79 replies to this topic

#41 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:35 AM

Very surprised by the market reaction (just hit 100c) after the "weak" IPO take up.

PS: the volumes are low.

Edited by Shi, 26 May 2014 - 09:36 AM.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#42 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:25 AM

Positive opening but the volumes are low (as expected).

Yep, decided to take a small holding.. don't expect this one to perform exceptionally within the next 12 months but perhaps we could see another Calgro?

Edited by Goliath, 23 May 2014 - 09:28 AM.

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#43 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:06 AM

Positive opening but the volumes are low (as expected).

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#44 Mokhachane

Mokhachane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBloemfontein, Freestate

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:30 AM

A little word on Visual...i did some asking from a trusted source at Arcay (their advisors)...ofcourse as advisors they can only discuss info that is already public so he says:

" He met the board and the CEO. They have made tons of cash from this so I definitely think it’s worth it....the middle income property market is very lucrative at this time in SA and should garner a lot of interest. The reason it didn’t raise the full amount is because the institutional investors don’t really like small caps and are very weary of residential property investments as they are quite risky. But you know what they say…”high risk high reward”

So, like Saints and Shi have mentioned...and we should emphasize - this one is for the LONG TERM...

Check the "New Listings" thread...lets see how much info we can dig out before Quantum Foods lists in October...they say it'll be a good one

#45 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:30 AM

Thanks to all below for clarifying the details of this IPO. A point taken is that this for the long term investor and may be an initial slow mover.

Do any of you know what happens to the free float shares that were not subscribed for? Am I correct in assuming that these shares are held by the company and its directors and will be part of what may be offered on the open market when the share lists?

#46 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:24 AM

You guys sound right - ignore my previous post. I had a look at the prospectus and it states the following:

- Minimum investment 10,000 shares = R5,000

- Company valuation R126,479,388

- Total number of shares on listing 255,458,775

- Free float shares 66,000,000 (26%)

The total number of shares on listing is lower versus forecast (211m vs 255m). Free float will be around 11% - thus illiquid?

All in all, a very disappointing IPO.

Edited by Shi, 20 May 2014 - 10:24 AM.

#47 Mokhachane

Mokhachane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:04 AM

The way I interpret it is that:

1) They were looking to sell 66,000,000 shares

2) They only sold 22,301,021 shares

3) They needed to sell a minimum of 7,200,000 

4) Their minimum was therefore reached, but they are not fully subscribed

Thats right dominant...their website ( www.visualinternational.co.za) says "Visual intends to raise R33 million prior to listing on the AltX, through the issue of 66,000,000 new shares at 50 cents per share. This will unlock the nextarrow-10x10.pngchapter of its growth path with the capital raised applied to fast-tracking its plans at its flagship Stellendale Village development in Kuils River, Cape Town. "

You guys might wana check out the website, gives a bit of view and feel for the company.

#48 dominant

dominant

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationPaarl

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:51 AM

The way I interpret it is that:

1) They were looking to sell 66,000,000 shares

2) They only sold 22,301,021 shares

3) They needed to sell a minimum of 7,200,000 

4) Their minimum was therefore reached, but they are not fully subscribed

Cash is a fact, EPS is an opinion.

#49 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:05 AM

I think it means the 11 million was over and above the 66 million. If so, then I'm surprised that they allocated these in full. Does this kind of thing happen often?

Not sure how the liquidity is going to work on this one. If you buy 7.2 million shares, you in it for the long haul. This isn't a pump and dump kind of scenario. That's how I see it.

#50 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:50 PM

Ok so help me understand here. The target was to raise R33 million through the issue of 66 million shares.R11 million was raised through the issue of 22 million odd shares therefore the IPO was not oversubscribed! Do we read this as a lack of interest in the share? It looks like I will get my full application in the IPO but let's hope the share is liquid enough to spark a rise in the price

#51 Mokhachane

Mokhachane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:27 AM

Finally some news...

LISTING OF VISUAL AND RESULTS OF OFFER 

The Company is pleased to advise that the transfer of Erf 24258 Kuils River was finalised 
on 16 May 2014. The Company has now met all the requirements in order to proceed 
with the listing of the company on 23 May 2014. 

Following the intended listing announcement published on 7 March 2014 detailing an 
offer of 66 000 000 shares at 50 cents per share, with a minimum subscription of 
7 200 000 shares, the directors of Visual are pleased to advise that the JSE Limited has 
approved the listing of 211 759 796 ordinary shares on the AltX under the abbreviated 
name “VISUAL” and ISIN ZAE000187407. The listing of the shares on AltX will 
become effective from the commencement of business on Friday, 23 May 2014. 

The minimum subscription of 7 200 000 shares at 50 cents per share as detailed in the 
Prospectus dated 3 March 2014, has been exceeded with over 320 applications being 
received for 22 301 021 shares, raising R11 150 510.50. The applications were allocated 
in full. 

Two deposits were received without applications and these funds are held in trust and 
will be refunded once the depositors have been identified. 

By order of the Board 
Johannesburg 
19 May 2014 

I'm still interested despite their delay flop...
Anyone know why companies always choose to list on Fridays?

#52 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:25 AM

Finally ... http://www.sharenet....19105800&seq=29 ... the listing of the shares on AltX will
become effective from the commencement of business on Friday, 23 May 2014.

#53 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:15 AM

I have always believed in striking when the iron is hot and that the early bird catches the worm particularly when it comes to dealing in shares and in particular with new listings that show potential. You might find very little interest in this share which will affect the liquidity unless they use some PR to reignite interest in the market. I am not sure if we can go back on our application those that applied during the IPO just sit and wait patiently. I am surprised at the length of time it is taking as from my experience a clearance certificate is a fairly quick processs unless there are other underlying reasons we have not been informed of.

#54 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:47 PM

Still nothing? Surely a clearance certificate should not take this long.

This is embarrassing - I would expect a fall in the share price once they do start trading.

Must admit I agree, would've thought they'd sorted this by now or at least given updates etc..

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#55 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:02 PM

Still nothing? Surely a clearance certificate should not take this long.

This is embarrassing - I would expect a fall in the share price once they do start trading.

#56 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:49 AM

Any news on listing date?

#57 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:20 AM

Thanks Goliath for setting the scene, living in Jhb I am not too familiar with the Stellenbosch area so your input is very useful. I received an invitation to the IPO via PSG and as we know PSG are Stellenbosch-based and my thinking is if there is anyone that can see value it is PSG.

if you saw the posting abut PSG Konsult's listing in June (new listings thread) you will now be thinking about how much you want to put into Visual when PSG Konsult is around the corner. Not saying I am backing out of Visual but PSG Konsutl has been a long time coming and the market always responds well to anything associated with PSG so need to consider how to split my funds.

Oh yes and added that PSG is also in the mix helps! :)

#58 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:57 AM

Thanks Goliath for setting the scene, living in Jhb I am not too familiar with the Stellenbosch area so your input is very useful. I received an invitation to the IPO via PSG and as we know PSG are Stellenbosch-based and my thinking is if there is anyone that can see value it is PSG.

if you saw the posting abut PSG Konsult's listing in June (new listings thread) you will now be thinking about how much you want to put into Visual when PSG Konsult is around the corner. Not saying I am backing out of Visual but PSG Konsutl has been a long time coming and the market always responds well to anything associated with PSG so need to consider how to split my funds.

#59 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:24 PM

Anyone know how long a rates clearance certificate takes to be issued? If I recall when I sold a property last year not long. I have looked at Safari's listing, open at R7.52 now trading around R8.50 (up 13%) after spiking at R10. Visual have chosen a much lower price for the IPO, just hope it does not characterise a penny stock. The question is whether to list a lower price to encourage liquidity or a higher price.

Not usually that long, especially that these guys are pushing for listing they'll be on it like a fat kid on a cupcake!

I'll take a nipple out of this one a bit later to see how it rolls, prediction is that it will also shoot up and then later cool down again.. only real reason I'll take a punt is the area (Stellendale Village) was normally a sore spot but recent years have expanded quite well with the Zevenwacht mall and other industrial sites PLUS being not too far from Stellenbosch, know a lot of people who drive in from that side to Stellenbosch as the properties for normal working class guy unaffordable in Stellenbosch. We'll that's my reasoning to give it a punt :)

#60 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:54 AM

Anyone know how long a rates clearance certificate takes to be issued? If I recall when I sold a property last year not long. I have looked at Safari's listing, open at R7.52 now trading around R8.50 (up 13%) after spiking at R10. Visual have chosen a much lower price for the IPO, just hope it does not characterise a penny stock. The question is whether to list a lower price to encourage liquidity or a higher price.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting