The CML thread has gone but at least we have a new one now.
Thinking deeply over a cold one now, a correction would be good and I will actually welcome one for the following reasons:
The PE of 21 is too high for me long term and the increase in AUM gives a FPE of 18. Still too high for long term sustainability. Over the years it stayed in the 12 to 14 area and gave good steady gains of around 65% pa divies not reinvested.
Thumbsuck I would say add 10% to that old figure after the AUM increase. So I will be happy with 75% pa to make it more sustainable over time. It is now around 82%, so a 7% correction will not hurt us at all if we had it for a year or so.
I will not sell as I don't want a Tax Event.
Ride it out till end May for results then decide.
Thank you Orca.
I've been holding a considerable amount in CFD's, but bailed out yesterday and lost quite a bit of money. In hindsight and with clearer thinking, I should actually just have halved my holding, though. For me it (Coronation shares) is/was a long term investment, but I'm still learning how scary gearing can really be. Now I want to get back in again, as I still believe it's the best (and most solid) share (company) out there and CFD's the cheapest way to invest. So I've decided to wait for CML to either break 5000 or wait for another significant dip (the one you're talking about); to +-4500. (I also still like their ad!) What do you guys reckon?
Edited by BBW, 10 April 2013 - 02:49 PM.
Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua