#481 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:05 AM

Hi All

Hope you all had a great festive season and are well rested to make some serious money this year.

I would like to say to AFDAWN board, following your twitter accounts, it seem like you had a good rest as well so I expect great things from you this year.

Afdawn board, I know you are also invested in the company, so come now, lets make it a year to remember and build on.

To the people who do not share the believes in the company, thanks for your concerns, will take into consideration, but please, if you have shares, cut your losses and sell them cheap to us, so you can stop worrying about this share.

Hope everyone's share portfolio's does well this year.

(A bit off topic: Does anyone here have a opinion on GIJIMA, taking into account the share issue and consolidation.)

#482 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:24 AM

If only they had a workable business case and capable people to expedite it...

How a 'not for profit' growth equity fund manager and advisor model can expect excitement is above me. I think somebody is trying to be a market maker talking up whatever they plan to do - smoke and mirrors.    

#483 Fleetstroke1

Fleetstroke1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:29 AM

What is your fascination with a company that generates R6m in revenue per annum, makes a loss of R20m and has a NAV smaller than my own and consisting of only receivables and a property in possession. Each to his own I guess, but you seem consumed by this company with a questionable business case.

Good point Immobilier, but remember written off stock creates millionaires on the rebound.... watch this space.

Remember what is down has only one way to go that is up.... 

#484 Immobilier

Immobilier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:26 AM

What is your fascination with a company that generates R6m in revenue per annum, makes a loss of R20m and has a NAV smaller than my own and consisting of only receivables and a property in possession. Each to his own I guess, but you seem consumed by this company with a questionable business case.

#485 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:20 PM

KvZ is obviously being groomed to take over? JG is a stand-in my network tell me! 

Hawk

#486 Staghorn

Staghorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPaarl, Western Cape

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:31 PM

Why KvZ as CEO? JG is doing a good job so far...or did I miss something?

Nice volumes going throigh today...:D

#487 ajax

ajax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:22 PM

Slip sliding away...... BBB

#488 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:48 PM

Afdawn, you are right, the market will reward the brilliance of KC team. The only stumbling block is the rebranding and the appointment of KvZ as CEO. When the announcements come through market forces will drive the share.  

Hawk

#489 Fleetstroke1

Fleetstroke1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:52 AM

Afdawn' subsidiary Grindstone will soon announce a major transaction that will expand activities in a number of countries - inono.fm your personal radio station.

Cautionary still active but we can't wait for the announcement!   

See price jump today.

The less we speak about the share price of this company and the more emphasis we put on its plans is better for investors. Share price clouds true value. Either over or  undervalues a company. Sentiment I would say....

#490 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:14 AM

Afdawn' subsidiary Grindstone will soon announce a major transaction that will expand activities in a number of countries - inono.fm your personal radio station.

Cautionary still active but we can't wait for the announcement!   

See price jump today.

Hawk

#491 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:26 PM

Thank you LWVi andJR7800....Your reports of the agm are very similar and practica.l .In all its all good, a bit slow but done solidly.As mentioned before,they must announce SARS fruitition,then an investment and then an increase in share value will follow.I believe the share price will settle on  8c and look forward to the future

Love to know what was said at 10.40am In 45seconds it fell from 9c to 7c.The whatsapps must have been furious

#492 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:14 PM

The proof is in the pudding as they say. Talk is cheap, but actions speak louder than words.

Enough clichés, I really do hope this one takes off in 2015. A lot of us have been holding patiently

#493 Staghorn

Staghorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPaarl, Western Cape

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:04 PM

It was a good AGM.

Good information was shared/presented about the business model and progress made during 2014. To me it is just confirmation that things that are being done now are absolute necessary to (1) clean up the last bits of “skeletons”,  (2) to create that solid base (preparing the vehicle) going forward and (3) to get their hands on as much cash as possible for investments.  This creates a lot of confidence with me – this approach is just the better way to do it.  I would have been much more careful if they chased profits now, rather than getting the company “investment ready”.

Elite and SARS was explained well and in detail – I have no worries there, it must just play itself out. All resolutions were passed (except for two withdrawn). New brand on the way.

Be patient with this one, it won’t happen overnight. However, I think “success” is much closer than we think.

The news must have moved into the market fast, because at 11am ±2.5mil shares already traded.  I think the first real shift in the share price will come once the first investment has been made. I am not worried about the 7c trades at all – from the volumes this is obviously small players. Maybe they expected something to happen after the AGM?! Perhaps the don’t understand what ADW is doing or just don’t have the appetite for company anymore, because the “quick buck” is not realising.

To me the message at the AGM was that the board are making all effort to set-up the investment operations properly to minimize risk and ensure proper returns to investors. We have to give them the time to do that.

Well done to the Afdawn team!

#494 JR7800

JR7800

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:55 AM

Nice to chat with Mac and Keet today.

What i took away, all that attended please add your opinions.

- New branding and group structure will be presented to shareholders in near future, it think it is a good thing.

- All questions asked was good questions - Asked for more open info to shareholders - we will see

- Asked for future on positive cash flow - Only if revenue increase which they expect to                                                                                                                                               happen. No real increase in expenses expected.

- Asked about grindstone model - Not a free advising business. There is fees paid to cover                                                                                                                                                                            cost of advice.

- Investments on horizon - As soon as Elite/SARS dealt with - Inevitable

I get the feeling that the board are also frustrated and hoping for a deal to happen soon. They are also invested in the company and are also in the game of creating wealth for shareholder.

If you want to make money quick, look elsewhere. But I believe if they can pull everything together,and get that first investment under their belt, early, patient investors will be well rewarded. 

Still, don't use the milk money to buy this one.

I will be adding though.

Enjoy the weekend everyone.

#495 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:40 AM

SMS from AGM possible new Branding. Number of irrelevant question asked; Great anticipated growth expected in 2014 AFS as per FD.    

Hawk

#496 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:55 AM

I hear great presentation................  

Hawk

#497 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:50 AM

Fell 2c at 10.40 Held at 7c  for 9 minutes.volumes are small.Wonder what was said ?No volume sell out?? tense and confusing..

#498 GDP

GDP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:45 AM

mmmmmmmm -2c????

#499 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:28 AM

did not want to post what you just did but I feel very much the same.I am fully loaded up.The last 2 years have been predominantly dissappointments,but somehow I think the old mould will break....TODAY???????

#500 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:32 AM

Watch the share price jump today.....

Hawk

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting