• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:48 PM

Anyone else looking at the property REITS, some of them really priced at good levels (way below their NAV, dividend yields etc..) and given the post-Zuma exit, maybe worth adding?

Looking at:

Texton

Arrowhead

Delta

Tower

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#2 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:56 AM

Resilient, Fortress, NepiRock -- is this the time to start nibbling in any of these counters, or are they still too toxic to touch?

Which property company would you guys pick for a med term investment in this sector? Which is the highest quality company and which quality companies are showing value here?

How about Growthpoint?

All thoughts appreciated!

Nothing that trades above its NAV.. and not sure how deep the corruption is at Resilient etc but I'll be wary of them even though the prices looks tempting at these levels

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#3 Spree

Spree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:12 PM

Resilient, Fortress, NepiRock -- is this the time to start nibbling in any of these counters, or are they still too toxic to touch?

Which property company would you guys pick for a med term investment in this sector? Which is the highest quality company and which quality companies are showing value here?

How about Growthpoint?

All thoughts appreciated!

#4 Bullhunter

Bullhunter

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNorthcliff

Posted 09 March 2018 - 07:20 AM

Aaaahhh. How sweet when the top investment is called 3, 4, 5 years in advance.

http://www.biznews.c...-leads-the-way/

Feel free to browse the old forum link below - especially posts like 76915.

http://www.sharechat.../msg/5046/0/20/

The "premium valuation of the [Resilient] companies did not arise from normal market activities, but from deliberate and frequently concealed actions by some of the influential owners".

https://www.business...e-to-resilient/

Kempinski, hope you weren't suckered by Jooste too!

Opportunities are made up easier than losses.

#5 Bullhunter

Bullhunter

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNorthcliff

Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:02 PM

And post 77041 by friend Bullhunter on the old forum (link below)...

Fortress B down almost 50% since December 2017. Said it then and will say it again: Fortress B is among the most overvalued Reits, globally.

Opportunities are made up easier than losses.

#6 Kempinski

Kempinski

• PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 07:59 PM

And post 77041 by friend Bullhunter on the old forum (link below)...

Edited by Kempinski, 31 October 2015 - 08:04 PM.

#7 Kempinski

Kempinski

• PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 07:01 PM

And so I thought it an opportune time to post some old keeper comments, especially posts 77124, 77933 and 83827. Closed R17.00 today.

Aaaahhh. How sweet when the top investment is called 3, 4, 5 years in advance.

http://www.biznews.c...-leads-the-way/

Feel free to browse the old forum link below - especially posts like 76915.

#8 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 01:25 PM

I see Rebosis trading close to its NAV in comparison with the rest of the bigger guns.. anyone looking at this one?

#9 Kempinski

Kempinski

• PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:56 PM

And so I thought it an opportune time to post some old keeper comments, especially posts 77124, 77933 and 83827. Closed R17.00 today.

#10 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:24 PM

They are not sitting still... deal after deal. I'm still adding B's when possible in the 6.50's ... Distributions should be very good going forward as most of the acquisitions actualy improves the expected distributions. <br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9500 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app<br /><br />

Seems the guys from Arrowhead very aggressive, liked the SENS today!

#11 Dust

Dust

• PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

They are not sitting still... deal after deal. I'm still adding B's when possible in the 6.50's ... Distributions should be very good going forward as most of the acquisitions actualy improves the expected distributions. <br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9500 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app<br /><br />

#12 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:55 AM

I see the guys at Arrowhead is on a roll, more acquisitions:

AWB AWA 201403190013A
Acquisition of 22% of the B linked units in Dipula Income Fund Limited ("Dipula") and cautionary announcement

ARROWHEAD PROPERTIES LIMITED
(Incorporated in the Republic of South Africa)
(Registration number 2011/000308/06)
JSE share code: AWA ISIN: ZAE000158101
JSE share code: AWB ISIN: ZAE000158119
(Approved as a REIT by the JSE)
(“Arrowhead”)

ACQUISITION OF 22% OF THE B LINKED UNITS IN DIPULA INCOME FUND LIMITED (“DIPULA”) AND CAUTIONARY ANNOUNCEMENT

Arrowhead has concluded an agreement to acquire 34 543 497 Dipula B linked units (comprising 22% of
Dipula’s B linked units) from Investec Asset Management (the “acquisition”). The acquisition is unconditional
and the purchase price will be discharged by the allotment and issue of 18 826 206 Arrowhead A and 18 826
206 Arrowhead B linked units to Investec Asset Management on or about 27 March 2014.

The transaction is in line with Arrowhead’s strategy of only making distribution enhancing acquisitions and
provides Arrowhead with a strategic stake in, and indirect exposure to, Dipula’s R3.75 billion portfolio of
commercial and retail properties that Arrowhead considers complementary to its own portfolio.

The acquisition is a category 2 transaction in terms of the JSE Listings Requirements. The financial effects of
the acquisition are still in the process of being finalised and Arrowhead linked unitholders are advised to
exercise caution when dealing in their linked units until they have been announced.

19 March 2014

#13 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

Added some Arrowhead B shares this week @ 6.51 . Vivend announcement seems to have hurt a bit.. dunno why because Arrowhead is adding props that are enhancing future distributions. The company also getting to a decent size now... looking good!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

I agree, and at their current price (AWB at R6.70) and based on last dividend(R0.151 x 4 quarters) you get around 9% return just on divi's?

#14 Dust

Dust

• PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:08 AM

Added some Arrowhead B shares this week @ 6.51 . Vivend announcement seems to have hurt a bit.. dunno why because Arrowhead is adding props that are enhancing future distributions. The company also getting to a decent size now... looking good!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#15 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:59 PM

Added some Fortress A and CPL to my holdings this week..

#16 Dust

Dust

• PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:10 PM

Well done Arrowhead! A & B units now on same distribution! Soon B's to be converted to A's - I see still a discount to be had there :D

#17 Dust

Dust

• PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:06 PM

Yep, bought some Acucap at R39.60.. I'm in the Prop counters for the longer term... buying & selling to better position during ups & downs.

Had to watch cash flow and did not add to my Arrowhead A & B's.. could have made a bit there.

#18 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:00 PM

Property counters giving up some of the recovery of the last few days :(

Hope you bought in some.. got some Redefines at R9,19 while back, also topped up my Arrowhead B holding!

Refer Moonrakers earlier quote, property is long term bet so don't worry about short term volitility, just top up as it dips!

#19 Dust

Dust

• PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:47 AM

Property counters giving up some of the recovery of the last few days :(

#20 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:05 AM

Also took a (relatively) large chunk of FFA before tomorrow's results (short term trade using CFDs). A 5% move will work wonders on my portfolio. I'm expecting better than average results but you never know  :unsure:

Here we go ;)

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting