#3 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:03 AM

175 in sight ... only going one way for now :(

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#4 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:59 AM

I have tangible NAV at R2.34 (included a bad debt provision as well). Big problem for me is that this share according to last accounts generates a negative cashflow from its operations- its not in business its bleeding cash.

At R1.50 I would be prepared to take a punt though. Good luck fellow gamblers!

I'm already taking a gamble with African Bank and Visual.. :unsure:

But I'll take a punt with this one as well at around R1.75-ish

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#5 Shortboy

Shortboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:16 AM

I have tangible NAV at R2.34 (included a bad debt provision as well). Big problem for me is that this share according to last accounts generates a negative cashflow from its operations- its not in business its bleeding cash.

At R1.50 I would be prepared to take a punt though. Good luck fellow gamblers!

IG SA40

#6 ThatBlackGuy

ThatBlackGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:03 AM

Tempted to take a bite.. ;)

I am with you here. I will need to asses the risk a bit more, but I feel this is getting to nice value now.

I need to be comfortable with the sustainable earnings of this business and see whether the current valuation is justified. The other lumpy blue-sky stuff will be a bonus.

Definitely worth doing some maths on!

Yes, I will take your money!  :ph34r:

#7 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:56 PM

Seems like we at sub 200. Now is it still worth buying...

NAV of 340cps (of which about 70% is tangible), PE currently under 10.

Tempted to take a bite.. ;)

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#8 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:40 PM

ELLIES HOLDINGS LIMITED
(Incorporated in the Republic of South Africa)
(Registration number: 2007/007084/06)
JSE share code: ELI ISIN: ZAE000103081
(“Ellies” or the “company” or the “group”)

TRADING STATEMENT

In terms of the Listings Requirements of the JSE Limited, companies are required to publish a trading
statement as soon as they are satisfied that a reasonable degree of certainty exists that the financial results
for the period to be reported upon next will differ by at least 20% from the previous corresponding period.

Shareholders are advised that Ellies expects that its earnings per share and headline earnings per share for
the year ended 30 April 2014 will be between 65% and 75% lower compared to the earnings per share and
headline earnings per share for the year ended 30 April 2013. Shareholders are reminded that the company’s
results for the year ended 30 April 2013 reflected The Eskom Project Power Save Program completed during
this period, which was not repeated in the year ended 30 April 2014, together with the necessary stock
disposals in later half of the year.

The group's results for the year ended 30 April 2014 are expected to be released on SENS on or about
22 July 2014.

The information on which this trading statement has been based has not been reviewed or reported on by the
company`s auditors.

2 July 2014

Will be buying at sub-200c  :blink:

Seems like we at sub 200. Now is it still worth buying...

NAV of 340cps (of which about 70% is tangible), PE currently under 10.

Edited by yusufm1, 08 August 2014 - 04:42 PM.

#9 hexadecimal

hexadecimal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:25 AM

According to Nicole Hopkins ELI is Ellerines! How can Sharenet allow ignorant fools to write articles it posts on its home page?

let her believe it

Edited by hexadecimal, 08 August 2014 - 11:29 AM.

'I only see, what I've learnt to see' -  ;) 

#10 Kemper

Kemper

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:57 AM

According to Nicole Hopkins ELI is Ellerines! How can Sharenet allow ignorant fools to write articles it posts on its home page?

#11 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:18 PM

Thanks Shortboy

Do you see it so low reason being I was thinking of putting some cash in at R2.

Thought that could be a psychological level nothing else to back up that number.

Plus I'll add was taking a 3yr view.

Cheers.

Anyone need a heads up...!

#12 Shortboy

Shortboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:02 PM

Also taking a severe beating of late. 

Down day after day lately.

Other than their latest results is there something else to consider.

What's their NAV..?

Tangible NAV R2.26 I will be buying at R1.50 if it gets there.

IG SA40

#13 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:59 PM

Also taking a severe beating of late. 

Down day after day lately.

Other than their latest results is there something else to consider.

What's their NAV..?

#14 shelddy

shelddy

• Pip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

Im already 50% down on ELI...I'm still tempted to just sell and cut my losses  :unsure:

#15 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:09 PM

The commentary  on the results makes for grim reading. I can't help feeling that there is a turnaround to be had at some point. We don't seem there yet. When the word default appears in an earnings report  (even when the statement is that there is no chance of default) it is a major cause for concern...

Not sure of your use of turnaround term...me thinks they just had a massive luck on the Eskom deal right place right time.....

Set top boxes well.... right company right product not sure when the timing will be right though....massive un-luck

Where to from here is what would interest me. Looking at some of their energy saving products on shelves are like WOW expensive R240 for a light bulb....!

Management have took a knock to their reputation, not that I have a big problem with directors selling per say but I have a big problem when they ring fence profit, sends out the wrong message.

On a personal note they still operate with a R100+mil overdraft.....WTF...just doesn't seem to be an issue to them.... :unsure: Gotta be MUCH cheaper funding options.

My 2c

#16 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:05 PM

The commentary  on the results makes for grim reading. I can't help feeling that there is a turnaround to be had at some point. We don't seem there yet. When the word default appears in an earnings report  (even when the statement is that there is no chance of default) it is a major cause for concern...

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#17 Procrastinator

Procrastinator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:50 AM

Std OST suspended cfd trades on Eli , no new shorts, pity.
Where did those damn 10 baggers go?

#18 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:34 AM

If you are holding shares in ELI ditch them ASAP!
SENS out today states headline earnings for the full year could to be up to 75% lower than the previous year.
Headline earnings in 2013 was 74c per share therefore 2014 headlines could be as low as 18c per share.
Interim ( 6 monthly ) 2014 headline earnings was 25c.
This leads me to the simple conclusion that for the last 6 months, Ellie's just managed to break even or ran at a small loss .
Doesn't look good at all.

Trading by emotion and/or expectation is a pocket emptying certainty.

#19 strydomk

strydomk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:07 PM

I watched that wayne sampson idiot on tv saying everything is fine and he cant understand why the share price is dropping. What a lying moron.

#20 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:59 PM

ELLIES HOLDINGS LIMITED
(Incorporated in the Republic of South Africa)
(Registration number: 2007/007084/06)
JSE share code: ELI ISIN: ZAE000103081
(“Ellies” or the “company” or the “group”)

TRADING STATEMENT

In terms of the Listings Requirements of the JSE Limited, companies are required to publish a trading
statement as soon as they are satisfied that a reasonable degree of certainty exists that the financial results
for the period to be reported upon next will differ by at least 20% from the previous corresponding period.

Shareholders are advised that Ellies expects that its earnings per share and headline earnings per share for
the year ended 30 April 2014 will be between 65% and 75% lower compared to the earnings per share and
headline earnings per share for the year ended 30 April 2013. Shareholders are reminded that the company’s
results for the year ended 30 April 2013 reflected The Eskom Project Power Save Program completed during
this period, which was not repeated in the year ended 30 April 2014, together with the necessary stock
disposals in later half of the year.

The group's results for the year ended 30 April 2014 are expected to be released on SENS on or about
22 July 2014.

The information on which this trading statement has been based has not been reviewed or reported on by the
company`s auditors.

2 July 2014

Will be buying at sub-200c  :blink:

Eish

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting