Posted 01 March 2019 - 08:59 PM

Add PlatinumWealth to this list.

:)

#2 patrickza

patrickza

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

I still don't see why the admin won't allow members to moderate. Every forum in the world does that, and it would mean less work and responsibility for the admin. Befuddles my mind.

#3 dalgetty

dalgetty

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationBy the SEA

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

NOT THE FORUM IT WAS. You dont see comments from the old brigade. Seems most of us are fed-up. In the past it was about markets not the load of junk we now have. Mad Mad Mad

#4 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

If they did actually read the forum, they should have removed this 1........ Cool
jaDEB

I got my heebie-jeebies in a hidden bag

Oasis

#5 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

soutie wrote on Wed, 03 April 2013 12:15
While the spam sometimes is excessive some days it's not everyday.
Agreed that it seems to appear that admin are lapse to previous requests to make a plan to eliminate it.
Today however when logging in the whole forum was dedicated to spam I left for a while and upon returning found it clean.
It appears that admin should/are taking this "new" threat to move a little more seriously.
So yes admin listen to the guys and gals that post as I'm sure you and your powerstocks friends gather information good or bad to help you in your main business's of selling products and courses.
I would like to add that offering something for free is sometimes a little disheartening at times like this so chin up old boy "keep calm and carry on" Cool

Didn't notice it till you said it Soutie, so perhaps they have listened to us! Very Happy
Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#6 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

vuilhond wrote on Wed, 03 April 2013 12:17
Why not just ignore the spam messages ,its not as if these messages are taking over the forum.I personally see nothing wrong with the service provided by sharechat.I agree that the spam messages and senders should be deleted,but to make a new forum because of this seems a bit hasty to me.

Or maybe the admin can make a few of the regular users moderators..? Problem solved and no need for a other forum!
Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#7 vuilhond

vuilhond

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

Why not just ignore the spam messages ,its not as if these messages are taking over the forum.I personally see nothing wrong with the service provided by sharechat.I agree that the spam messages and senders should be deleted,but to make a new forum because of this seems a bit hasty to me.

#8 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

While the spam sometimes is excessive some days it's not everyday.
Agreed that it seems to appear that admin are lapse to previous requests to make a plan to eliminate it.
Today however when logging in the whole forum was dedicated to spam I left for a while and upon returning found it clean.
It appears that admin should/are taking this "new" threat to move a little more seriously.
So yes admin listen to the guys and gals that post as I'm sure you and your powerstocks friends gather information good or bad to help you in your main business's of selling products and courses.
I would like to add that offering something for free is sometimes a little disheartening at times like this so chin up old boy "keep calm and carry on" Cool

Anyone need a heads up...!

#9 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

ajs wrote on Wed, 03 April 2013 11:43
gcr wrote on Wed, 03 April 2013 11:24
Some questions:-
Can the new forum take across all threads, and the share competition
If we clone these threads on the new forum - then this forum becomes defunct and there may be legal ramifications especially since the threads could be seen a the propriety of Sharechat
Moving should not be to punish sharechat and I believe we should give them the opportunity to put a time line on when they will exclude the spam - if they fail to meet the target date then we should move
I started looking at this site back in 2005 but only registered some years after this date so given that in the early days I would have been considered a lurker there are probably still some today and we would need to point them to the new site.
I also believe that if you register there should be more profile detail displayed - you can still post under a pseudenom but the profile should have more detail - be bold

Agree 100%

Fair point! Going to stay duel registered and if this site somehow manages to improve Patrick can close the other one, but if it still hasn't improved in the next 30 days..? (Give them a month perhaps?)

Personally I also don't really want to move but lately the spamming is just killing this site..

Come on admin, get with the program!

#10 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

gcr wrote on Wed, 03 April 2013 11:24
If we clone these threads on the new forum - then this forum becomes defunct and there may be legal ramifications especially since the threads could be seen a the propriety of Sharechat
Moving should not be to punish sharechat and I believe we should give them the opportunity to put a time line on when they will exclude the spam - if they fail to meet the target date then we should move
I started looking at this site back in 2005 but only registered some years after this date so given that in the early days I would have been considered a lurker there are probably still some today and we would need to point them to the new site.
I also believe that if you register there should be more profile detail displayed - you can still post under a pseudenom but the profile should have more detail - be bold

Agree 100%
"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#11 devan

devan

• PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

jaDEB wrote on Wed, 03 April 2013 11:07
Registered, and on. But must say, will only work if we all go there. We all share info to make / lose money, and if we are split, we will be the losers........

^^ this ... but have registered for now and will see how things go ... also, I am willing to help moderate if needed

#12 gcr

gcr

gcr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationRandparkridge

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

Not everything that counts can be counted, and, not everything that can be counted counts - Albert Einstein

#13 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:12 AM

Jip I agree, won't happen overnight but if everyone can go it'll be swell! Very Happy

#14 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

Registered, and on. But must say, will only work if we all go there. We all share info to make / lose money, and if we are split, we will be the losers........
jaDEB

I got my heebie-jeebies in a hidden bag

Oasis

#15 saint1

saint1

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • LocationPort Elizabeth

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

www.shareforum.co.za

#16 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

Hi guys,

PatrickZA was so kind to create a new forum as this one just got ridiculous with all the spam posts etc, would appreciate if everyone started migrating that way to continue what started on this forum..

Thanks!

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting