Photo
- - - - -

Small Caps: Which is the Next Ten Bagger?

small caps

• Please log in to reply
1114 replies to this topic

#841 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:11 PM

I said it at 9:48 AM when the price was 5% lower... It will close at 1290c or so. 

Been trading (currently just watching due to lack of cash) this share for the past month. Rapidly running out of seller, price is just on a continuous uptrend

almost a 9% move already, exactly as predicted. Kicking myself for throwing out the bird in the hand (MMG) for two in the bush (SOH + RSG)  :angry:

#842 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:33 PM

What makes you say that????

I said it at 9:48 AM when the price was 5% lower... It will close at 1290c or so. 

Been trading (currently just watching due to lack of cash) this share for the past month. Rapidly running out of seller, price is just on a continuous uptrend

#843 Mr_SA

Mr_SA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

MMG is ready to break out to 1300c, no cash or I would buy now :(

What makes you say that????

#844 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:48 AM

MMG is ready to break out to 1300c, no cash or I would buy now :(

#845 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

Fortune favors the brave.
Am just worried whether this stoppage via the loss of Protech could be longer than six months, assuming of course that they need to tender, put out a notice, evaluate bids, blah blah blah...

Fortune really needs to start favoring me then   :rolleyes: I looked at one of the main share trading forums for the ASX. They all say that it is a single seller dropping the price there as well. They estimate that he has approximately 1 million shares left (not sure how they estimated that) but I'm starting to think that it is the same person/institution selling out on both exchanges. However, he isn't a large shareholder otherwise there would've been news announcements relating to his disposals

They did not seem to think the PKH liquidation would cause a longer than 6 month delay, but then again looking at a few of the 2010 news releases it seems as if production was initially supposed to start in 2013. 

Also, I just bought at 165c....

#846 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:05 AM

I am now quite certain that it is a single seller, selling in low volumes to avoid dropping the price too far. I would not buy at present, wait till the price drops further

Fortune favors the brave.
Am just worried whether this stoppage via the loss of Protech could be longer than six months, assuming of course that they need to tender, put out a notice, evaluate bids, blah blah blah...

#847 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:35 AM

Buying at 165c in small amount and then again at 150c

#848 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:43 PM

I am now quite certain that it is a single seller, selling in low volumes to avoid dropping the price too far. I would not buy at present, wait till the price drops further

Edited by yusufm1, 07 July 2014 - 04:48 PM.

#849 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:27 AM

I think they down because of the ProTech's (their earthworks contractor) issues that will cause mine delays - see latest SENS ... if so then I would also take a gamble (if I had some spare cash) as this seems overdone.

Edited by Shi, 07 July 2014 - 09:28 AM.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#850 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:06 AM

The company is trading cheaper on the ASX at 0.13. So there is an arbitrage opportunity if one purchases on the ASX. This company is very similar to WCC, but WCC already has contract with Eskom. Not sure about RSG's current status. 

I would prefer holding WCC as their share prices on both exchanges are the same, thus, fairly value. There is definitely good upside potential in this type of company if events go in their favour. 

But Good luck Yusuf! Like you said, if it's a single seller, you might have bought it at a bargin. 

View today's ASX price action :) 

playing with fire.

As are the PIC, Momentum and a number of other well known funds then. After all this thread is about finding the next 10-bagger, that is risky business  :rolleyes:

#851 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:45 PM

It was a single seller, and I'm more than sure that he wanted 220c. I sort of influenced him to sell cheaper with my bids. It's a short term trade, I know next to nothing about the company fundamentally but I'm hoping to make a quick 20 - 40%. I'm sure the price will pick up to the 220c minimum.

Also the PIC holds a chunk...

playing with fire.

#852 PickApprentice

PickApprentice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:27 AM

Ok I've gone and run the fundamentals. May even seem like one to hold for the medium - longterm now. Their "primary focus is the development of the Boikarabelo coal mine in the Waterberg region of South Africa. Its coal tenements have:

• A probable reserve of 745 million tonnes
  • A measured resource of 1.1 billion tonnes
  • An indicated resource of 552 million tonnes
  • An inferred resource of 1.5 billion tonnes"

They expect production to begin in December 2015, all development plans have gone according to plan (secured funding, etc). Currently constructing infrastructure still. Major share holders have increased their holdings in the past year (PIC, Barsington Ltd). Their management is top class with their MD having 25 years in the business as well as significant previous executive positions. He also has a significant holding in the company and was granted performance-related rights recently.

The market consensus in the ASX (which is where they have their primary listing) says the following: 

"As of Jun 27, 2014, the consensus forecast amongst 2 polled investment analysts covering Resource Generation Ltd advises that the company will outperform the market. This has been the consensus forecast since the sentiment of investment analysts deteriorated on Aug 28, 2013. The previous consensus forecast advised investors to purchase equity in Resource Generation Ltd"

http://markets.ft.co...casts?s=RES:ASX

Their are a number of news articles about them if you have time to google them. 

Results for the year will be released by early August (I am assuming it will reflect a small profit as Blumont forfeited $2.5mil in the company) which should bring short term share price gains.

If I can sell at about 300c in the next 3 months I'll take it, otherwise I am prepared to hold until production begins (hopefully) next year :)

The company is trading cheaper on the ASX at 0.13. So there is an arbitrage opportunity if one purchases on the ASX. This company is very similar to WCC, but WCC already has contract with Eskom. Not sure about RSG's current status. 

I would prefer holding WCC as their share prices on both exchanges are the same, thus, fairly value. There is definitely good upside potential in this type of company if events go in their favour. 

But Good luck Yusuf! Like you said, if it's a single seller, you might have bought it at a bargin. 

#853 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:28 AM

It was a single seller, and I'm more than sure that he wanted 220c. I sort of influenced him to sell cheaper with my bids. It's a short term trade, I know next to nothing about the company fundamentally but I'm hoping to make a quick 20 - 40%. I'm sure the price will pick up to the 220c minimum.

Ok I've gone and run the fundamentals. May even seem like one to hold for the medium - longterm now. Their "primary focus is the development of the Boikarabelo coal mine in the Waterberg region of South Africa. Its coal tenements have:

• A probable reserve of 745 million tonnes
  • A measured resource of 1.1 billion tonnes
  • An indicated resource of 552 million tonnes
  • An inferred resource of 1.5 billion tonnes"

They expect production to begin in December 2015, all development plans have gone according to plan (secured funding, etc). Currently constructing infrastructure still. Major share holders have increased their holdings in the past year (PIC, Barsington Ltd). Their management is top class with their MD having 25 years in the business as well as significant previous executive positions. He also has a significant holding in the company and was granted performance-related rights recently.

The market consensus in the ASX (which is where they have their primary listing) says the following: 

"As of Jun 27, 2014, the consensus forecast amongst 2 polled investment analysts covering Resource Generation Ltd advises that the company will outperform the market. This has been the consensus forecast since the sentiment of investment analysts deteriorated on Aug 28, 2013. The previous consensus forecast advised investors to purchase equity in Resource Generation Ltd"

http://markets.ft.co...casts?s=RES:ASX

Their are a number of news articles about them if you have time to google them. 

Results for the year will be released by early August (I am assuming it will reflect a small profit as Blumont forfeited $2.5mil in the company) which should bring short term share price gains.

If I can sell at about 300c in the next 3 months I'll take it, otherwise I am prepared to hold until production begins (hopefully) next year :)

#854 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:44 AM

Yusufm1,
Why the massive leap of faith?
It lost 40% today.
Don't you think there might be further downside?

Edited by yusufm1, 05 July 2014 - 07:49 AM.

#855 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:37 AM

Just bought RSG at a bargain, 181c :D

Yusufm1,
Why the massive leap of faith?
It lost 40% today.
Don't you think there might be further downside?

#856 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

Just bought RSG at a bargain, 181c  :D

This is probably under the wrong thread, sorry. Its a bit bigger than a small cap lol

#857 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

Just bought RSG at a bargain, 181c  :D

#858 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:19 AM

Here is a quote from a March 2014 Moneyweb article regarding SOH:

"The number that retail investors may find interesting is the TNAV figure of R3.41/share, which represents a significant premium to the R1.21/share that the counter is currently being traded at.

While this does look attractive, Moneyweb would draw your attention to the cash position of the business. The group presently reports cash and cash equivalents of some R28.6 million, which would fail to make a real dent in the overdraft figure of R166 million.

With the company only delivering R16 million in cashflow from operations, it is hard for even the most ballsy investors to take a punt on the business based on its TNAV."

Full article is available here: http://www.moneyweb....-ocean-nav-play

Yip I read that article a while back, good cashflow is always important to look at, especially with small caps. However, they are operating at a quick ratio of 1.12 and a current ratio of 2 which is around the usual level that they operate at (even higher than some years). So, I would say (and hope) that they should not experience liquidity problems soon...

#859 Rosh

Rosh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:10 AM

Here is a quote from a March 2014 Moneyweb article regarding SOH:

"The number that retail investors may find interesting is the TNAV figure of R3.41/share, which represents a significant premium to the R1.21/share that the counter is currently being traded at.

While this does look attractive, Moneyweb would draw your attention to the cash position of the business. The group presently reports cash and cash equivalents of some R28.6 million, which would fail to make a real dent in the overdraft figure of R166 million.

With the company only delivering R16 million in cashflow from operations, it is hard for even the most ballsy investors to take a punt on the business based on its TNAV."

Full article is available here: http://www.moneyweb....-ocean-nav-play

#860 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:08 AM

Hey Yusuf...why the interest in SOH? is it just that you have a preference towards small caps (i notice your interest in Morvest etc) or have you done research/valuations that have lead you to your interest. How are you gauging the company?

I did put up some of my research in the forum on 01 Jul 2014 - 10:39 AM

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting