Photo
- - - - -

Small Caps: Which is the Next Ten Bagger?

small caps

• Please log in to reply
1114 replies to this topic

#921 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:03 AM

Agreed!  *thumbs up*

Just bought out the auction  ;)

#922 vlam

vlam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:56 AM

Will be interesting to see how the stock trades today.

Over the next 12-24mths there is lots of upside to WSL as they integrate MacPhail, continue Intibane production and begin to bring Elandspruit online.

At the end of the day Eskom needs all the coal it can get. 

Agreed!  *thumbs up*

#923 vlam

vlam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:55 AM

Sorry I made i mistake here^

HEPS was 11.4cps for 1st 6 months which puts HEPS for second 6 months at only 2.8 - 4.8 cps. However EPS increased dramatically (mainly because of sale of a prospecting right) and full year HEPS did increase marginally from last year.

So wet weather and Eskom issues did possibly hurt 2nd half EPS as The Little Guy said earlier in this thread.

Will still be taking a position this morning but will only hold short-term

Remember the recent Keaton (JSE:KEH) SENS was as follows:

Headline earnings per share for the year ended 31 March 2014 is expected to be more than 150% higher compared with the previous corresponding period.

So from a HEPS perspective it seems that the performance of Keaton is better.  That said - I currently own both Keaton and Wescoal.  Both are bringing a lot of production online and Wescoal has almost zero debt so there is a lot of room for growth.  Keaton's debt doesn't inspire a lot of confidence, but I'm hoping they can lessen their debt easily with their production rampup.  So sure, the trading statement compared to Keaton might seem weak but I think Wescoal is still a good candidate for a long term portfolio.

But yeah, make the trade and you can re-think when the full financials come out.  Keith did a great analysis of Wescoal recently: [link]

(I think Wescoal was still trading at 170c at the time)

#924 TheLittleGuy

TheLittleGuy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:52 AM

HEPS was 11.4cps for 1st 6 months which puts HEPS for second 6 months at only 2.8 - 4.8 cps. However EPS increased dramatically (mainly because of sale of a prospecting right) and full year HEPS did increase marginally from last year.

So wet weather and Eskom issues did possibly hurt 2nd half EPS as The Little Guy said earlier in this thread.

Will be interesting to see how the stock trades today.

Over the next 12-24mths there is lots of upside to WSL as they integrate MacPhail, continue Intibane production and begin to bring Elandspruit online.

At the end of the day Eskom needs all the coal it can get. 

#925 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:31 AM

Trading update

In terms of paragraph 3.4 ( B) of the JSE Limited ("JSE") Listings Requirements, companies are
required to publish a trading statement as soon as they become reasonably certain that the
financial results for the period to be reported on will differ by more than 20% from the previous
corresponding period.

Shareholders are advised that the company expects, with reasonable certainty, that the earnings
per share for the year ended 31 March 2014 to be between 36 and 42 cents per share compared
to 12.5 cents per share for the comparative period and headline earnings for the year ended 31
March 2014 to be between 14 and 16 cents per share compared to 12.2 cents per share for the
comparative period.

Headline earnings per share have been adjusted for an after tax profit on the sale of the
Vlaklaagte Prospecting right.

The financial information on which this trading statement is based has not been reviewed or
reported on by Wescoal`s auditors. The Company`s financial results for the year ended 31 March
2014 are expected to be released on 24 June 2014.

Great update! HEPS was only 11.4 during the first 6 months which puts the last 6 months at between 25 and 31c. Definitely good growth, hope I can enter before the price goes up too much

Edited by yusufm1, 20 June 2014 - 08:32 AM.

#926 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:14 AM

Looking at Diamond Corp...
Anyone with more info on it?
See directors bought shares recently

Making a Loss per share for quite a while now. They have a NAV of 65c (as at end of last 6 month reporting period) which is less than price. Also they issue about 41 million shares at 90c at the end of March this year, which will raise the NAV but decrease the interest of shareholders. But if directors are buying, they probably know something we don't. It's not something I would enter currently but might turn out good in the future....

#927 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:02 AM

WSL trading statement out. Yusuf your thoughts?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

Trading update

In terms of paragraph 3.4 (B) of the JSE Limited ("JSE") Listings Requirements, companies are
required to publish a trading statement as soon as they become reasonably certain that the
financial results for the period to be reported on will differ by more than 20% from the previous
corresponding period.

Shareholders are advised that the company expects, with reasonable certainty, that the earnings
per share for the year ended 31 March 2014 to be between 36 and 42 cents per share compared
to 12.5 cents per share for the comparative period and headline earnings for the year ended 31
March 2014 to be between 14 and 16 cents per share compared to 12.2 cents per share for the
comparative period.

Headline earnings per share have been adjusted for an after tax profit on the sale of the
Vlaklaagte Prospecting right.

The financial information on which this trading statement is based has not been reviewed or
reported on by Wescoal`s auditors. The Company`s financial results for the year ended 31 March
2014 are expected to be released on 24 June 2014.

Great update! HEPS was only 11.4 during the first 6 months which puts the last 6 months at between 25 and 31c. Definitely good growth, hope I can enter before the price goes up too much

#928 Magnet

Magnet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:44 AM

WSL trading statement out. Yusuf your thoughts?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#929 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:10 PM

Looking at Diamond Corp...
Anyone with more info on it?
See directors bought shares recently

#930 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

KEH moving up steadily pre-results. WSL seems to be stuck sub-200. 

Hoping WSL's results are good to justify delaying a trading statement....

Also rebuying MMG at 999c

#931 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

Sold all the MMG I bought yesterday for 5% move.

Re-entering at 999c, target 1100c

Re-entered and sold again at 1079/1080. 3rd time in as many trading days ;)

#932 Mr.Balls

Mr.Balls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:32 PM

Saw volumes of 8,7ml shares... Is that correct?

Yesterday yes, and Wiese keeps buying, he sold out his options 11 Jun = R7.8m. Would like to know how much he still has left

#933 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:47 AM

Re-entered MMG (looking to add more if it falls further), targeting a 10% profit otherwise will hold till after the LDT

Also currently waiting on the next KEH or WSL trading update....

Sold all the MMG I bought yesterday for 5% move.

Re-entering at 999c, target 1100c

#934 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:39 AM

PGL through 400c today..

Saw volumes of 8,7ml shares... Is that correct?

#935 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:29 AM

Ref: WSL

Looking back through their SENS releases & sorry you do get prior trading statements, mainly for interim though, nothing last year however & 2012 was 1 week prior to full year results presentation. They have a new CFO so they may use that as a reason for sailing close to the curve ?

This is the 1st year of full quattro utilization 200,000 tons ave price say $73/ton = a lot - Intibane full year to book - McPhail acquisition so trading should receive a boost economies of scale & all, they did strengthen the trading exco considerably.

It's gonna be a good year make no mistake of it, sit tight & pick up the cheap ones.

I'm in WSL in a big way so I'm biased my glass is overflowing not 1/2 full.... :D

Anyone need a heads up...!

#936 Mr.Balls

Mr.Balls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:15 AM

PGL through 400c today..

#937 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:12 AM

loose cannon punt for sure. cant see them doing anything. Theyre basically broke.

Yep, but I'm a gambling man and let's see if they can pull anyting off.. won't lose sleep if they tank ;)

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#938 Magnet

Magnet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:10 AM

I haven't seen any sell off from the Directors.  I am sure the trading update will be released by the close of this week.  They are always delayed.

#939 TheLittleGuy

TheLittleGuy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:46 AM

Won't be an update never is. Just BAM..!!!! results 

Increased my WSL holding. Holding thumbs for a great update

I am a bit concerned we have not had a Section 3.4 trading update from WSL , indicating that earnings are gong to be up >20%. Given their strong 1H14 results, Intibane fully online and the Macphail acquisition closing in 2H14, WSL should have easily seen Y/Y earnings growth exceeding 20%.

My fears are that the wet weather earlier in the year and Eskom issues have severely hurt the 2nd half of FY14. 

#940 GDP

GDP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:31 AM

PSG-KST?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting