12c! This cant be good...

#703 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:54 AM

African Dawn is selling lending business Elite Group to unit's CEO for R36,6m, it said on Friday.
-Business Day

#704 OreoRaider

OreoRaider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:52 PM

Everything the new management has done so far has been as expected.

That's what she said....

#705 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:25 AM

Hi Sugafoot

Simply put, when the %K line breaks above the %D line you can generally expect upward growth. However, if this cross over happens in the upper region of the range (above 80), this will be short lived and a drop should be expected. To anticipate real growth wait for the stochastics to group at the bottom of the range, or at least below 20. When the %K cross over the %D, this usually signals a buy signal. As always, please back test it!

does not work with small caps and pennies...easily manipulated and volumes not consistent!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#706 Devonvest

Devonvest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:19 AM

Devonvest, please explain the part a jet stochastics sitting on overbought region.
Does this imply that it's now a buying opportunity?

Hi Sugafoot

Simply put, when the %K line breaks above the %D line you can generally expect upward growth. However, if this cross over happens in the upper region of the range (above 80), this will be short lived and a drop should be expected. To anticipate real growth wait for the stochastics to group at the bottom of the range, or at least below 20. When the %K cross over the %D, this usually signals a buy signal. As always, please back test it!

Edited by Devonvest, 30 May 2014 - 09:20 AM.

#707 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:57 PM

6.67% up today after a nice consolidation to a support of 15. Bollinger bands are moving up to a pinch and the stochastics are sitting in the overbought region, looking to turn up. Are we going to test the 20 level again? Or even past it?

Devonvest, please explain the part a jet stochastics sitting on overbought region.
Does this imply that it's now a buying opportunity?

#708 Devonvest

Devonvest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:32 PM

6.67% up today after a nice consolidation to a support of 15. Bollinger bands are moving up to a pinch and the stochastics are sitting in the overbought region, looking to turn up. Are we going to test the 20 level again? Or even past it?

#709 ponzi

ponzi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Locationcape town

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:22 PM

I do not see the management to drive the share price but rather do what is right for the shareholders i.e. company to sustain a strong business model. If this reflects positively on the share price then we all will be happy.   

Hawk

#710 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:49 AM

On 15 may 14 I stated what I thought woul happen and my Prediction was not wrong.In a nutshell many people bought on the expectation that afdawn was a one way rocket going up.Frans is a chartist and his saying over 20c will move hard is not too important.What is important is that afdawn and its new management should drive the share price up hopefully after the announcement(I assume its the sale of the microlending business and maybe the property).Thereafter,we should hear of new business deals  etc.

The share deals driving the price down(today 15c) are small volume and people who really don't know what they bought anyway.

Relax and wait.I am enjoying the scraps I am picking up at todays prices.I believe the price will go up as expected and the bargains available should be enjoyed

#711 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:54 PM

If I understood Frans de Klerk correctly, we should see a further drop in share price.

#712 Naxy

Naxy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:03 PM

"Shareholders are accordingly advised to continue to exercise caution
when dealing in the Company’s securities until a full announcement is
made.

Johannesburg
8 May 2014"

Doesn't this statement means there's still a full announcement to be made? or there was another one after this that I perhaps missed?

#713 Staghorn

Staghorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPaarl, Western Cape

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:53 PM

ADW 201405080044A
Renewal of cautionary

African Dawn Capital Limited
Incorporated in the Republic of South Africa
(Registration Number: 1998/020520/06)
JSE share code: ADW
ISIN: ZAE000060703
(the “Company")

CAUTIONARY ANNOUNCEMENT - RENEWAL

Shareholders are referred to the cautionary announcement released on
SENS on 20 March 2014 and are advised that the negotiations referred to
therein are ongoing.

Shareholders are accordingly advised to continue to exercise caution
when dealing in the Company’s securities until a full announcement is
made.

Johannesburg
8 May 2014

Designated Advisor
Sasfin Capital
(a division of Sasfin Bank Limited)

Corporate Adviser
PSG Capital

#714 Fleetstroke1

Fleetstroke1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:49 PM

What announcement are you waiting for?.... it was made that other week on friday.... it was made after hours about their shares in the JSE listing... Done dusted and forgotten. 

#715 Naxy

Naxy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:44 PM

15c! Going down a bit by bit, volumes are also going down, but I'll still wait for the announcement

#716 RojoVert

RojoVert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:40 PM

I like the executive teams involved at Afdawn, strong solid leaders trying to change things there. I believe it can make it way beyond the 24c mark. Might just be me being way optimistic. But hey man dont get rich without some level of risk and optimism and just damn luck

#717 Staghorn

Staghorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPaarl, Western Cape

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:41 AM

Agree with you Battleship!

I think each person's situation and strategy is unique and in the end you have to decide for yourself. For me there are still lots of potential here (some maybe unknown) so I am going to hang in there for a (longer) while still.

The volatile moving between 16c and 20c level (probably?!) is inevitable...its a penny share! As long as your nerves can hold up... :)   

#718 battleship

battleship

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Locationdurban

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:53 PM

Dear Naxy

The excitement/rush is over as we wait for info on the cautionary which we hope is good.until an announcement,volumes will go down,interest will go down and so will the price.The fact that it held at 20c for so long surprises me.The price may drift to 17c or even 16c on low volumes,but means little other than bargain buying from nervous,short term sellers.

Relax till an announcement and I believe the next platform in the near future will be 24c or so.Frans said that if 20c was broken the rise would be great.When we find out what the big plan is ,I believe the price will rocket

#719 Naxy

Naxy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPretoria

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:37 PM

Can this still go beyond 20c? I'm not sure now whether to sell or wait perhaps magic can still happen

#720 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:58 AM

Trades going through at 21c now

Makes me nervous when things are happening so fast :o

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting