• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Trader1

Trader1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:32 PM

Liquidity in a share is a very positive sign, something that a lot of small caps struggle with

I agree, but once small caps start generating profit, liquidity does not become an issue. See MRI, posting 1st result of profits on Thursday. 
Share Price up 28% and growing off a low base of 7c

http://www.reuters.c...article/3112959

#2 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:23 PM

Liquidity in a share is a very positive sign, something that a lot of small caps struggle with

#3 LiveInExcess

LiveInExcess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:10 PM

The day to day volume traded in this share is pretty impressive too, considering its price.

#4 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:56 AM

You often find large trades pushing the price up during the end-of-day auction. Note it is not always one buyer but as I understand a number of trades in 1. Unfortunately it also occurs that the share price drops back the next day. However I see Zeder is holding above R7 and that is probably on the back of the very positive Pioneer results.

Watch this one as it may start getting expensive as it gets closer to the SOTP. Traditionally these type of shares trade at a discount to the SOTP. On the other hand there may be some pricing in of Pioneer's earnings in the forthcoming year. However have read a number of articles quoting Zeder as one of the performers of the year. 

#5 LiveInExcess

LiveInExcess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:36 PM

Large 14mil trade on small cap Zeder today, taken price up to 715. If you got in on the pullback around 545-560 mark, then this has been a great reversal and now riding on momentum. SOTP continues to rise.

#6 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:17 AM

Thanks for all the comments following the results. I have been invested in Zeder for some time now and can tell you all that this is a solid share but do not expect the price to move quickly, in fact this is one of the slowest movers and it can be frustrating if you are not in for the long term. Trading at 20% discount to NAV and 15% to SOTP, I am not sure if there is a benchmark for these type of shares as the value is dependent on other entities and how those entities are run. PSG and BCK are another 2 companies that will trade at a discount to the NAV so lets see later this month when both those companies announce their results.

A good comment about the risks involved in investing in agriculture as there are not only political factors to consider but also the weather. Investors are also being cautious about investing in Africa as the degree of uncertainty is probably greater than in SA.

My suggestion is that is a share for the long term investor that is prepared to accept the slow movement in price and low dividend yield but at the end of the day a solid well run company

#7 Procrastinator

Procrastinator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:04 PM

thanks. Zeder's SOTP NAV is 5.14. So the SP is trading close to a 20% discount. Im surprised that the shareprice has remained still on recent results.

I think the market may not be too keen on the nature of their business being more agriculture biased, many risk factors in agriculture.
This share definitely doesn't get the same premium as the other PSG stuff.
Where did those damn 10 baggers go?

#8 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:53 PM

thanks. Zeder's SOTP NAV is 5.14. So the SP is trading close to a 20% discount. Im surprised that the shareprice has remained still on recent results.

ABSA Capital has a big seller in the name...which explains the price action.

#9 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:44 PM

HendrikB, May miss understood, I was also baffled. Zader I believe is one of those shares one would look back and wish they bought. Be patient, pump up while is low I am definitely pumping up extra. I really like how they have restructured and now have more hands on approach to the investments and quite courageous on the opportunities.

#10 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

Sorry HendrikB, nothing to contribute to your question (I'm not currently 100% up to date on what's happening at the company)

Just wanted to point everyone to a new article on Moneyweb about Zeder published yesterday: http://www.moneyweb....dates-portfolio

#11 vlam

vlam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:07 AM

Why is Zeder not moving?

Sorry HendrikB, nothing to contribute to your question (I'm not currently 100% up to date on what's happening at the company)

Just wanted to point everyone to a new article on Moneyweb about Zeder published yesterday: http://www.moneyweb....dates-portfolio

#12 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:20 AM

Why is Zeder not moving?

#13 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

Zeder has been traditionally a sloooooow mover so this rise in share price of late is uncharacteristic. I hope it continues and that institutions back the share  as i still view this as an excellent long term prospect and was one of share picks for the year to outperform the market. 

#14 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

I think we could see Zeder at R4 before year end if the latest acquisitions start to pay off. That is an 11% increase on the current share price.

Obviously, big insurance companies listen to your every word... :)

Edited by MrDividend, 25 April 2013 - 11:19 AM.

#15 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

this is great. better than sex. hopefully the herd will come now and really ramp up the SP. If Zeder gets pumped up like Curro I won't be afraid to sell.

#16 Krypt0n1te

Krypt0n1te

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationStellenbosch

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

I think we could see Zeder at R4 before year end if the latest acquisitions start to pay off. That is an 11% increase on the current share price.

I think you should make more predictions! ;)

#17 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

Ok so I was right that Zeder would hit R4 before year end but I could not imagine it would achieve this so soon! Now we see if it can hold this or whether it will retract back. Joshua, I hope you are still in on this one. 

#18 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

#19 dalgetty

dalgetty

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationBy the SEA

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

ZEDER You are my saving grace! :P JOSHUA

Edited by dalgetty, 22 April 2013 - 06:21 PM.

#20 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

zeder just announced aquisition of capespan.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting