a matter of time before we pop out up (but I would be guessing so taking what info is available and speculating here).

I don't doubt my EW analyis and Intermediate V of Major 5 of Primary III still lies ahead (and as per Caldaro), and based on this sideways action we could see a significant bullrun before she turns again!

Since this morning taking a bullish stance on this woman...picking my head up and live to trade another day!

Some will be thinking she might go down again for only to miss the ride up, me thinks reward is on the bullish side and risk the bears!

Band is on the graph attached...see the daily macd has moved past the 0 line and usually a bullish sign!

Still thinks futures close-out in Sept will be a high....with QE getting pumped into the system and rates remaining low (Fed)!

A

5H bollingerbands is tightening together and usually signals on a big move coming....!!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#15324 Dip Trader

Dip Trader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:46 AM

It certainly looks like a good call; and your short entry call was better than mine (although I'm not in it).

Happy trading, brother.

Was a good call i am also not in yet 

#15325 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:42 AM

shoo no mate too much schizophrenia around here..i cannot post all my trades how many times can i say why....but i have provided many great pieces of trading tips here..gone over too many heads i guess...the best is trade the fibs now..last post dinkum i am short 46433..should work..adios

It certainly looks like a good call; and your short entry call was better than mine (although I'm not in it).

Happy trading, brother.

Happy trading!

#15326 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:37 AM

Roundtree

All is fair in love and war. I am as neutral as Switzerland in this handbag swinging. But to be fair, please remove the reference to DWT securities from your signature. Otherwise some "charlatan" might accuse you of ambush marketing.

Just saying.... 

Thanks, brother. Well spotted. 

Although it's not an excuse, I saw all the other traders mentioning IG so I thought I'd also state mine. But thanks for pointing that out.

Happy trading, brother.

Happy trading!

#15327 Dip Trader

Dip Trader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:36 AM

Just buy low and sell High !! :lol:

Attached Files

#15328 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:34 AM

Roundtree, do you think we will get to that level today? 

This is what my chart tells me based on my trading philosophy, which is Trade double tops/bottoms and Professionals never sell at a loss

There's a bunch of sell orders sitting at 46545 (19th August) to close long positions that were opened on the way down. I mentioned 46334 (short) because of what was happening there (the mini double top). Those who trade price action saw it unfold. But I don't believe in taking shorts! 

Regarding 45783 below, I don't see that happening today. But hey, we're trading a rigged market. The way I see it, these guys will not quit until all their long positions have been closed (and all the shorts have capitulated). The other case is that we have professionals stuck in short trades at 46160 below (from this morning). Now the question is, which one do they want to tackle first? I may be wrong, of course.  

Happy trading, brother.

Happy trading!

#15329 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:25 AM

In this situation lets learn from the master:

"In a narrow market, when prices are not getting anywhere to speak of but move within a narrow range, there is no sense in trying to anticipate what the next big movement is going to be. The thing to do is to watch the market, read the tape to determine the limits of the get nowhere prices, and make up your mind that you will not take an interest until the prices break through the limit in either direction." ~ Jesse Livermore

Doesn't matter how good a trader you are, you can predict until you are blue but playing the breakout is the best advice, market got me all emotional and fell again into the above trap!

So she has been moving in this sideways band since June, where to next? As the SPX is approaching the previous high and clearly back into an uptrend (Nasdaq uptrend confirmed) IMO it is just a matter of time before we pop out up (but I would be guessing so taking what info is available and speculating here).

I don't doubt my EW analyis and Intermediate V of Major 5 of Primary III still lies ahead (and as per Caldaro), and based on this sideways action we could see a significant bullrun before she turns again!

Since this morning taking a bullish stance on this woman...picking my head up and live to trade another day!

Some will be thinking she might go down again for only to miss the ride up, me thinks reward is on the bullish side and risk the bears!

Band is on the graph attached...see the daily macd has moved past the 0 line and usually a bullish sign!

Still thinks futures close-out in Sept will be a high....with QE getting pumped into the system and rates remaining low (Fed)!

A

Attached Files

Edited by Argento, 21 August 2014 - 11:28 AM.

"Never never never give up!"

#15330 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts
  • LocationOn my Alibaba Mat

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:59 AM

shoo no mate too much schizophrenia around here..i cannot post all my trades how many times can i say why....but i have provided many great pieces of trading tips here..gone over too many heads i guess...the best is trade the fibs now..last post dinkum i am short 46433..should work..adios

#15331 JJBen

JJBen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:58 AM

Roundtree

All is fair in love and war. I am as neutral as Switzerland in this handbag swinging. But to be fair, please remove the reference to DWT securities from your signature. Otherwise some "charlatan" might accuse you of ambush marketing.

Just saying.... 

#15332 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:53 AM

You're probably right, brother. We're obviously looking at different trading systems, aren't we? Mine says 46334. But then again, it's not a competition, is it? 

I don't play shorts so this one has no effect on my equity curve, I'm just throwing it out there. 46334. Going down to 45783 thereabout.

Happy trading, brother. And don't be a stranger now, we always enjoy having you around. 

Roundtree, do you think we will get to that level today? 

#15333 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:47 AM

actually if you want to short this thing 46393/46427 is the entry...gap 46074 to close. there sweethearts last post you can keep you forum nice and.. ahem ..clean

You're probably right, brother. We're obviously looking at different trading systems, aren't we? Mine says 46334. But then again, it's not a competition, is it? 

I don't play shorts so this one has no effect on my equity curve, I'm just throwing it out there. 46334. Going down to 45783 thereabout.

Happy trading, brother. And don't be a stranger now, we always enjoy having you around. 

Happy trading!

#15334 ZoomZ

ZoomZ

The Wizard

• Members
  • 3,080 posts
  • LocationOn my Alibaba Mat

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:37 AM

actually if you want to short this thing 46393/46427 is the entry...gap 46074 to close. there sweethearts last post you can keep you forum nice and.. ahem ..clean

#15335 Dip Trader

Dip Trader

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:36 AM

Just ignore it (the shite) and you'll be fine.

Happy trading.

Jo julle dis erger as Egoli hier !!

#15336 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:32 AM

I don't think the move south is complete yet. For the bottom to be in, we have to see a retest of 45783 and then touch 45855 again just above it. After that, we may see 46280. If we shoot straight to 46280 without the retest of 45783, we will definitely be back here (45783) soon. Maybe tomorrow.

I see this current upmove only going up to 46030, which leaves me locked into this trade. My exit is at 46280 which will barely buy a pack of cigarettes. But it is what it is.

So I hold.  

Happy trading.

If you'd like to short this thing 46334 is your entry.We're going down, I think. But I'll wait for the buy side to jump in. 

Happy trading

Edited by Roundtree, 21 August 2014 - 10:34 AM.

Happy trading!

#15337 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:32 AM

Blyth have you also noticed how those guys are getting pretty much every call wrong. Calling the market more than an hour in advance is almost becoming impossible for everybody. Now they are calling 47300. Take you a bet they will be wrong again.

True Strydom, i quote one of them "Bullish flag still in place" and just yesterday the same person was saying Bear Flag with target 45,500 and another tweet "Tripple top or rising wedge, target 45,000 or 44,800" 

#15338 strydomk

strydomk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

Blyth have you also noticed how those guys are getting pretty much every call wrong. Calling the market more than an hour in advance is almost becoming impossible for everybody. Now they are calling 47300. Take you a bet they will be wrong again.

#15339 BlythZ

BlythZ

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:16 AM

This market has been very difficult to read for long term views, i think the playing ground is not even. Look at how most people on Twitter were saying if 45,850 is breached then there will be serious pain for Bulls and they made sure they got into our heads to make sure most people close their longs at a loss around that level and after trading below that 45,850 level for a short time we started to go higher and higher and closed the day up when most people thought that we were going to continue heading south and some were saying we will reach the 45,000 level. 

I really feel sorry for you Argento and other guys who got caught up in this but i guess now we should really look at the charts for guidance and after that think of what MMs would do next before placing a trade, i am sure that way you will end up making the right calls. 

I must admit these guys really bruised my account and my ego in 3 days! 30 July, 31 July and 1 August and it took a few days to sober up and get back to trading, the system that HDB shared for FREE and his FREE advice has really helped me get my ego back and some money that i lost in those 3 days. So the bottom line is, the playing field is not even and don't let that bruise your ego. 

Happy trading to you all

#15340 Roundtree

Roundtree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:06 AM

If you are not contributing to this thread in a positive way please DON'T post on it. Its easy to be brave on a forum where you are protected by being anynomous. Stop being cowards, meet up face to face and sort it out. The rest on here do not feel like reading your childish shite the whole time

Just ignore it (the shite) and you'll be fine.

Happy trading.

Happy trading!

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting