#41 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:53 AM

Interesting read on Moneyweb today:

http://www.moneyweb....erty-exposure-2

Sure property won't give you 30% or more return per year, but currently if you take Arrowhead B for instance, with current share price of R6,25 and dividends around 53c for the past year, you get roughly around 8% return on your investment just in dividends excl capital appreciation(which currently not gonna happen as the market runs) which still in my books not bad, or am I missing something here?

Edit: when others are fearful, be greedy.. (hmm, who said that first here on sharenet, can't remember..)

Edited by Goliath, 03 February 2014 - 09:57 AM.

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#42 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:20 AM

I'm very heavy in property at moment so definitely hurting, wish I could've topped them up now! :rolleyes:

We in the same boat mate  :blink:

#43 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

Pain for sure, but I think the bond market has discounted at least another ½% repo rate increase. In view of that I think 

further downside in local listed property will be limited. Offshore property counters like RPL and NEP are great Rand Hedges

and actually went up a little today. 

It's so unfair, this close correlation between bonds and listed property. Take RES, which released a trading statement a few days ago

anticipating a 17% - 19% increase in distributions compared to the 6 month period a year ago.

I'm very heavy in property at moment so definitely hurting, wish I could've topped them up now! :rolleyes:

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#44 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:09 AM

http://www.sharenet....29152900&seq=30

Capital Property Fund - Provisional Summarised Audited Consolidated Financial Statements For The Year Ended 31 December 2013

Current Market Price: 970cps

NAV: 1031cps

Discount to NAV: 61/1031*100= 5.92%

Earnings per Share: 238.12cps

HEPS: 163.34cps

PE ratio: 970/238.12 = 4.07

Distributions per share: 75.62cps

Distribution yield: 75.62/970*100= 7.8%

(Self-compiled the ratios and extracted figures from results, so may be errors in my calculations)

So, it has basically a dividend yield of 7.8%, not bad at all. That alone justifies the share to trade at a premium to its NAV and not a discount which it is currently doing (5.92% discount). 

But this is now the most incomprehensible part: Its PE ratio is 4.07. You'll be hard pressed to find any other dividend paying company that is trading at such a low PE currently.

From a purely fundamentals viewpoint, I would say that it should be trading at a PE of 8 or more which is more than double the current share price. 

This is happening with other Listed Property Companies as well (e.g. RDF, GRT, etc) because of its link to the bond market, and changing interest rate, but these companies are fundamentally excellent and their current share prices just don't add up.....

#45 Moonraker

Moonraker

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationGeorge

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:50 PM

Saw a lot of the Property Companies prices go down a bit, wonder how today's rate increase will effect on these share prices further..? :huh:

Added some Arrowhead B shares to portfolio, watching Redefine and Growthpoint..

Pain for sure, but I think the bond market has discounted at least another ½% repo rate increase. In view of that I think 

further downside in local listed property will be limited. Offshore property counters like RPL and NEP are great Rand Hedges

and actually went up a little today. 

It's so unfair, this close correlation between bonds and listed property. Take RES, which released a trading statement a few days ago

anticipating a 17% - 19% increase in distributions compared to the 6 month period a year ago.

#46 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

FFA definitely looks good after todays trading statement, big increase in distributions. Going to do some more research but it looks good at 1400c. I would appreciate your views on it if you have the chance  :)

Saw a lot of the Property Companies prices go down a bit, wonder how today's rate increase will effect on these share prices further..? :huh:

Added some Arrowhead B shares to portfolio, watching Redefine and Growthpoint..

#47 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

Not familiar with CPL.. Gonna add some RDF tomorrow, also might add some to my MIX stocks as the exchange could boost them as it currently sits.. Me thinks!

FFA definitely looks good after todays trading statement, big increase in distributions. Going to do some more research but it looks good at 1400c. I would appreciate your views on it if you have the chance  :)

Edited by yusufm1, 28 January 2014 - 05:07 PM.

#48 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

Not familiar with CPL.. Gonna add some RDF tomorrow, also might add some to my MIX stocks as the exchange could boost them as it currently sits.. Me thinks!

#49 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

Little bit of a dip, might get in if it goes down even further, tempted.. will need to sell a kidney or something but will manage ;)

Bought at 900c this morning :huh:

Also have a long on CPL at 975c and looking for a GRT position at 2250c

#50 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:08 PM

RDF trading very close to NAV as opposed to other property shares which are trading between a 30-50% premium.

It's my punt, followed by GRT at sub-2400c

Little bit of a dip, might get in if it goes down even further, tempted.. will need to sell a kidney or something but will manage ;)

#51 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:26 PM

RDF trading very close to NAV as opposed to other property shares which are trading between a 30-50% premium.

It's my punt, followed by GRT at sub-2400c

#52 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

SA prop market had a quite 2013 but showing some signs of recovery. Personally I like shopping centres VS office/ industrial. And prefer the "super regional" shopping centres. For me Hyprop (cent. city) Growthpoint (water front) - of course the both have other centres, but those are gems.

Overseas I have done very well with Redefine International - decent divi in pence. has run VERY hard in the last few weeks - so might not be an ideal time to buy.

#53 Future Warren Buffet

Future Warren Buffet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:48 PM

Hi guys :)

I am quite keen on investing in the property sector because there are quite a few advantages. ie. Relatively safe investing; Dividends that are free from taxing etc.

Is this the right time to go in on property and also, if it is the right time, which property stocks would be the best to buy?

Future Warren Buffett ;)

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting