Photo
- - - - -

Small Caps: Which is the Next Ten Bagger?

small caps

• Please log in to reply
1114 replies to this topic

#521 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:55 AM

Buying RESN at 250c. High risk, low exposure...

#522 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:09 AM

Nice read on Moneyweb for those who recently started with shares, good tips I'd say:

http://www.moneyweb....warren-buffett/

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#523 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:07 PM

Finally some decent action today on MIX :huh:

#524 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:32 PM

Bought TSX 300c, good looking trading statement

out at 345c

Edited by yusufm, 28 May 2015 - 08:32 PM.

#525 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:03 PM

FINAL RESULTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 DECEMBER 2014

Highlights

-  The net loss for the year was £3.25m (2013: loss of £2.61m). The loss includes administrative
              expenses of £1.60m (2013 £2.19m) which have fallen for the third year in a row as a result of
              careful attention to cost control.
          -   Cash on hand at 31 December 2014 was £2.53m (2013: £2.22m) and total assets rose from
              £23.28m to £32.41m.
          -   Development of the Upper K4 (UK4) mining block is on schedule for commencement of mining
              operations in H2 2015, several months ahead of the original development schedule.
          -   Underground core drilling of the UK4 block has delineated 2.6 million tonnes of K4 (high
              grade) kimberlite above the 370m level, an increase of more than 2 million tonnes over the
              original Lace geological model. The final resource statement will require grade data from the
              bulk testing currently scheduled to be completed by the end of Q2.
          -   Processing of K6 kimberlite recovered from the production level drives has commenced,
              including recovery of a 19.83 carat clear white gem diamond, being the largest gem diamond
              recovered from underground development so far and a 4.38 carat D Type IIA white. The
              recovery of a Type IIA diamond has value implications for the entire resource as it means
              Lace has the potential to produce large, very high value diamonds.
          -   The installation of the 400 tonnes per hour underground conveyor system which will bring ore
              to surface for the life of the mine is on schedule for commissioning ahead of the mining ramp-
              up.
          -   Delays resulting from industrial action combined with a 25% devaluation of the South African
              Rand since the Lace project finance was arranged resulted in the Company needing to secure
              additional working capital to complete the development of the UK4 mining block.
          -   Post year-end, the Company signed a term sheet with Acrux Resources, a South African
              resources financing group, for a royalty financing facility for the rand equivalent of US$7m
              (£4.5m), which would more than adequately cover the working capital requirement of between
              £1.8m in the Company’s base case to £2.8m in the worst case. At the date of this report, the
              royalty financing facility is in its final stages of negotiation.
          -   Diamond recoveries from tailings for the year ended 31 December 2014 totalled 18,354 carats
              at a recovered grade of 5.96 carats per hundred tonnes (cpht) against a budget of 5.00 cpht.
          -   Diamond sales for the year totalled 21,700 carats recovered from tailings at an average price
              of US$63 per carat, slightly ahead of budget. Income from diamonds sold has been credited to
              mine development as diamond recoveries are a result of fine tuning and testing of the
              processing plant ahead of kimberlite mining.
          -   The Lost Time Injury Frequency Rate (LTIFR) for 2014 was 0.72, slightly up on 0.55 in 2013,
              but still significantly below the average for mining operations in South Africa. Lace had two lost
              time injuries and 61,303 lost time injury free shifts during 2014.

A full version of the 2014 report and audited financial statements will shortly be posted to
        shareholders and available on the Company’s website www.diamondcorp.plc.uk

#526 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 02:59 PM

Diamondcorp released a SENS this morning Sugafoot

Can someone please post it? Cos I can't find it on moneyweb or bdlive. Thanks

#527 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:24 AM

Diamondcorp released a SENS this morning Sugafoot

#528 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:43 PM

<br /></blockquote><br />We are nearly a year on and here is where we are on these 2 picks I have been holding (not trading).<br /> <br />DMC is R2.00, up 80% despite the resources sell offs we have been seeing. They should be giving their quarterly project update at the end of this month which should confirm commencement of diamond mining operations in the next month or 2. The share price has been building a solid base for the last few weeks dragging unwilling buyers up to higher and higher prices. It went to R15 per share when it was just a business plan, lets see where it goes to when it is actually producing pink diamonds in the next month or so. <br /> </blockquote><br /><br />Any reason why Diamondcorp does not release trading updates?<br />

#529 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:42 PM

<br /></blockquote><br />We are nearly a year on and here is where we are on these 2 picks I have been holding (not trading).<br /> <br />DMC is R2.00, up 80% despite the resources sell offs we have been seeing. They should be giving their quarterly project update at the end of this month which should confirm commencement of diamond mining operations in the next month or 2. The share price has been building a solid base for the last few weeks dragging unwilling buyers up to higher and higher prices. It went to R15 per share when it was just a business plan, lets see where it goes to when it is actually producing pink diamonds in the next month or so. <br /> </blockquote><br /><br />Any reason why Diamondcorp does not release trading updates?<br />

#530 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:25 AM

Bought TSX 300c, good looking trading statement

#531 Trader1

Trader1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:05 AM

Or even a Labat or CZA, can't believe we missed out on those....
And now CMO, I'll be looking at this now

It took FGL 6 months to move from 8c to 15c and then another 6 months to move to 150c - so it does take time. It feels like CZA recent spell was a result of refinancing and not based on operations. Although I would have loved to be in that rise. Sekenjalo/AEEI also took 6 months to rise from 50c to 350c.

CMO does look interesting

MRI profits are accounting related but we'll see how successful they are when the results are released next week

#532 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:58 AM

Careful, whats the chances that this becomes another Finbond story? Haha prob unlikely but would be cool ;)

Or even a Labat or CZA, can't believe we missed out on those....
And now CMO, I'll be looking at this now

#533 10gbusc

10gbusc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:49 AM

CMO: Chrometco...They have earnings out next week which will show they've gone from non-productive exploration to full scale mining of PGM Ore. Trading statement should be out this week. The share has bounced from 10c to 25c in 2 days on big volume! Someone obviously knows something and maybe this could be the next CZA?

#534 Trader1

Trader1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:52 AM

I'm selling into the rise. Finally patience is paying off!

Careful, whats the chances that this becomes another Finbond story? Haha prob unlikely but would be cool ;)

#535 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:44 AM

So Anyone want to vote MRI again? :)

I'm selling into the rise. Finally patience is paying off!

#536 Trader1

Trader1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:38 AM

So Anyone want to vote MRI again? :)

#537 morey

morey

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:32 PM

Thanks, used to own a little. Think old rugby boss Brian van Rooyen was Chairman. Lost a bit of money. Thanks again

#538 100ways

100ways

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:28 PM

100 ways, please tell me which company you were speaking of that is now 60c. Thanks

Was talking about Labat Africa Limited - on the announcement they where 15 to 18cps and now over the last few weeks jumped to 65cps and coming back a bit.

#539 morey

morey

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:19 PM

100 ways, please tell me which company you were speaking of that is now 60c. Thanks

#540 100ways

100ways

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:24 PM

A company with a market cap of R72 million buying one that for R 627 million. Lots of potential upside, but lots of risks like share dilution and whether or not the sale goes thru. 

See the stock hit 60cps.... wish I bought..... any thoughts?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting