#21 TheConflict

TheConflict

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationJhb

Posted 02 August 2016 - 10:48 AM

Hi Guys

What is the rule of thumb one needs to apply when setting stop losses for CFD trades?

Say i went short AGLcfd this morning @ 156.42.

Where should my stop loss ideally be?

You win some you lose some...

#22 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:26 PM

So S s SO So S s s s #uck So D D D D D D DOES, Geez like it' IG now...!

Anyone need a heads up...!

#23 TheConflict

TheConflict

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationJhb

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:47 PM

It appears I have a stuttering problem.

#24 TheConflict

TheConflict

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationJhb

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:22 PM

SBK Online banking has shorts available on SHP

#25 TheConflict

TheConflict

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationJhb

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:21 PM

#26 TheConflict

TheConflict

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationJhb

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:21 PM

#27 TheConflict

TheConflict

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationJhb

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:16 PM

SBK Online Trading has shorts available on SHP.

#28 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 04:59 PM

No scrip available on IG to short Shoprite....Anyone on another platform able to short....?

Agreed against a very strong trend but......To be continued..... :rolleyes:

Good w/end to all

#29 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:57 PM

Hope you all enjoyed the day as much as I did.........But then again I is easily pleased........Money in the bank & a boner will do for me any day.

Good w/end to all.

Cheers.

Over & out.

#30 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:42 AM

Victory for the man in the street. Of which they are many who wish to self govern best of luck going forward.

Is this the catalyst for a European spring of sorts.

Deep in the green & aroused...... ;)

#31 sakkie6

sakkie6

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:54 AM

Have been reading lots about the upcoming Brexit vote & trying to figure out how to position myself so that I can hopefully profit somehow.

So the very strong rally in Europe today off the back of some polls claiming the remains have it, Hmmmm on most of the articles I've read there's a little snap poll at the end yes/no.....anyway the one in the Daily Telegraph (very well respected publication) giving equal coverage to both camps has leave at 72% from a 600k response, Daily Mirror (mostly tabloid journalism celeb/sport nonsense) very wide audience also showing leave well ahead, & so on.

Anyway I is leaning towards exit so I have a long on Harmony gold from just under R49 & a short on Old Mutual from just over R40 both taken this afternoon, I don't trade Forex but I think that's where shirts will be lost or not, on the domino effect of that staying away,as mentioned before somewhere,from the dual listed resource stocks. Financials will probably pull back regardless of the outcome due to their entwined nature within market structures. I'm currently long SBK on an unrelated reason but will close that tomorrow unless it gets above R125 comfortably.

I now have a puke bucket at hand due to the violent intraday swings with MTN,today being case in point, profitable but retaining my bodily fluids has become quite challenging :P

This week gonna be interesting wherever you positioned....!

What say the lurkers & beserkers.....?

My 2c

over & out.

If there is a Brexit, I hope this offer still stands....    http://www.sharechat...hares/?p=260536

The Brexit outcome lies squarely in the hands of the younger professional workforce.  If all of the sub 40 professionals go out and vote, there is no chance of a Brexit.  Everywhere here in Canary Wharf are posters for the remain campaign.  I have not seen any "leave" campaign advertising here at all.  My next door neighbour is however a 65 year old retiree, and proudly displays her "leave" poster.  

I have spoken to quite a few guys at the bank where I work and all of them see the Brexit camps as the old + labour intensive industry vs professionals.

The reason the Telegraph and Daily Mirror point towards exit, is because their target market is either the "more mature" (Telegraph) or non-professional (Daily Mirror).  It will be interesting what happens though.  The bookies still have the greater odds of remain though.

#32 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:26 PM

Have been reading lots about the upcoming Brexit vote & trying to figure out how to position myself so that I can hopefully profit somehow.

So the very strong rally in Europe today off the back of some polls claiming the remains have it, Hmmmm on most of the articles I've read there's a little snap poll at the end yes/no.....anyway the one in the Daily Telegraph (very well respected publication) giving equal coverage to both camps has leave at 72% from a 600k response, Daily Mirror (mostly tabloid journalism celeb/sport nonsense) very wide audience also showing leave well ahead, & so on.

Anyway I is leaning towards exit so I have a long on Harmony gold from just under R49 & a short on Old Mutual from just over R40 both taken this afternoon, I don't trade Forex but I think that's where shirts will be lost or not, on the domino effect of that staying away,as mentioned before somewhere,from the dual listed resource stocks. Financials will probably pull back regardless of the outcome due to their entwined nature within market structures. I'm currently long SBK on an unrelated reason but will close that tomorrow unless it gets above R125 comfortably.

I now have a puke bucket at hand due to the violent intraday swings with MTN,today being case in point, profitable but retaining my bodily fluids has become quite challenging :P

This week gonna be interesting wherever you positioned....!

What say the lurkers & beserkers.....?

My 2c

over & out.

#33 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:11 AM

Spec short Northam Plat based on news just out "violence on platinum belt" 2 guys murdered yesterday 1 AMCU...1 NUM

Sorry from R45 just so as peops know....winky winky face....Where've they gone...?

Edited by soutie, 06 June 2016 - 11:13 AM.

#34 Rulz3

Rulz3

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:35 PM

Bvt undbundled. New share Bidcorp.

Shareholders got 1 bidcorp share for each Bvt share held.

New share trading at R275 currently. Add bvt and I think you have very happy shareholders.

#35 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 30 May 2016 - 01:32 PM

Whats up with BVT today?

Down 68% :huh:

#36 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 08:19 AM

ECHO.......ECHO......ECHO....ECHO.....ECHO...ECHO.....ECHO...ECHO...echoechoechoechoecho

Been short for a while now some counters, pointless giving the prices as after the fact...!

Resources starting to look tired up here, avoiding the dual listed ones as London dictates, Brexit an all playing into it... maybe...?

Have to say MTN from R150 was free money, wonder if some traders have swopped to Vodacom with all that red spilling everywhere.....NASTY...

I see  this thread dying a slow painful demise.... Ah well was good while it lasted...Adios amigo's will look for insight & chatter on the waves out & about.

Cheers.

Soutie.

Account swelled by the most ever in one day thanks to KIO & ARI...... :D

#37 Bits

Bits

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:17 PM

Have always thought it became eerily silent when sentiment was negative.. Please don't go Soutie - not many of us have the insight to add value as you do!

#38 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:34 PM

ECHO.......ECHO......ECHO....ECHO.....ECHO...ECHO.....ECHO...ECHO...echoechoechoechoecho

Been short for a while now some counters, pointless giving the prices as after the fact...!

Resources starting to look tired up here, avoiding the dual listed ones as London dictates, Brexit an all playing into it... maybe...?

Have to say MTN from R150 was free money, wonder if some traders have swopped to Vodacom with all that red spilling everywhere.....NASTY...

I see  this thread dying a slow painful demise.... Ah well was good while it lasted...Adios amigo's will look for insight & chatter on the waves out & about.

Cheers.

Soutie.

#39 grr

grr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:12 PM

Oakbay Resources SENS today saying their last remaining banking partner in SA has handed them notice of termination & Standard Bank up 4% at one stage.
Wonder who the bank was...? Will it be in The New Age....?
Surely you're not allowed to operate without a local banking partner...What about SARS for 1 employee wages..? UIF, PAYE Ooooooh the list goes on....Where's Jacob when you need him...? 

If I were them I would open my own bank in SA to get around this hurdle. Surely it costs less to open a bank versus the knock on effects of being disqualified from closing business in SA.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#40 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:34 AM

Made good profits for the month, starting to give them back now as I can't get my head around this extended push upwards. Markets very strong ATM....But I just too nervous to long stocks on my watchlist.....Gonna sit out for now & watch.. ;)

Cheers.

P.S. What's everyone else doing...? 

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting