• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 vlam

vlam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:16 PM

Maybe due to Turkey's alleged buying of oil from ISIS?

(phrasing as a question as its not something I follow closely)

#2 Hooligan

Hooligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:04 PM

And still losing money here - really I don't get this one.

Financials look healthy, and should post a decent improvement in results for H2.

Acquisition costs for Mutlu is a thing of the past and labor issues not too bad this year.

Strategy is playing out fairly well - although a bit slow.  Perhaps the recent acquisition will help a bit with distribution lines in UK and Euro zone.  Who knows right - its not like we can expect Theo Loock to at least give us an update on whats going on, just a little Business Day article saying "yeah guys, plan is going well, we are upbeat etc"

Nah, the guy has less personality than a piece of white dog ****.

Is it too much to ask for a CEO to be a salesman of his own stock?

PE of 8 seems like a cool deal?  Guess not - meh I'm over this one.

Hope Theo's wife gains 30kg over this festive season.

#3 BERT

BERT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:12 PM

They responded with this. The attachment was a press report on Bloomberg that stated exactly as the link you provided.

With reference to your below correspondence with Metair requesting further information about the Dynamic acquisition.

Please see the attached press release which provides some detail around the transaction.

You are correct. Whilst it is important in terms of the broader strategy, no SENS was warranted due to the transaction being too small.

We will add you to the distribution list for future announcements and invitations to results presentations.

Thanks for your input Orca.
I suppose the deal is to small then to have a major impact on the share price then.

#4 orca

orca

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:39 PM

They responded with this. The attachment was a press report on Bloomberg that stated exactly as the link you provided.

With reference to your below correspondence with Metair requesting further information about the Dynamic acquisition.

Please see the attached press release which provides some detail around the transaction.

You are correct. Whilst it is important in terms of the broader strategy, no SENS was warranted due to the transaction being too small.

We will add you to the distribution list for future announcements and invitations to results presentations.

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#5 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:27 PM

Not even MTA's website has a mention on this but I did send them an email about it and will copy and paste the response asap. 

#6 BERT

BERT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:27 PM

The plot thickens. Dynamic Batteries is a redistributor of South African manufactured batteries made by Metair's competitor, Altron. Altron is a listed company on the JSE and made a R60m loss in the last report.
Either the report is wrong and Altron bought DBS and not Metair. If Metair did buy it, then we can wave Altron goodbye unless Metair has eyes on Altron as an acquisition in the near future.

Thanks Orca, very interesting.
Metair nor Altron did put out a sens, is anybody able to look for a sens of DBS?

#7 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:18 PM

On further research, I found that Altron is not a competitor of MTA as batteries are but a small component of Altron's business. So ignore my acquisition theory there.

Something remains fishy here but either way, Altron does seem to be in dire straits with the sale of Altech Autopage and now the loss of her UK battery reseller to MTA.

Edited by orca, 25 November 2015 - 01:23 PM.

#8 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:53 PM

MTA bought a UK-based Dynamic Batteries Services Limited for R31 million in cash.

www.autoforum.co.za/View-News-Article.aspx?News=10602

Should MTA not release a sens about this, or is it to small to mention?

The plot thickens. Dynamic Batteries is a redistributor of South African manufactured batteries made by Metair's competitor, Altron. Altron is a listed company on the JSE and made a R60m loss in the last report.

Either the report is wrong and Altron bought DBS and not Metair. If Metair did buy it, then we can wave Altron goodbye unless Metair has eyes on Altron as an acquisition in the near future.  

Edited by orca, 25 November 2015 - 12:54 PM.

#9 BERT

BERT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:52 AM

MTA bought a UK-based Dynamic Batteries Services Limited for R31 million in cash.

www.autoforum.co.za/View-News-Article.aspx?News=10602

Should MTA not release a sens about this, or is it to small to mention?

#10 Hooligan

Hooligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:36 AM

Trading statement issued in Nov expects HEPS to be at least 20% less due to motor strike and Mutlu acquisition costs.

Waiting for a small pull back as well to top up.

+1

Both credit cards are on hold to top this one up towards the end of the month.

Hoping for a pullback to at least R40.

#11 shelddy

shelddy

• Pip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:21 AM

I have been looking at MTA for the past couple of months, I am considering to buy at around 4000-4100

Results around the corner - 28 March. Though I am not to sure what to expect, I assume earning is going to be relatively flat. Now the question: How will the market respond? Even with flat earnings and at the price where I am willing to get enter, still above historic PE. I guess one can adjust the historical PE - Great long term prospects.

Nice trading opportunity though.

Would be interesting to here what you guys expect? 

Trading statement issued in Nov expects HEPS to be at least 20% less due to motor strike and Mutlu acquisition costs.

Waiting for a small pull back as well to top up.

#12 Stefan

Stefan

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

I have been looking at MTA for the past couple of months, I am considering to buy at around 4000-4100

Results around the corner - 28 March. Though I am not to sure what to expect, I assume earning is going to be relatively flat. Now the question: How will the market respond? Even with flat earnings and at the price where I am willing to get enter, still above historic PE. I guess one can adjust the historical PE - Great long term prospects.

Nice trading opportunity though.

Would be interesting to here what you guys expect? 

#13 Bushwakka

Bushwakka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:42 AM

Interesting article with relevance to Metair strategy........

http://www.moneyweb....p-massmarket-ca

#14 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:23 AM

Orca, do you still hold MTA?

Yes gamma. Bought nearly 2 years ago. 

#15 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:35 AM

Cautionary out at 17.05.

Negotiating a foreign acquisition. I was hoping this would happen after their mediocre results.

Orca, do you still hold MTA?

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#16 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:36 PM

Cautionary out at 17.05.

Negotiating a foreign acquisition. I was hoping this would happen after their mediocre results.

#17 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

exited @3427, might regret it but other opportunities beckon

just to clarify..reduced my holding to 50%

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#18 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

Do you think 32.70 is a good entry point for medium term?

looked at them today from a trade perspective ..considered buying at 3210.  holding MTA in my LT portfolio, they've released a somewhat flat trading statement so probably going to move sideways until we see more positive news...perhaps buy a little around these prices, if there's more pullback you can add bringing your average cost down

for what it's worth..i'm in already and will "hold"

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#19 carlosthejackal

carlosthejackal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

Do you think 32.70 is a good entry point for medium term?

#20 franz

franz

• PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:52 AM

No Franz. H&S don't work like that. As long as there is a Higher Head it works. Google it and you will see what I mean. Drawing lines that go up does not mean the stock is to go up. That line up or down if gets broken through downwards will carry on down.

It was the thin volumes yesterday that negated this move. Thin volumes can make a stock go big time either way and it went against the indicator.Today we had large volumes for some reason that I can only speculate on but it worked and drove it up.

We should see more gains in the coming days due to the fact that it is behind the trend for it's sector. Hold onto it and you will get your rewards. I am now glad that I did not sell.

Thanks orca, as i said been holding for about 21/2 years now and no intention of selling. Aa i recall you wanted to sell the other day, glad you did't think there is a lot of upside to come. good fundamentals and europa surely will start to get there act together.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting