64 replies to this topic

#61 orca

orca

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

Copied and pasted. OE is Original Equipment.

While the OE business remains core to the group’s strategy, we are focussed on growing the aftermarket and non-automotive areas of the business to diversify our earnings base. Our non-automotive business sells products mostly related to telecommunications, utility, mining, retail and materials / products handling sectors.

The total vehicle parc in South Africa has continued to grow strongly as a result of the high new-vehicle sales experienced in 2006, 2007 and 2008. This has resulted in an increase in aftermarket sector sales of annuity products, most notably batteries, but also products such as brakes, filters, spark plugs, and heat-exchange-product spares.

The aftermarket performance is supported by our non-automotive market product penetration with lighting and battery products.

Exports consist mainly of aftermarket and OE product exported to Europe.

Edited by Orca, 30 April 2013 - 06:41 PM.

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#62 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

Don't quite agree Soutie. I have not yet seen that selling off of shares by management is due to insight of future performance. CEO's and management normally don't buy shares in the company they work for. If they want to buy shares, they will buy shares that they like and will diversify as we do.

Many companies pay senior management in shares for performance and bonuses at year end from Dec to end Feb. So Jan to March a lot of selling takes place by them in most companies. They buy luxuries in cash like that new 4 by 4, beach cottage and yearly holidays in the Maldives.

Also, I don't get what you mean when you say MTA has no dealings in the cheaper car segment. They don't deal in any single segment. They sell motor parts for all cars. I will check out their website again to see if you are correct and post back.

#63 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

Biggest sellers of late are the owners, directors, managers etc....

Infact anyone associated with seniority has sold 000's on the market.

At first I took it as improving the liquidity of the stock but the flip side seems to be a lack of confidence by management.

Agreed results were better than average given the sector they operate in.

Recent articles are pointing towards lower priced entry level R100- R130,000 vehicles are best selling segment ATM.

Doesn't appear MTA has any dealings within that segment possible explanation...?

My 2c 

Anyone need a heads up...!

#64 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

MTA is a great stock but unfortunately it has not been doing well lately and I can't see why. Exchange rate is good for exports. We all need car spares in any economic climate. The roll out of their more efficient street light reflectors has commenced. Their stop/start green batteries would be in demand worldwide especially by fleet owners. HEPS up by 19%.
Perhaps the slow down in new car manufacturing has hit them.
My finger has hovered over the self button a few times today but I have only had it for a year so SARS will add all the gains to my income and this stops me pulling the trigger.

Edited by Orca, 30 April 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#65 brads

brads

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

Hey ORCA

Do you (or anyone else for that matter) know what the hell is going on with MTA? I've been holding on thinking it will shoot back up anytime now but it keeps sliding? 

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting