What's up with Steinhoff?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 flexbender

flexbender

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:26 PM

Karin Richards put a 9 month(?) target on SHF of R81 yesterday.

[right thread this time] :D

#2 Mr_SA

Mr_SA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:30 AM

That's a little optimistic, isn't it? That's a 27% jump in 3 months.

Then i look forward to a 27% return :-)

Edited by Mr_SA, 01 October 2014 - 11:32 AM.

#3 zombii

zombii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:33 AM

Anchor Capital maintain this share price getting to R70 within the next 3-4months.

That's a little optimistic, isn't it? That's a 27% jump in 3 months.

#4 Mr_SA

Mr_SA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:49 AM

@ Flexbender - your thoughts on SHF are clearly understood and I have similar belief.  (But I do both, trading and investing) and have done both on SHF recently......

On the technical side, SHF share price has had serious positive momentum behind it (from after its results were posted and clarified), and with directors and non-directors buying, I still maintain this share price getting to R60 - R65 by year end (especially after Frankfurt listing and possible a re-rating upwards).

But currently, I think it has run hard, so a minor pullback to R53 levels I would definitely be accumulating (both on the trading and investing side again) - just following the momentum.

Fundamentally, a PE of 11 times and great management team (who have proven to be prudent capital allocators), plus the upside potential of European markets, operational efficiencies to come, possible acquisitions and the continuous rand weakness, I think this is a great company to invest (and trade)....

Anchor Capital maintain this share price getting to R70 within the next 3-4months.

#5 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:11 AM

Even at these levels Steinhoff is a no brainer. Best value on the JSE by a long shot.

#6 Gspot

Gspot

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • LocationEast London

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:31 AM

That doesn't even make any sense.

So directors buy shares with their own money in their own companies because they think the share is overpriced and will go down?? :blink:

Anyway, the reason the directors are buying so many shares at the moment is because their holdings all got diluted last month with the rights issue. It's an obvious action for these guys to take, especially given the amount of money their worth. However, the faith shown in the company by them, including the founder Bruno Steinhoff and Wiese who bought R120m worth between them! That's a serious confidence display from very smart guys.

@ Flexbender - your thoughts on SHF are clearly understood and I have similar belief.  (But I do both, trading and investing) and have done both on SHF recently......

On the technical side, SHF share price has had serious positive momentum behind it (from after its results were posted and clarified), and with directors and non-directors buying, I still maintain this share price getting to R60 - R65 by year end (especially after Frankfurt listing and possible a re-rating upwards).

But currently, I think it has run hard, so a minor pullback to R53 levels I would definitely be accumulating (both on the trading and investing side again) - just following the momentum.

Fundamentally, a PE of 11 times and great management team (who have proven to be prudent capital allocators), plus the upside potential of European markets, operational efficiencies to come, possible acquisitions and the continuous rand weakness, I think this is a great company to invest (and trade)....

#7 flexbender

flexbender

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:42 AM

I also owned Steinhof and bailed when it went South, I don't tolerate losers as life is to short.

Steinhoff I shall buy at a lower price than now only as I am of the opinion that it is overpriced, why else would Weise throw money at the share.

That doesn't even make any sense.

So directors buy shares with their own money in their own companies because they think the share is overpriced and will go down?? :blink:

Anyway, the reason the directors are buying so many shares at the moment is because their holdings all got diluted last month with the rights issue. It's an obvious action for these guys to take, especially given the amount of money their worth. However, the faith shown in the company by them, including the founder Bruno Steinhoff and Wiese who bought R120m worth between them! That's a serious confidence display from very smart guys.

#8 M e r l i n

M e r l i n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSANDTON

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:28 PM

I also owned Steinhof and bailed when it went South, I don't tolerate losers as life is to short.

Steinhoff I shall buy at a lower price than now only as I am of the opinion that it is overpriced, why else would Weise throw money at the share.

Had a good chuckle when I read this now. Your short-sightedness makes my point for me.

-

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. (Isaac Asimov)

#9 flexbender

flexbender

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:50 PM

Steinhoff did very well today @ 2.5% up, Nepi did better @ 3% up - that is my point, talk is cheap, better performing stocks buys the whisky - cheers!

Had a good chuckle when I read this now. Your short-sightedness makes my point for me.

And by the way, I've owned both SHF and NEP for the last 4 years. So the colour of my whisky is blue this weekend. B)

#10 M e r l i n

M e r l i n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSANDTON

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:00 PM

Steinhoff did very well today @ 2.5% up, Nepi did better @ 3% up - that is my point, talk is cheap, better performing stocks buys the whisky - cheers!

And you're talking about technical analysis here. PAST price movements. You can't base investment decisions with a 5-10yr time horizon on technicals!

I'm judging SHF on it's fundamentals and value and it's at the top of my list in my LT portfolio at the moment. And whether you're in at 50, 55 or 60 becomes immaterial in the long run.

For example: Five years ago Steinhoff was R16. It's never been back to those levels since. If you bought at R16, R18 or R20 it still makes you a winner. R16 is a bigger winner yes. But the R20 guy still did extremely well compared to the technical investor that never invested because his magic 5 prong buy indicator didn't trigger.

I know there's a big difference between trading and investing and what I'm referring to here applies to investing, long term, like most of us do. I just believe to many guys that try put together a share portfolio try to time the market, especially those that think applying my clever charting tools will give me the edge.

Fundamental analysis will always trump technical analysis.

It's simple. Find fundamentally sound companies with long term prospects and buy them at a low PE (or PEG if you feel you can est the growth). That's VALUE Investing. That's what made Buffett rich. Not timing the market!

No attack meant Merlin, sorry. Just quoting your post to make a point.

I hope someone disagrees with me and tell my why I have been investing wrong my whole life.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. (Isaac Asimov)

#11 flexbender

flexbender

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:02 AM

The buy signal is past its sell by date, those with balls could have coined it by buying sub 50 (-100 on CCI) but that ship has sailed.

There are other stocks I would rather buy now.

And you're talking about technical analysis here. PAST price movements. You can't base investment decisions with a 5-10yr time horizon on technicals!

I'm judging SHF on it's fundamentals and value and it's at the top of my list in my LT portfolio at the moment. And whether you're in at 50, 55 or 60 becomes immaterial in the long run.

For example: Five years ago Steinhoff was R16. It's never been back to those levels since. If you bought at R16, R18 or R20 it still makes you a winner. R16 is a bigger winner yes. But the R20 guy still did extremely well compared to the technical investor that never invested because his magic 5 prong buy indicator didn't trigger.

I know there's a big difference between trading and investing and what I'm referring to here applies to investing, long term, like most of us do. I just believe to many guys that try put together a share portfolio try to time the market, especially those that think applying my clever charting tools will give me the edge.

Fundamental analysis will always trump technical analysis.

It's simple. Find fundamentally sound companies with long term prospects and buy them at a low PE (or PEG if you feel you can est the growth). That's VALUE Investing. That's what made Buffett rich. Not timing the market!

No attack meant Merlin, sorry. Just quoting your post to make a point.

I hope someone disagrees with me and tell my why I have been investing wrong my whole life.

#12 flexbender

flexbender

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:18 AM

The buy signal is past its sell by date, those with balls could have coined it by buying sub 50 (-100 on CCI) but that ship has sailed.

like what?

(no property stocks again pls...) :P

#13 M e r l i n

M e r l i n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSANDTON

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:34 PM

Both me and the FM article below disagree with you strongly.

Buy++

http://www.financial...erfectly-placed

#14 flexbender

flexbender

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:57 PM

Looks good on the surface. The only factor that could posibly constrain earnings is the poor state of the Euro economies with several countries 

either teetering on recession, or even in a recession (2 quarters negative growth). But then they sell el cheapo furniture, so might not be severly 

affected. The value of their properties are probably not fully reflected in the price. In my opinion it is a hold+

Both me and the FM article below disagree with you strongly.

Buy++

http://www.financial...erfectly-placed

#15 Moonraker

Moonraker

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationGeorge

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:39 PM

With Wiese putting 50m in SSF, and directors putting in 80m, and the fact that it has been consolidating, surely this one will skyrocket? Any opinions?

Looks good on the surface. The only factor that could posibly constrain earnings is the poor state of the Euro economies with several countries 

either teetering on recession, or even in a recession (2 quarters negative growth). But then they sell el cheapo furniture, so might not be severly 

affected. The value of their properties are probably not fully reflected in the price. In my opinion it is a hold+

Edited by Moonraker, 18 September 2014 - 03:40 PM.

#16 longterm413

longterm413

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:28 PM

With Wiese putting 50m in SSF, and directors putting in 80m, and the fact that it has been consolidating, surely this one will skyrocket? Any opinions?

#17 Qbre77

Qbre77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:52 AM

Our pivot point stands at 5221.

Our preference: the upside prevails as long as 5221 is support.

Alternative scenario: the downside breakout of 5221 would call for 4915 and 4735.

Comment: the RSI is above its neutrality area at 50. The MACD is positive and above its signal line. The configuration is positive. Moreover, the stock is above its 20 and 50 day MA (respectively at 5251.6 and 5296.03).

Supports and resistances: 
6406 **
6225 *
6043 **
5478 last
5221 **
4915 *
4735 **

From Trading Central

#18 Qbre77

Qbre77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:07 PM

Looks to be consolidating above 5400

#19 Manjana

Manjana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 03:34 PM

Directors buying the last couple of days. In my opinion always a good sign!

#20 Qbre77

Qbre77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:18 PM

Our pivot point stands at 5039.

Our preference: our next up target stands at 5864.

Alternative scenario: the downside breakout of 5039 would call for 4760 and 4597.

Comment: the RSI is above its neutrality area at 50. The MACD is above its signal line and negative. The MACD must break above its zero level to trigger further gains. Moreover, the stock is above its 20 and 50 day MA (respectively at 5166.55 and 5301.01).

Supports and resistances: 
6196 **
6030 *
5864 **
5337 last
5039 **
4760 *
4597 **

From Trading Central

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting