• 589 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:42 PM

Cash - 100% Sold Capitec at 91050.

#42 Guest_PlatinumWealth.co.za_*

Guest_PlatinumWealth.co.za_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:45 AM

Ol' Mr. Rogers reckons there's between 800 and 2000 crypto currencies and they're all in a bubble.

they've been in a bubble since 2008  :D  

Hodl is life.

#43 Bread

Bread

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:47 AM

Wow. I think this is absolutely fascinating. Firstly, because I've always wondered how most people will voluntarily accept the chip and I reckon this is a viable alternative view to that and secondly, I wonder if this is what Jim Rogers was talking about when he mentioned how the next stock market crash is going to start. Or what the people in this interview call a reset. And thirdly, I wonder WHEN it's going to start. It could still be this year but perhaps more like about May/June next year. But just in case it's this year I'm going to sell all my holdings by latest end September. Although, of course, I don't think we will quite have to go as extreme as bartering. I reckon the stock market will ALWAYS be there. And who knows? Perhaps the dollar will become the dollar bitcoin.

#44 Bread

Bread

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:29 AM

My sell price was 84322, MrDividend. I decided to not sell at the time for a number of reasons most of which are still in play. But taking the historical performance into account perhaps now would be a good time to bank my profits.

#45 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:59 AM

Have you set a sell price in your CPI or just holding for a bit Bread? Must be tempting with those new ATH's. Although not super expensive, it is expensive for a bank and even if the results only slightly disappoint, price could tumble. That said, Capitec certainly deserves a spot in a long term portfolio with the intention of never selling.

#46 Bread

Bread

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:31 AM

Ol' Mr. Rogers reckons there's between 800 and 2000 crypto currencies and they're all in a bubble.

#47 Guest_PlatinumWealth.co.za_*

• Guests

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:36 AM

So how is your cripto currencies been doing lately? 

Lately it's down due to the August 1 stuff.

However overall it's well within the green, since I've been owning it when it was single digits. Saddest thing I did was to buy too little ethereum back then (https://platinumweal...to-buy-Ethereum) at $8 I thought eish, might be lucky to see $20 at some stage.

The other stuff, BTC I've owned since it was around $280 and Sia I bought just after that massive surge before it all came grumbling down so on SIA I am only up around 20% at this stage, nothing to write home about in the crypto world.

If you asked how my JSE shares are doing.... Eish, would have deleted my account to avoid answering. :P 

#48 orca

orca

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:58 PM

75%
DBxWD - 50%
NFEMON - 25%
KAP - 25%

25%
Bitcoin 50%
Ethereum 40%
Sia 10%

So how is your cripto currencies been doing lately? 

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#49 TheConflict

TheConflict

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationJhb

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:49 PM

as they have never payed a dividend, guess you going to have to home school...

His only in Pre-school now. So we'll give it time till he gets to Gr 7. If no dividend by then, Then will consider shifting to AdvTech.

You win some you lose some...

#50 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:32 PM

100 % COH till further notice. Have my kid enrolled, so hoping to offset his Schoolfees through Dividends.

as they have never payed a dividend, guess you going to have to home school...

#51 TheConflict

TheConflict

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationJhb

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:27 AM

100 % COH till further notice. Have my kid enrolled, so hoping to offset his Schoolfees through Dividends.

You win some you lose some...

#52 Guest_PlatinumWealth.co.za_*

• Guests

Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:21 PM

75%
DBxWD - 50%
NFEMON - 25%
KAP - 25%

25%
Bitcoin 50%
Ethereum 40%
Sia 10%

Edited by PlatinumWealth.co.za, 10 July 2017 - 04:21 PM.

#53 Bread

Bread

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:52 PM

Capitec - 100%

Bought at 79250.

#54 Bread

Bread

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 24 June 2017 - 07:43 PM

Absolutely, MrDividend. I agree with you on all fronts.

On the 21st Shoprite looked like it was in a small and tight little channel within it's bigger upward trending channel that I wasn't sure which way it was going to break out of. It was building for a break to the upside and the top of the bigger channel but conditions ultimately led to a slight break to the downside and it couldn't push over the double top with a 50/50 possibility now of a break from here down to around the 19000 level or back up to the 20500 level or higher. I think the results are expected within the next 2 months and the dividend doesn't look that attractive, especially compared to Capitec. The technicals look a bit weak but they also looked weak in early April before a nice run up from the bottom of the channel to the top. So who knows?

Capitec to me looks way better. It's just come out of a slight dip which seems to occur about every 2 months, it's knocking it's head along the top of the channel, the trend is still up, the technicals look better and so does the dividend and I think the results are expected in about 3 months. I reckons there's more than a 50% possibility it's going to break to the upside soon, as you say. But, of course, it could also just coast along for the next month or so. So who knows?

#55 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:36 AM

best bank vs best food retailer

pe basis shoprite is slightly cheaper.

but over the last 5 years capitec has grown head line earnings at double the pace of shoprite.

Funnily enough both are try to get clients from higher LSM groups - I see capitec being more successful in this plus they still have a few more strings to pull ( car finance/ mortgages/ c. card other investment products) because they closer to their customers - and know them well - I am sure they can use that knowledge.

Only problem is it's run hard and even a slight down turn in the results will see a bit of a sell off. So at a guess I see it consolidating at this area for a bit. The problem is, that when it moves, it moves quickly - and you will be waiting for a pull back that never comes.

#56 Bread

Bread

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:02 AM

Should I buy Shoprit or Capitec?

#57 Mikebolle

Mikebolle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 08:18 PM

I bought 37 000 Sentula at 32. Currently it's 100% of my portfolio

#58 Bread

Bread

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 12 June 2017 - 07:49 PM

Cash - 100%

Sold Santam at 24180.

#59 Bread

Bread

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:47 PM

tried to figure out why you bought santam - on a fundamental and on TA is doesn't really look good. BUT, looking at monthly chart, sure, steady growth since 2008. not sure I would want to be in the insurance game in SA TBO, and if I had to pick it would be RMI for the outsurance part and what they doing in OZ. But for long term steady growth, guess santam might be a good pick.

You're right. TA doesn't look good but they are making acquisitions outside the country and they pay a good divi, albeit the next one is in September and I want to be back out the market by then. And just my luck Bats is already doing better then when I bought Santam so maybe I'll switch.

#60 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:56 AM

tried to figure out why you bought santam - on a fundamental and on TA is doesn't really look good. BUT, looking at monthly chart, sure, steady growth since 2008. not sure I would want to be in the insurance game in SA TBO, and if I had to pick it would be RMI for the outsurance part and what they doing in OZ. But for long term steady growth, guess santam might be a good pick.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting