501 replies to this topic

#281 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:37 AM

Yes I wonder how long tgis would be. They said soob though.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

Well, equity is worth 0 as of today for all practical reasons.

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#282 Magnet

Magnet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:35 AM

Sorry for everyone who bought ABL.... You are going to have to hold on for a while. Trade is suspended. (Check SENS). So you will have to wait for the "new bank" to list.

Yes I wonder how long tgis would be. They said soob though.

#283 AJS

AJS

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:07 AM

Sorry for everyone who bought ABL.... You are going to have to hold on for a while. Trade is suspended. (Check SENS). So you will have to wait for the "new bank" to list.

"Trade what you see, not what you think"

#284 Magnet

Magnet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:25 AM

So when abil is finally split into its 2 listed entities (good and bad banks) those who bought during the crash will see huge profits. <br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9500 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app<br /><br />

#285 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:24 AM

extract from Moneyweb

"Whether or not Abil would be suspended from trading on the JSE, Marcus said, would be a decision taken by the stock exchange in consultation with the curator. However, she said it was intended that the “good” bank holding company would be listed on the JSE in due course and would include the acquisition at fair value of the various insurance entities within the Abil Group."

So, I guess we will see when the bell goes at 9 in the morning ...

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#286 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:26 PM

http://uk.reuters.co...N0GA0R320140810

#287 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:52 PM

Agreed, will most likely be suspended before the opening bell...and it seems ordinary and pref shareholders will be wiped out. 5 large banks, plus Capitec and PIC will most likely end up owning all of the good bank. Because of the way ABL is funded ie whole sale funding means shareholders were always on a hiding to nothing...

#288 Zero Hedge

Zero Hedge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationSome Island

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:51 PM

Agreed, will most likely be suspended before the opening bell...and it seems ordinary and pref shareholders will be wiped out. 5 large banks, plus Capitec and PIC will most likely end up owning all of the good bank. Because of the way ABL is funded ie whole sale funding means shareholders were always on a hiding to nothing...

#289 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:48 PM

Long or Short, that is the question.

What are the implications for the share price, how about a stab at an estimate, I say long as it must be more than it is now.

in all probability will be suspended before market opens tomorrow....and then a long wait for investors already invested, more sleepless nights until she comes out of curatorship,,,and in the meantime the curator makes a nice packet irrespective if she survives or not!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#290 McEdama

McEdama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg (RSA)

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:36 PM

Who ever bought ABIL sub R1.00 will make at least 100% profit by the very latest close of trading next week Thursday 14/08/14...the've been some interesting development....thank me later :D

McEdama, does this statement still stand, taking into account the latest developments?

100%

Sent from my C2105 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#291 McEdama

McEdama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg (RSA)

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:36 PM

Who ever bought ABIL sub R1.00 will make at least 100% profit by the very latest close of trading next week Thursday 14/08/14...the've been some interesting development....thank me later :D

McEdama, does this statement still stand, taking into account the latest developments?

100%

Sent from my C2105 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#292 Magnet

Magnet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:47 PM

http://www.bdlive.co...of-african-bank<br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9500 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app<br /><br />

#293 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:20 PM

Now it needs R10b to recapitalize?<br />Are there shareholders with that kind of cash?<br />What must CLM be thinking right now...

#294 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:20 PM

Now it needs R10b to recapitalize?<br />Are there shareholders with that kind of cash?<br />What must CLM be thinking right now...

#295 longterm413

longterm413

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:16 PM

#296 M e r l i n

M e r l i n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationSANDTON

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

Long or Short, that is the question.

What are the implications for the share price, how about a stab at an estimate, I say long as it must be more than it is now.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. (Isaac Asimov)

#297 longterm413

longterm413

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:52 PM

So what does this mean. Delisted tomorrow?

Not sure, I assume the current shareholders become shareholders of the new recapitalised entity?

#298 Magnet

Magnet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:45 PM

So what does this mean. Delisted tomorrow?<br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9500 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app<br /><br />

#299 longterm413

longterm413

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:29 PM

http://m.news24.com/...orship-20140810

#300 Magnet

Magnet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

Bailout :)<br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9500 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app<br /><br />

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting