Photo
- - - - -

Small Caps: Which is the Next Ten Bagger?

small caps

• Please log in to reply
1114 replies to this topic

#661 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:07 PM

I took some JASCO at 90c. The comment made by management that they are seeking to sell MTECH will be the catalyst to rerate the stock.  But it must be one of the biggest dogs on the market, having peaked at R10 in 1998. Management should be shot. I just wonder whats their incentive to stay listed?

thanks for the reply ST  :)  I see they have valued that unit at R119 mil which is just less than their market cap. Seems as if a lot is resting on whether they can sell it. I think I will stay out until more news comes out in that regard.

Talking about dogs, I bought some GIJ at 130/135c. Short-term trade only. It is the equivalent of 6.5c in the old pre-consolidated shares so I will look for about 150/160c (8cps) which was the price last Friday. No one else seems to be buying though and volume is very thin. Let's see where this goes... :ph34r:

Edited by yusufm1, 21 January 2015 - 05:08 PM.

#662 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:44 PM

I took some JASCO at 90c. The comment made by management that they are seeking to sell MTECH will be the catalyst to rerate the stock.  But it must be one of the biggest dogs on the market, having peaked at R10 in 1998. Management should be shot. I just wonder whats their incentive to stay listed?

#663 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:38 PM

Sold out half my KBO between 170 and 173c since we are almost 30% higher than the UK price. Will re-enter on the pullback

Almost fully back in at  134c ;) still confident that big news is coming by end of Q1

#664 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:04 PM

Thanks. I somehow missed this one. Apparently MRI are having a roadshow in Cape Town sometime soon. I'm going to try and find out when. I hope that it hasn't happen yet.

Oh and it looks like CVN is issuing shares in order to acquire the 30% Which means that we won't have the chance to sell at 10cps on the market, if that was the hope for CVN picking them up at 10cps. But the value will still have to translate to the market somehow I guess. I'm holding thumbs here :)

Yip they are issuing CVN shares at R2 each. If you do go for MRI's presentation and anything worthwhile comes up, please keep me in the loop ;) will really appreciate it

#665 Trader1

Trader1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:52 PM

"Shareholders are advised that the dates for the fulfilment of the conditions precedent to (i) the

Disposals, Tellumat Acquisition and Private Placement and (ii) the Digicore Acquisition, MRI Acquisition
     and Goliath Gold Acquisition have been extended to 28 February 2015 and 31 March 2015, respectively." - CVN SENS 15/12/2014

I am still confident and holding strong especially after the resolutions being passed. After the actual transactions go through, we will get a sens from MRI stating that CVN has acquired 30% + of securities at the equivalent of 10cps and it is this news that I am hoping will make us move

Thanks. I somehow missed this one. Apparently MRI are having a roadshow in Cape Town sometime soon. I'm going to try and find out when. I hope that it hasn't happen yet.

Oh and it looks like CVN is issuing shares in order to acquire the 30% Which means that we won't have the chance to sell at 10cps on the market, if that was the hope for CVN picking them up at 10cps. But the value will still have to translate to the market somehow I guess. I'm holding thumbs here :) 

#666 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:27 PM

Hey Yusufm1

What's you views on MRI after the special resolutions were passed at the CVN general meeting? I wonder if the acquisition is coming through the market? Anyone know?

"Shareholders are advised that the dates for the fulfilment of the conditions precedent to (i) the

Disposals, Tellumat Acquisition and Private Placement and (ii) the Digicore Acquisition, MRI Acquisition
     and Goliath Gold Acquisition have been extended to 28 February 2015 and 31 March 2015, respectively." - CVN SENS 15/12/2014

I am still confident and holding strong especially after the resolutions being passed. After the actual transactions go through, we will get a sens from MRI stating that CVN has acquired 30% + of securities at the equivalent of 10cps and it is this news that I am hoping will make us move

#667 Trader1

Trader1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:41 PM

Anyone follow Jasco? Coming up to their first interim results after their restructuring and their SP is at its all time low. Will be interesting to see what their next trading statement says (which should be due in about a week). Worth a punt?

Hey Yusufm1

What's you views on MRI after the special resolutions were passed at the CVN general meeting? I wonder if the acquisition is coming through the market? Anyone know?

#668 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:52 AM

Anyone follow Jasco? Coming up to their first interim results after their restructuring and their SP is at its all time low. Will be interesting to see what their next trading statement says (which should be due in about a week). Worth a punt?

Edited by yusufm1, 20 January 2015 - 09:55 AM.

#669 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:24 PM

Good SENS from Kibo. Another possible JV agreement in the bag. Will be interesting to see where it opens on the AIM today

Sold out half my KBO between 170 and 173c since we are almost 30% higher than the UK price. Will re-enter on the pullback

#670 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:17 AM

Good SENS from Kibo. Another possible JV agreement in the bag. Will be interesting to see where it opens on the AIM today

#671 flexbender

flexbender

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:45 PM

My 5 small cap picks - but I am always in for the long haul. Own them all beside adv health.

Rhodes - wish I got in when they listed like I wanted to. Anyway, in now sold my trencor shares

Peregrin - 

GPL - 

ADV health - like the idea but if it works the big boys will just copy them ( with way more resources)  so do not see it lasting long.

Taste - think dominoes could be big - 

Might sell my ARB holdings and buy ADV health.

GPL and TAS are the interesting ones to me...

Firstly I own both. Both were bought as soon as I learned that they were bringing BK and Dominos respectively to SA.

I've spent the last 10 years in the UK while also traveling a lot to the US and believe me these 2 brands are massive internationally. They're everywhere and not just competitive, their food is of a way better quality than competitors.

I would eat a BK burger much rather than McD's. More meaty patty and it just tastes better.

Same goes for Dominos, their pizza variety and amount of toppings and overall quality and service is far superior to any pizza I've had. Their online ordering (and customizing) website is also brilliant.

That's just my opinion.      (haha, i sound like fat fast food addict...lol)

With that said, the evidence of BK's popularity is evident with the roll-out rate of take-ways far exceeding targets. And I believe Dominos will experience the same.

Then comes the further compounding effect of the additional spending money that the SA consumer will have due to low fuel costs - at least for the next 12+ months.

Both these are included in my 5 for 2015.

#672 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:57 AM

My 5
Famous Brands
OneLogix
Calgro
Mix
Mr price

Mix is a bit risky and might struggle due to dropping oil price but it's such a great business the share haa been beat down unfairly in my opinion.

Editing this. Swapping out Mix for APN. In fact I'm more concerned now for MIX given the change in fundamentals (e.g. oil price) affecting their business model. Might reduce my holdings.

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#673 orca

orca

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:14 AM

My best choice in small caps are:

KAP- Oil price
ADI- Fundamentals, prospects
SNV- Best performing stock of 2014 and set to repeat

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#674 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:33 AM

My 5 small cap picks - but I am always in for the long haul. Own them all beside adv health.

Rhodes - wish I got in when they listed like I wanted to. Anyway, in now sold my trencor shares

Peregrin - 

GPL - 

ADV health - like the idea but if it works the big boys will just copy them ( with way more resources)  so do not see it lasting long.

Taste - think dominoes could be big - 

Might sell my ARB holdings and buy ADV health.

#675 Daytrade

Daytrade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 04:16 PM

Sorry I went off thread. That post was in relation to 1 year performance.

But to your question, MPC today is 10x what it was 5 years ago. Is it possible it will be 10x more in 5 years from now? I've no idea but if its even 5x I'd be very happy!

As far as the 1 year goes, the low oil price should give it a nice boost through next year. Nigeria, if it goes to pot due to the oil price might hurt them a bit but they have a relatively small presence there but due to the size of market the share price could see a downward revision due to lowered expectations. 

Hi Gamma, thanks for the feedback.

#676 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:46 AM

Hi Gamma, over what time frame do you think MPC will go X 10 please? Did you buy these years ago?

Sorry I went off thread. That post was in relation to 1 year performance.

But to your question, MPC today is 10x what it was 5 years ago. Is it possible it will be 10x more in 5 years from now? I've no idea but if its even 5x I'd be very happy!

As far as the 1 year goes, the low oil price should give it a nice boost through next year. Nigeria, if it goes to pot due to the oil price might hurt them a bit but they have a relatively small presence there but due to the size of market the share price could see a downward revision due to lowered expectations. 

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#677 Daytrade

Daytrade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:21 AM

My 5
Famous Brands
OneLogix
Calgro
Mix
Mr price

Mix is a bit risky and might struggle due to dropping oil price but it's such a great business the share haa been beat down unfairly in my opinion.

Hi Gamma, over what time frame do you think MPC will go X 10 please? Did you buy these years ago?

#678 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:03 AM

My 5
Famous Brands
OneLogix
Calgro
Mix
Mr price

#679 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:49 PM

Some suggestions on "ten bagger" potential

-Visual

-Wearne

-WCC

-Ansys