Good Morning Coronation!

#862 orca

orca

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

No Delta. I never had b*lls to take risks on my pension money. I just discovered CML after 3 years of research as a noobie. This was after I lost 45% in 2009. I just had to make the money back and was hell bent on doing just that. CML was a no brainer and could find nothing else to beat it as the past history was good and the future fundamentals were in place to keep it good going forward.

I see it has just bounce off the 20 SMA again as it always does. Gone up too high again.

My brokerage Co got a SL last week on it and they went short again now to 4520. Don't they ever learn?

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#863 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

since last year i've slowly been increasing my weighting in CML currently at 30% of my portfolio/capital.  if i had gone "all in" at 2700 would of retired(in a loose sense) very comfortably..<sigh>guess we all have stories like that though

kudo's to you(orca) having the b*lls to commit large amounts into a single stock strategy.

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#864 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

Ja Vader. Big blue is CML. Do I win? Pity I did not use my actual portfolio as I don't have BAT. I normally do but..... I have known you as Vader so as jaDEB says, change it back please.

Edited by Orca, 15 April 2013 - 07:00 PM.

#865 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• 2,951 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

How do I report SPAM again..... hey nick B..u Vader..hello....please change it so it shows vader not Nick B.

jaDEB

I got my heebie-jeebies in a hidden bag

Oasis

#866 Nick B

Nick B

Vader

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

Had a look at the leaderboard for April - still laughing.

Interesting to see which share has performed the best!

Anyone want to guess? anyone? anyone? :huh:

#867 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

Does today not show that CML never reacts to markets tanking on the short term? Having most of my pension money in CML, I would have sold a year ago but have learned my lesson. A slight correction is due but not market related. Just back down to the 20 SMA.

#868 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

CML has R375B under management. BAT has a fraction of that. Both have the same Market Capitalization though.

#869 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

Not to start a fight here with anyone etc, but could someone really explain to me why CML is currently trading at +-R50 and is trading at a almost similar market cap to Brait SE which we know have great assets in their pocket.. just wondering what I'm missing! :)

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#870 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

I have 3 probs with Gold stocks and ETF's.

Strikes, stoppages due to accidents and power outages.

The exchange rate ZAR/USD.

Now the most important one. GP gets confussed as to whether it is an Equity or a Safe Haven at times.

These are the reasons I stay away from gold. Most definitely not for investing.

I agree with jaDEB on only one thing. I also need the spillcheker back.

Edited by Orca, 14 April 2013 - 06:07 PM.

#871 Moonraker

Moonraker

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationGeorge

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

Possible explanations regarding gold price declines.

Gold price manipulation – the never ending game?

So why isn’t gold at US$4,000 an ounce?

I must say I am getting rather skittish regarding equities worldwide, as there are indications that the FED may start scaling back their bond purchases, meaning less liquidity and the threat of rising interest rates.
If done ever so gradually, market declines may be contained, say 10% to 20% down from here. If not, we will experience the biggest crash ever.

Fed may scale back

So, JaDEB may have the last laugh one day (but only applicable to gold stocks and physical gold). Stimulation can't continue forever and ever, the BOJ move only adds to the problem, sort of priming the markets to crash.

What to do ?

#872 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

Thanks, hope so too, now back to Black ops 2 online, guildwars 2 online and Rugby... but i believe the best way to learn is losing ... lol, maybe it will make me feel better saying that.

jaDEB. Not dissing your stocks but tell me why you are hell bent on loosing your money on gold and plat? I sent you that chart showing 0% gains since 2009. Am I missing something here? Why don't you go for growth stocks instead of short term trading stocks in your long term portfolios? Grow your investments. Geez. Now I sound like a father.

#873 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

Hay Orca, your turn is coming on Monday  :D

They did not want to spoil your weekend.Enjoy it while you can!  :P

A pullback is on the cards. If it does so rapidly then it will go to 4920 or overshoot the SMA to 4880 before recovering. If not, it will flatline with a slight drop for some time to wait for the SMA to rise up and get closer to it. Might take 20 days though.

#874 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

However i do wish you the very best in trading or investing and hope you recover your losses in gold monday. I do enjoy reading your posts, please don't stop. Very few of us would admit our losses like you do and I definately am learning from them, thanku jaDEB!

i'll second that, hope there's a recovery for you jaDEB.  i've been on a losing streak with commodities since last year eventually forcing me to walk with default loss on AMS(a BIG default loss..lol)so can empathise with your frustration.

Best of luck and thank you for sharing with us

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#875 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

Bought CML mid 2010 at 1425 as my only stock. Sold stupidly a few times after bad news and market sentiment before I realised that it hardly ever reacts to news. Bought back in at higher prices every time.

#876 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• 2,951 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

Thanks, hope so too, now back to Black ops 2 online, guildwars 2 online and Rugby... but i believe the best way to learn is losing ... lol, maybe it will make me feel better saying that.

jaDEB

Oasis

#877 Griffin

Griffin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

My 1 portfolio is 100% CML from R42...

This is how my weeks been, gold down 6%, my SGL down 15%, port i am running for some1, DRD down 15%. I have been reported for smoking in office, after hours and now the sharechat okes is picking on me. (once again I is just joking)

I was joking with Orca in the thread u referring to.

I just hope gold recovers on Sunday night when asian markets open, otherwise I am looking for Bread's bridge.

Pity you never cross referenced the fundermentals  between SGL & CML. Orca does seem like a CML expert so I would've interrogated hime more about them. However i do wish you the very best in trading or investing and hope you recover your losses in gold monday. I do enjoy reading your posts, please don't stop. My sincere apologies if you feel i'm picking on you. Very few of us would admit our losses like you do and I definately am learning from them, thanku jaDEB!

#878 jaDEB

jaDEB

jaDEB

• 2,951 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

My 1 portfolio is 100% CML from R42...

This is how my weeks been, gold down 6%, my SGL down 15%, port i am running for some1, DRD down 15%. I have been reported for smoking in office, after hours and now the sharechat okes is picking on me. (once again I is just joking)

I was joking with Orca in the thread u referring to.

I just hope gold recovers on Sunday night when asian markets open, otherwise I am looking for Bread's bridge.

If only jadeb had taken your advice more seriously. You dead on about CML. Good job. How long have you been holding CML?

jaDEB

Oasis

#879 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

What on earth makes you say that? CML has never followed the market. Perhaps only during the crash but it had to follow.

I have been watching CML like a hawk for some years and it NEVER follows the trend. Look at today as one single instance. Markets tanked but CML did not notice this as always.

If you had read my old thread on CML you would have realized this. There is asolutely no other stock as resiliant as this on the JSE. If you can find one, please share. I cannot find any other.

Hay Orca, your turn is coming on Monday  :D

They did not want to spoil your weekend.Enjoy it while you can!  :P

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#880 Griffin

Griffin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

Common stocks. 70% of my pension money and I intend to re-retire this year. I have a SAFEX account that has been dormant for some months so I will try SSF's with CML for extra bucks and "entertainment".

If only jadeb had taken your advice more seriously. You dead on about CML. Good job. How long have you been holding CML?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting