Photo
- - - - -

Small Caps: Which is the Next Ten Bagger?

small caps

• Please log in to reply
1114 replies to this topic

#501 flexbender

flexbender

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:41 PM

Any ideas on why GPL price has dropped?

Its the lowest its been in 12 months

Maybe people swopping them for Taste...?

I own both. (I really like both BK and Dominos)

What I've made on TAS I've lost on GPL in the last month.

My advice:

BUY more.

#502 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:00 AM

Any ideas on why GPL price has dropped?

Its the lowest its been in 12 months

#503 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:19 AM

Have a relatively small exposure in it (R20k). Planning to keep it till Friday. Saw two massive trades going through today, so may be a signal as it has to be one massive buyer/punter. 

Good luck!

We can only hope. I've put half my holding in at 399c, that way if the buyer is desperate pre-news I still make a decent profit.

In the meanwhile RESN has easily become my favourite (temporary) share of the year. Predictable, high gearing, low arbitrage (as strong volumes are going through).  ;)

Edited by yusufm, 09 June 2015 - 09:21 AM.

#504 PickApprentice

PickApprentice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 10:19 PM

Deadline for the CRD deal is this Friday. I see the price moved up quite nicely today on the LSE in anticipation.
My cost is 250 so unsure whether to sell now or to risk the deal falling through on Friday...upside potential if the deal goes through is 700+ though.
Apparently some twitter feeds have been punting that a formal bid will come through sometime tomorrow, but not sure if I'll trust that at all. Possibly just trying to pump up the market before Friday.

Will likely sell half Thursday morning should nothing materialise before then. Anyone else in on CRD with me? Would like to know what your convictions are...

Have a relatively small exposure in it (R20k). Planning to keep it till Friday. Saw two massive trades going through today, so may be a signal as it has to be one massive buyer/punter. 

Good luck!

#505 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:28 PM

Deadline for the CRD deal is this Friday. I see the price moved up quite nicely today on the LSE in anticipation.
My cost is 250 so unsure whether to sell now or to risk the deal falling through on Friday...upside potential if the deal goes through is 700+ though.
Apparently some twitter feeds have been punting that a formal bid will come through sometime tomorrow, but not sure if I'll trust that at all. Possibly just trying to pump up the market before Friday.

Will likely sell half Thursday morning should nothing materialise before then. Anyone else in on CRD with me? Would like to know what your convictions are...

Edited by yusufm, 08 June 2015 - 09:30 PM.

#506 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 06 June 2015 - 12:17 PM

QueenB, I hope so too, even if it is just for my ShareForum Investor Challenge.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#507 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 05 June 2015 - 05:18 PM

I picked up some ADI at R8.40 today

I think this is a good level to buy

Hope i'm not wrong  :huh:

#508 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 05 June 2015 - 05:14 PM

you are clever trader Yusuf!

Wish I had more time to do it

#509 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 05 June 2015 - 05:10 PM

RESN is working very well!  :D  averaged a 30% gain each day for the past 3 days on it. Cancelling out my losses on SGL  :ph34r:

#510 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 05 June 2015 - 05:05 PM

whats up with GPL :o

#511 myusuf

myusuf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 04:24 PM

Hi All

Please advise what you think about Wescoal [i have 70k in there at R2) and Keaton [60K at R1,55]

Based on their expected results (Wescoal interim 100% up at 15c and expected full HEPS +-25-30c]

Keaton record production - expect HEPS +-24-26

Effective PE ratios very low around+-6

Why are these shares not performing with result out in 2weeks - i though i could double up here but nobody is buying...!

Maybe in a week or so it will move?

Please give your thoughts

#512 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:52 PM

Yeah, if you look at the way Redefine dropped.. nasty! :o

doubled up at 200 and sold at 249c  ;)

will try to rebuy at 200

#513 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:55 PM

Testing the waters, bought at 220c...Property sector looking bleak on the whole so more downside is likely

Yeah, if you look at the way Redefine dropped.. nasty! :o

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#514 Shortboy

Shortboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:07 PM

FINAL RESULTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 DECEMBER 2014

Highlights

-  The net loss for the year was £3.25m (2013: loss of £2.61m). The loss includes administrative
              expenses of £1.60m (2013 £2.19m) which have fallen for the third year in a row as a result of
              careful attention to cost control.
          -   Cash on hand at 31 December 2014 was £2.53m (2013: £2.22m) and total assets rose from
              £23.28m to £32.41m.
          -   Development of the Upper K4 (UK4) mining block is on schedule for commencement of mining
              operations in H2 2015, several months ahead of the original development schedule.
          -   Underground core drilling of the UK4 block has delineated 2.6 million tonnes of K4 (high
              grade) kimberlite above the 370m level, an increase of more than 2 million tonnes over the
              original Lace geological model. The final resource statement will require grade data from the
              bulk testing currently scheduled to be completed by the end of Q2.
          -   Processing of K6 kimberlite recovered from the production level drives has commenced,
              including recovery of a 19.83 carat clear white gem diamond, being the largest gem diamond
              recovered from underground development so far and a 4.38 carat D Type IIA white. The
              recovery of a Type IIA diamond has value implications for the entire resource as it means
              Lace has the potential to produce large, very high value diamonds.
          -   The installation of the 400 tonnes per hour underground conveyor system which will bring ore
              to surface for the life of the mine is on schedule for commissioning ahead of the mining ramp-
              up.
          -   Delays resulting from industrial action combined with a 25% devaluation of the South African
              Rand since the Lace project finance was arranged resulted in the Company needing to secure
              additional working capital to complete the development of the UK4 mining block.
          -   Post year-end, the Company signed a term sheet with Acrux Resources, a South African
              resources financing group, for a royalty financing facility for the rand equivalent of US$7m
              (£4.5m), which would more than adequately cover the working capital requirement of between
              £1.8m in the Company’s base case to £2.8m in the worst case. At the date of this report, the
              royalty financing facility is in its final stages of negotiation.
          -   Diamond recoveries from tailings for the year ended 31 December 2014 totalled 18,354 carats
              at a recovered grade of 5.96 carats per hundred tonnes (cpht) against a budget of 5.00 cpht.
          -   Diamond sales for the year totalled 21,700 carats recovered from tailings at an average price
              of US$63 per carat, slightly ahead of budget. Income from diamonds sold has been credited to
              mine development as diamond recoveries are a result of fine tuning and testing of the
              processing plant ahead of kimberlite mining.
          -   The Lost Time Injury Frequency Rate (LTIFR) for 2014 was 0.72, slightly up on 0.55 in 2013,
              but still significantly below the average for mining operations in South Africa. Lace had two lost
              time injuries and 61,303 lost time injury free shifts during 2014.

A full version of the 2014 report and audited financial statements will shortly be posted to
        shareholders and available on the Company’s website www.diamondcorp.plc.uk

DMC is now R2.50 (I bought at an average price of R1.38) - with fairly realistic volumes underpinning demand today.

DMC gives project updates at the end of every quarter. So far everything affecting the project is basically on track and no more nasty surprises popping up like a few years ago.

They are fully funded and will start main diamond pipe production in the next month or so. If there are diamonds in that pipe this share will reach R15 or more. If not, its going nowhere but may still end up as a buy out target now that they have cleaned up the whole infrastructure.

Recently (last month or so) during test drilling in the main pipe they recovered a 19ct white diamond. So, for me the question of whether their are still diamonds in the pipe has been answered. Yes there are.   

If you take the time to dig deeply into this company's information base, buying into it is actually a no-brainer. My only concern has always been:- Can I believe what the CEO Paul Loudon has been telling the market? So far he hasnt dropped the ball. In fact he and the chairman were not only buyers of shares they also went as a far as lending the company their own money to keep things going when the company was having a difificult time raising funds.

Thats all over now. Time will tell.

IG SA40

#515 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:28 AM

Testing the waters, bought at 220c...Property sector looking bleak on the whole so more downside is likely

#516 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:53 PM

Nicely done Yusuf!

Thanks guys ;) let's hope tomorrow's trading pattern is just as easy to spot :)

#517 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:14 PM

Nicely done Yusuf!

#518 SyndriN

SyndriN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:42 PM

Repeated the buying at 250 or at 239 and sold at 295, 283, 275 three times :)

Well played!

Edited by SyndriN, 03 June 2015 - 04:43 PM.

#519 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:40 PM

Out 277/283. Seems like it may drop some more. Will look to buy next under 200c

Repeated the buying at 250 or at 239 and sold at 295, 283, 275 three times  :)

#520 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:17 PM

Buying RESN at 250c. High risk, low exposure...

Out 277/283. Seems like it may drop some more. Will look to buy next under 200c

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting