#2 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:24 PM

@yusufm1, what I mean is the following:

FY results had HEPS at 4.2, the 1H HEPS was  6.4 which means the 2H was negative.

PS: EPS was 0.1 lower than HEPS for both figures.

Yip, sorry you are correct. I did a calculation a while back (which I forgot about :ph34r: ), they made a R7.4 million loss in the 2nd half of 2014.

Edited by yusufm1, 11 September 2014 - 12:26 PM.

#3 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:07 PM

@yusufm1, what I mean is the following:

FY results had HEPS at 4.2, the 1H HEPS was  6.4 which means the 2H was negative.

PS: EPS was 0.1 lower than HEPS for both figures.

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#4 Hotstix

Hotstix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:27 AM

Iron prices have dropped by more than 10% in the past six months as demand for steel very low around the world.

This practically means that with no infrastructure spend taking place and high steel stock BSS will have to move stocks at extremely low margins.
Notwithstanding above a few branches in Africa have been closed (Mozambique, DRC & Ghana)

#5 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:12 AM

Negative trading update (earnings lower by more than 20%) even before the period has ended . Surprised there hasn't been some decline this morning in the share price.

Was the second half of the last FY negative earnings?

No, it has been steadily growing for a couple years now, until the latest trading statement.

Seems as if Mr Perry has been doing the right thing by selling his shares....  :rolleyes:

The fact that they are announcing a minimum 20% drop in earnings for the period ending 30 September before the period has even ended makes me think that it will be a much larger than a 20% drop

We will see 30cps soon I believe

Edited by yusufm1, 11 September 2014 - 09:16 AM.

#6 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:05 AM

Negative trading update (earnings lower by more than 20%) even before the period has ended . Surprised there hasn't been some decline this morning in the share price.

Was the second half of the last FY negative earnings?

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#7 longterm413

longterm413

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:05 AM

Why is Ivan Clark not picking up all the scraps? He was a huge buyer at one time higher up..

Or has he left the company as well or just lost faith in it??

His power to buy normally moves share prices

Very true... Maybe his focus is on chemspec at the moment... Or he's just waiting for a turn in the steel industry.

#8 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:02 AM

Why is Ivan Clark not picking up all the scraps? He was a huge buyer at one time higher up..

Or has he left the company as well or just lost faith in it??

His power to buy normally moves share prices

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#9 Hotstix

Hotstix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:31 PM

William Batterrshield (now CEO and Chair) came back to run BSI when Craig left, . Grant stepped down as CEO and Ross also gone.
BTW: Craig owns the 2nd largest shareholding after William
"Craig apparently on a sabbatical '

#10 longterm413

longterm413

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:37 PM

Craig Perry no longer in the steel industry or at BSI.

Agreement done that he sells his shares gradually. If he dumps his total shares in the market the price will collapse

Regards

The insider

Any idea how many shares Mr Parry still holds? If not, I will calculate this sometime so we know when the selling will stop.

#11 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:30 PM

Hotstix, are you sure about that? The SENS does state the following:

"Name of director:                      Mr Craig Parry
Designation:                           Executive director of BSI"

#12 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:16 PM

Could they not have found a buyer for the whole happy lot then?

#13 Hotstix

Hotstix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:29 AM

Craig Perry no longer in the steel industry or at BSI.

Agreement done that he sells his shares gradually. If he dumps his total shares in the market the price will collapse

Regards
The insider

#14 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:08 AM

if he keeps on selling at 40c, other sellers are going to push the price lower.

That's true. He started at 50 initially I think and the price has just continued to drop from there. I won't enter until he stops selling....

#15 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:29 AM

if he keeps on selling at 40c, other sellers are going to push the price lower.

#16 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:53 AM

No clue why he is selling. But the small amounts is because there's very small bids in. And I don't think he wants to sell at much lower than 40c

#17 Bossie940

Bossie940

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:33 AM

Why would Mr Parry sell off shares in small amount every day this week?

Bossie

#18 Procrastinator

Procrastinator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:53 AM

Numsa strike, prob the cause of the sell off, tools down next week.
Maybe this one will bounce if strike averted.
Where did those damn 10 baggers go?

#19 longterm413

longterm413

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:05 PM

It's just the one director is it not? I don't mind them selling as then there's more shares held by the general market. Their directors hold most of the shares which is good from an agency point of view but restricts the volume traded

Actually you right. Mr Craig Perry seems to be letting go of his holdings. Some one should find out why? No one quite understands why this share continues to tumble.

I wouldn't read much into Parry selling his shares. He's been doing it since 2012 despite the company's ever improving performance. I hope he continues to sell, I'd like the price to drop further so I can get in at like 40 and then sell a few months later at 90

#20 Magnet

Magnet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:45 PM

It's just the one director is it not? I don't mind them selling as then there's more shares held by the general market. Their directors hold most of the shares which is good from an agency point of view but restricts the volume traded

Actually you right.  Mr Craig Perry seems to be letting go of his holdings.  Some one should find out why?  No one quite understands why this share continues to tumble.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting