gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

I stand by my statement above. 

Look at it's chart.

If you're a trader, now's the time to jump aboard for a quick 20% move up to R40. If you're and investor looking to get in this is a good entry

Well...this one cetainly hasn't worked out...

Back to where I entered..

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#42 Haykea

Haykea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

Bought 750 units of MTA early this morning, and 850 units of GND so will watch it on a more long term. Thanks for the heads up on MTA.

#43 orca

orca

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

I have my own method for picking stocks and have been very successful over the years but unfortunately GND does not do it for me. Too volatile for my apatite.

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#44 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

I don't know GND too well so won't comment on it now but will check it out. MTA up 3.6% today. Went up yesterday and should go up tomorrow too. One of my favourite stocks. You cannot go wrong with this one but it does work on one's nerves when it goes to sleep for a while but it always wakes up and shoots the lights out for some time then falls asleep again. A long term winner for sure.

#45 Haykea

Haykea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

MTA has taken a turn for the better , so too is GND [Grinrod] setting up nicely. Looks like we might get double action.

Your views please

Thanks

#46 delta66

delta66

"Veni, vidi, vici"

• 3,918 posts
  • Location37.2350° N, 115.8111° W

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

Look at it's chart.

If you're a trader, now's the time to jump aboard for a quick 20% move up to R40. If you're and investor looking to get in this is a good entry

agreed, R40 is a realistic target short term be it trade or just a pure equity play

“melior diabolus quem scies”

#47 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

Look at it's chart.

Good going gamma. Lets see where it goes. Hopefully in my favour.

#48 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

Actually looks like a pretty good trade after this pullback. Today was the biggest up volume day in ~6 months. 

Look at it's chart.

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#49 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

I has woken up from it's slumber. At last.

#50 brads

brads

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

Another 100k units on sell order at R33.50...???

#51 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:03 PM

From my perpespective it may rally but it may also go down. The SMA(20) had now crossed the EMA (50) which is not a good thing. Also it broke through support on 17th April and 23 April  . This is similiar to what ELI did a few weeks  back (the sma crossing the ema) , but ELI is now making a comeback.  Here is an attached screen shot....

MTA is not liquid enough to be traded. It is by far not a trading stock so I doubt that there are any traders watching this MA crossing and react to it.

Investors would rather react to the 50 and 200 SMA crossing than the 20 and 50.

#52 Mad Max

Mad Max

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

From my perpespective it may rally but it may also go down. The SMA(20) had now crossed the EMA (50) which is not a good thing. Also it broke through support on 17th April and 23 April  . This is similiar to what ELI did a few weeks  back (the sma crossing the ema) , but ELI is now making a comeback.  Here is an attached screen shot....

Sorry ignore the ELI thing.. I was so sure they crossed a few weeks ago . ANyway I checked today and they seemed to have crossed but ELi has broken through support and now reaching for resistance ... which is a good thing !

#53 Mad Max

Mad Max

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

#54 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

Actually looks like a pretty good trade after this pullback. Today was the biggest up volume day in ~6 months. 

#55 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

I have checked the charts with different SMA's and it looks like it must start moving up again. Volumes are thin ATM and I think that this is keeping it down. If I look back at it's performance I see that it goes up in spurts. Lies low for some time then shouts "Here I come" and makes big gains for 2 to 3 months.

#56 brads

brads

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

I'm convinced someone is selling shedloads of MTA past weeks (besides the directors). Big volume today, all buying up the sell orders but mostly at R33.50. I still can't understand why it hasn't recovered A LOT in recent days...?

#57 brads

brads

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

If there isn't a decent bump up in price tomorrow, I will start to worry...

#58 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

New car sales up by 19.5% year on year. Hopefully MTA will respond.

#59 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

Agree with Orca,

Senior execs are compensated in part with a large chunk of stock options which they usually sell then give to CML to diversify ;-p

gamma is correct. They all sell to buy CML. The best performing stock on the JSE for long time for sure. I think it is me hyping it up over the years and now I should be paid a bonus as well don't you think?

#60 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

Copied and pasted. OE is Original Equipment.

While the OE business remains core to the group’s strategy, we are focussed on growing the aftermarket and non-automotive areas of the business to diversify our earnings base. Our non-automotive business sells products mostly related to telecommunications, utility, mining, retail and materials / products handling sectors.

The total vehicle parc in South Africa has continued to grow strongly as a result of the high new-vehicle sales experienced in 2006, 2007 and 2008. This has resulted in an increase in aftermarket sector sales of annuity products, most notably batteries, but also products such as brakes, filters, spark plugs, and heat-exchange-product spares.

The aftermarket performance is supported by our non-automotive market product penetration with lighting and battery products.

Exports consist mainly of aftermarket and OE product exported to Europe.

Agree with Orca,

Senior execs are compensated in part with a large chunk of stock options which they usually sell then give to CML to diversify ;-p

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting