Tencent 269.70 -7.10 -2.57%

#302 Ninja

Ninja

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

Not at all Plasma, in my opinion we are in the caution zone... we could easily reach that resistance line and who knows maybe even nudge slightly higher for a short while if at all. So the charts are really not for day traders or intra week traders. Rather a reminder to us of the bigger picture, and caution around expectations on new money going long at this late stage!! Don't be blind and fool ourselves by the bullish NOISE... rather remind ourselves where the EXIT is and be ready to get out the door in time. 

#303 Plasma

Plasma

Silfen Path Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • LocationSilvergalde

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

Some interesting charts attached

Do you see any technical reason that will prevent us from testing the resistance line and thus creating a triple top, Ninja?

The first goal is to ensure survival – avoid the risks that can empty your account and put you out of the trading business.  :)

#304 Ninja

Ninja

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

now chart of Tencent in Hong Kong... the golden child of Naspers 

and a chart of Naspers

Attached Files

Edited by Ninja, 12 May 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#305 Ninja

Ninja

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

Some interesting charts attached

Attached Files

#306 farouk

farouk

The Oracle

• 2,725 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

Sorry guys i am having a problem downloading.

i am going to try again.

#307 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

Gold Bugs

This evening @ about 7.30pm i will post 2 charts on why my charts show

Gold falling to +-$500/$700.

The first chart i will post @ about 7.30 pm and this chart will be deleted

within 10 min.

The second chart will then be posted and will also be deleted within 10 min.

If you @ your screen then its your lucky day.Copy and save it so that you can study it later.

Note the chart is only for the lucky few.

I noticed you disappeared for a while Farouk but whats all this about now? you are going to post a chart and delete it in 10min? For the lucky few? Really??

:blink:

Sharechat is getting stranger by the day...

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#308 farouk

farouk

The Oracle

• 2,725 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

Gold Bugs

This evening @ about 7.30pm i will post 2 charts on why my charts show

Gold falling to +-$500/$700.

The first chart i will post @ about 7.30 pm and this chart will be deleted

within 10 min.

The second chart will then be posted and will also be deleted within 10 min.

If you @ your screen then its your lucky day.Copy and save it so that you can study it later.

Note the chart is only for the lucky few.

#309 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

Charts of Gold

attachicon.gifgold.PNG

Gold is in free fall.The oscillators are just rewindind for a greater fall.

Keep an eye on the breached line for resistance.I have a target of $500/$700 in the next 2 years.

Orca

I was busy on a religious forum trying to convince atheist that they did not evolve from Apes.

Believe me its not an easy task because these monkeys are just thick upstairs.

Quite right mate, apes clearly evolved from humans

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#310 pjr@

pjr@

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

Greetings Farouk and fellow time travellers,

You inspire me to contribute my free and unencumbered thoughts – ...

Most TA appears wonky since QE commenced. Even long term theories such as Kondratiev’s are being slowly rendered overly suspect. With increase of QE by both numbers of players and injected quantum the related target indices are appearing as effectively under martial law (i.e. not at all free). And that snippet is all there is to go by. I see a long progression of tears, trillions of them, but meanwhile there is only the coordinated central control intentions to consider. We may choose to console ourselves for this aberration of basic principles (e.g. laws), remember the motto – it is all for the greater good. Things would have been worse without the aberration, and remember – things can only get worse unless we succeed with this grand corruption slayer. It takes corruption to beat corruption – and that is the officially adopted line. The debt monster grew for decades; it will not be de-levered (slain) overnight.

Against this backdrop all competitors to the desired effect of QE are being eliminated from the playground by the most powerful and extensive force ever designed in all of human history.  Our masters have stated their case and advised us of their intent. There is no longer any turning back. Right or wrong it must now continue. It is do or die for the relatively powerless sector of humanity. That would appear to be about 99,9% of us and increasing.

And so it has already come to pass that the indices will continue to defy TA whilst all competitors for money flow will, at the very least, fail to flourish.

It remains to be seen if Dr Who will materialise and save the world, because I really don’t think our masters have a hope of succeeding. Oh me of little faith.

May your faith be with you to guide and console, be it freely adopted or regardless mayhap not.

Excessive wisdom is foolishness.

#311 farouk

farouk

The Oracle

• 2,725 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

JJ Ben and Argento

Tks for your reply.

Ben with all the demand for Gold and the price falls to $1325.That should tell you quite clearly

that Gold price is not based on demand.Gold price is based on other factors like the USDollar.

The stronger the Dollar the weaker the prices of metals,commodities etc because simply price

is based on Dollar terms.Ben the charts are quite clear Gold is in a major retracement and the

downside is where price is heading.Note even if you don't trade Gold you still have to know

where it is heading to understand the bigger picture in the markets.Our market is commodity

based and as such we will get klapped.

Argento

According to the Kress cycle the markets should already start its downtrend anytime now.

The markets should reach the bottom by late 2014.

Come on guys anyone's opinion on the Gold going down to $500/$700 will be appreciated.

#312 Argento

Argento

The Artist

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

If you look at the charts as you mentioned she made an island top, broke down through the uptrend line and went and retest it, and coming down now, so together with the Kress cycle next year that is gonna hit stocks hard it is very possible indeed!

A

One more time or am i talking to a brick wall?

Do all agree that Gold will go down to $500/$700?

OR

Are you not sure?

"Never never never give up!"

#313 JJBen

JJBen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

OR

Are you not sure?

If you want a reply, here is one:

I don't think the price will fall below $700 in the next 2 years (your timeline).

Reason: Scrap metal levels are well established above your 500/700 range. You can argue the QE/Commodity cycle/technical angle but not supply/demand basics.

Also: http://www.bloomberg...price-drop.html

Adjust for inflation and you will have to get to the Gordon Brown days ($253 ish) to reach your targets. The Chinese and Japanese will fall over themselves to get bullion at $500/oz. 

Only my opinion. I don't trade gold or gold shares. They stink.

#314 farouk

farouk

The Oracle

• 2,725 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

Orca

If Gold get up to $1700 then no doubt it will reach $3000 within 2 years.

But my call is $500/$700 within 2 years.

My opinion is based on charts that are telling me Gold going down.

It will get back to $1700 this year.

#315 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

It will get back to $1700 this year.

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#316 farouk

farouk

The Oracle

• 2,725 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

OR

Are you not sure?

#317 farouk

farouk

The Oracle

• 2,725 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:17 AM

Charts of Gold

attachicon.gifgold.PNG

Gold is in free fall.The oscillators are just rewindind for a greater fall.

Keep an eye on the breached line for resistance.I have a target of $500/$700 in the next 2 years.

I have made a call Gold @$500 to$700 in the next 2 years.

Are there any member on this forum that doubt my call?

#318 farouk

farouk

The Oracle

• 2,725 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:08 AM

Chart of Dr Copper

Attached File  dr copper weekly.PNG   65.14KB   54 downloads

This is a weekly chart and a very important chart indeed.

If she breaks out of that triangle on the downside then prepare for a jolly ride.

The oscillators are oversold so expect a bounce.

Its my opinion that if the triangle cracks then we will head for that next major correction.

#319 farouk

farouk

The Oracle

• 2,725 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

Thank you for the great charts and insights Farouk.

Quick question. If the FTSE and JSE are looking bullish and the S&P500 not so great then are we possibly seeing the early stages of a recovery in resources. My logic is that a recovery in resources will be bullish for the FTSE and JSE but will have a much smaller impact on the S&P500 or Dow.

Thank you in advance for your advice. 

Ramo

Note i have put up a Eur/Usd chart and if that chart plays accordingly then Dollar strength will lead to weaker resource prices.

Also keep in mind if S&P goes in a correction then we going futher down as well.Another chart to follow for resources is the Shanghai Index.

Will post that chart in the next few days.

#320 Ramo

Ramo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

Thank you for the great charts and insights Farouk.

Quick question. If the FTSE and JSE are looking bullish and the S&P500 not so great then are we possibly seeing the early stages of a recovery in resources. My logic is that a recovery in resources will be bullish for the FTSE and JSE but will have a much smaller impact on the S&P500 or Dow.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Chart of S&P
attachicon.gifsp.PNG
This is the big pic.
The index is reaching highs of 2000 and 2007 and finding a bit of resistance here.
Even if the market breaks this highs,one needs to be very careful so far as bullish
emotions are concerned.
The MACD histograms(yellow) at the bottom of the chart is confirming a very dangerous
set up.The turq lines shows divergences in 2004/2007 which resulted in a major correction.
From 2010/2013 we see the exact same set up so be very careful with emotional longs.
Whenever that 200dma breaks make sure to take decisive action or be prepared to pay an emotional price.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting