sequoia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:26 AM

V what wave are we in.

5th Wave on my graph.

The wave where you make money by being long, and loose money by being short  :D

Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent – John Maynard Keynes

#15882 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:21 AM

V what wave are we in.

IG CASH

#15883 Guest_Bandido_*

Guest_Bandido_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:11 AM

50% increase YoY  . go go bulls and NPN

#15884 sequoia

sequoia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:56 AM

Tencent beat estimates. The bull is going to smash any bears now

Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent – John Maynard Keynes

#15885 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

Maybe a shower of meteors will hit the JSE Algo section & give them a sense of direction

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#15886 strydomk

strydomk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:21 AM

Sorry ettas. I follow that info on twitter. Not quick. Takes a minute or so for people to start posting.

#15887 davidp13

davidp13

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:21 AM

Fitch cuts Naspers debt to junk!

I find trading like body surfing, catch the right one and you will make it all the way to the beach.

#15888 Ettas

Ettas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:13 AM

Just to note that tencent reports at 11am. Could throw the market around a bit.

What site best to get that quickly?

#15889 Beorn

Beorn

The Oracle

• 3,219 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:09 AM

Forex traders pricing in sooner int rate rise in UK, markets not bothered, or trying to flush out weak shorts.

Lets see what happens

Alsi future

I only post my views, not advice

#15890 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:08 AM

Bears thank me later long 46510

IG CASH

#15891 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:56 AM

Mmmm... Bears be like:

Attached File  bear-trap-picture.png   79.56KB   14 downloads

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#15892 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:56 AM

Those candles don't usually lie and alter the shorter term trend, IMO just need to be patient here, minor 1 up of Int V was 1500 points, so minor 2 down should be quite large too and currently still busy building the top, 60min macd looking bearish!

But today is important and if she stays up and makes a new high minor 1 is still in motion!(that I doubt) :rolleyes:

A

On that note, I'm going long now, looks like we might reach the top first before minor 2 kicks off, market looks strong!

A

"Never never never give up!"

#15893 strydomk

strydomk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:46 AM

Just to note that tencent reports at 11am. Could throw the market around a bit.

#15894 bear catcher

bear catcher

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:46 AM

Well at least the guys that got caught with some longs last week feeling better.

IG CASH

#15895 Ettas

Ettas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:39 AM

Those candles don't usually lie and alter the shorter term trend, IMO just need to be patient here, minor 1 up of Int V was 1500 points, so minor 2 down should be quite large too and currently still busy building the top, 60min macd looking bearish!

But today is important and if she stays up and makes a new high minor 1 is still in motion!(that I doubt) :rolleyes:

A

I take a lot of comfort in those words....it can get lonely in this office when things don't look up... :P  :P  :P  :D  :D  :D

#15896 Vertebrae

Vertebrae

Pachycephalosaurus

• Members
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationDystopia

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:39 AM

FTSE hesitant for data. FTSE play can be nice or unwanted.

Africa will never be regarded as adult until all of its organisations stop admiring and protecting criminal dictators.

MSM et al presents (sponsored) opinion as fact and seeks to indoctrinate. Journalists without ethics proliferate in a swamp of filthy lucre (BBC inclusive).

In response to decades of racism by fearful minority whites called apartheid there will be an eternity of racism by revengeful majority blacks called all kinds of excuses.

Corruption is not yet compulsory but it may as well be - Aggressive africanization uses the racist Employment Equity Act as a club.

Too many humans are too busy copulating to bother about the irresponsible, unsustainable and progressively catastrophic population explosion. 

Whilst humanity prevails so will evil. Evil will survive and thrive through sophisticated indoctrination and other conscience-suppressing disguises.

Desmond Tutu has been praying for the downfall of the ANC since 2011. Clearly he needs some assistance with such a difficult and worthy task..

Cockroaches still lurk on sharechat because it is prime real estate for their con artistry, duping and grand theft.

#15897 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:37 AM

A

She finished as a long legged Doji last nigh...could it go the other way or do you still feel sure bout that pullback to close gap first??

A

"Never never never give up!"

#15898 Ettas

Ettas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:34 AM

Gaps do not always close  ;)

can someone a lot smarter than me enlighten me then how we rally when a heavyweight like Naspers is tanking today?

#15899 sequoia

sequoia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:33 AM

Anyone else noticed this: In order to offset the interest on 1 long position, one has to keep 4 short positions at the same time, with IG. Daylight robbery I'd say!

Yeah they charge you SABOR plus 250 bps on notional exposure (hence even if you have cash in your account, i,e you put ZAR 100,000.00 and buy notional exposure worth of R 200,000.00, you are technically only borrowing R 100,000.00 yet they charge you funding on the full amount). This is the main issue I have with them, not the interest rate they give you on shorts.

It means that long term CFD trading is extremely difficult to be profitable. I have done the calcs and as an example, with 5 times leverage and returning 20% per annum return* (*capital gains and dividends) you only receive 36.39% after tax. The other 63.61% of your "gain" (5*20%) is taken up by funding charges and then income tax as opposed to CGT. 

Figures may vary depending on income tax bracket that you fall into. 

#15900 K~~

K~~

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:32 AM

Gaps do not always close  ;)

Haha. Rule 2, right...  ;)

But this one will close, the question is when?

K

"The Stock Market is never obvious. It is designed to fool most of the people, most of the time." - Jesse Livermore.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting