• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#101 Mr_SA

Mr_SA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:55 PM

Any thoughts on the Alexander Forbes listing for 24th July?

Probably a good one towards your retirement fund!

#102 Safrican

Safrican

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationLyford Cay.

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:29 PM

Thank you for your time and I will thank you for mine. - Rodriguez

#103 Safrican

Safrican

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationLyford Cay.

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:29 PM

#104 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:27 AM

FREEDOM PROPERTY FUND

http://www.sharenet....605070500&seq=1 

Listing date (09:00) on                                                                Thursday, 12 June

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#105 vlam

vlam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:28 PM

Anyone got wind when in June PSG Konsult will list? Have to devise a careful strategy here as the OTC market has already priced this share quite high from a PE perspective. From what I read into it they want to establish a shareholder base to in future raise capital for further growth and in the style of PSG rights offers are the norm so a chance to buy shares at a discount to the price. Coronation have certainly setup the benchmark for this sector so it will be interesting to see if PSG Konsult lives up to that example

Listing in June.  OTC trading will be suspended 30 May.

Source: [Letter to shareholders, today, 20 May 2014]

#106 Safrican

Safrican

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationLyford Cay.

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:32 PM

Heads up...

...a tweet from anthony clark today...that guy knows what he's talking about...

"Told that Quantum Foods (the Agri spring off from Pioneer) will list on the JSE in October. I'm watching this closely as it may be a winner."

That will be one to watch indeed.

Thanks for sharing.

:)

#107 Mokhachane

Mokhachane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBloemfontein, Freestate

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:58 AM

Heads up...

...a tweet from anthony clark today...that guy knows what he's talking about...

"Told that Quantum Foods (the Agri spring off from Pioneer) will list on the JSE in October. I'm watching this closely as it may be a winner."

#108 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:33 AM

Anyone got wind when in June PSG Konsult will list? Have to devise a careful strategy here as the OTC market has already priced this share quite high from a PE perspective. From what I read into it they want to establish a shareholder base to in future raise capital for further growth and in the style of PSG rights offers are the norm so a chance to buy shares at a discount to the price. Coronation have certainly setup the benchmark for this sector so it will be interesting to see if PSG Konsult lives up to that example

#109 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:31 AM

#110 Safrican

Safrican

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationLyford Cay.

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:36 PM

So the AVL listing proves to be a great success ....

... roll on PSG Konsult in June.

B)

http://www.financial...ng-in-on-advice

#111 Safrican

Safrican

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationLyford Cay.

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:35 PM

So the AVL listing proves to be a great success ....

... roll on PSG Konsult in June.

B)

#112 SB45

SB45

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGauteng

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:09 AM

Mokhachane,I am staying away because of the hype for now and just to see after the profit takers are done what the share will settle at. Picked up GLN at R50 after the hype was done, picked up Attacq at R16.15, after the hype was done as well. So I will see. Certainly not saying that they are a bad business, I just think my R8.40/s would be best put elsewhere at this stage and not Safari

#113 Safrican

Safrican

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationLyford Cay.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:07 PM

Does this disqualify it as a good listing? It sounds like they were delayed because of something that was beyond their control...they were probably expecting to have had clearance by that time...

Am i missing something?

Not at all Mokhachane, it's still a worthwhile share to hold I believe, but I have not seen this problem before, certainly not in the last 8 years of IPO's and it's a little disconcerting that they were unaware that not all requirements were met. 

I would expect Visual to re attempt to list in late May and will re evaluate my position then ... but I still think it's a good long term share to hold.

#114 Mokhachane

Mokhachane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:54 PM

If i may ask why else are you staying away SB45...besides the price spike?

Their Swakopmund project sounds good...

#115 Mokhachane

Mokhachane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:50 PM

I am quite surprised that Visual International did not dot all the "i's" and cross all their "t's" before official listing ... so Advanced Health gets my IPO purchase for April.

Does this disqualify it as a good listing? It sounds like they were delayed because of something that was beyond their control...they were probably expecting to have had clearance by that time...

Am i missing something?

#116 Mokhachane

Mokhachane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:45 PM

Hi guys,

Is there a specific way to post links?

i have failed again...does a simple copy and paste not work?

On my last post i meant to post a link to an article Marc Hassenfus wrote about Curro but it failed...

Here it is below:

http://www.bdlive.co...chool-expansion

#117 Mokhachane

Mokhachane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:42 PM

Mokhachane not meaning to doubt you in any way but where did you read that Advanced Health will be a another potential Curro in other words a potential 10 bagger.

As I work in healthcare I evaluated this share and knowing some of the underlying issues in healthcare in this county had my doubts on whether this one will take off. I also had reservations about some of the cash being invested in Australia when SA's healthcare system desperately needs it not first world Australia. 

Don't let me put you and some of the others off but please share any info you have. 

Hi Saint,

No hard feelings...

Marc Hassenfus is a financial journo whose writings i've found to be useful.

He's got a bit of insight into Curro ("Is new listing Advanced Health the 'Curro' of the private health sector?" on his twitter account...along with that he had posted a link to the SENS they released (http://data.moneyweb.co.za/moneyweb/sharedata/scripts/sens.asp?id=230040)...

It failed to show on my last post...

I'm looking out for any news on them but all i've read just seems to be opinion at this point

#118 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:39 PM

There will be no unissued shares offered in other words no IPO. PSG will retain 63% with the rest management and staff that were previously traded OTC. See the article iol.co.za/business/companies on PSG Konsult where PSG Konsult will list but is not looking for new investors.

The question is whether to buy when it lists and that maybe at a premium or to continue to hold PSG shares and derive the benefits of the listing through this share. One must be careful not to buy something that may be subject to being over-priced due t o the hype around the listing. A tricky one!

PSG already up 2.5% probably on this news!

#119 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:38 PM

There will be no unissued shares offered in other words no IPO. PSG will retain 63% with the rest management and staff that were previously traded OTC. See the article iol.co.za/business/companies on PSG Konsult where PSKKonsult will list but is not looking for new investors.

The question is whether to buy when it lists and that maybe at a premium or to continue to hold PSG shares and derive the benefits of the listing through this share. One must be careful not to buy something that may be subject to being over-priced due t o the hype around the listing. A tricky one!

#120 michaessers

michaessers

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:57 PM

Help please. Is it possible to buy shares pre-listing?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting