49 replies to this topic

#41 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:23 PM

Thanks Shrewed, I have added this one to my watchlist. My only reservation with Namibia is that there are so few people that live there. Yes it is a large country but it certainly does not have the population that the surrounding countries have so hence the limit to the number of the transactions.

#42 Shrewed

Shrewed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:16 AM

Keep an eye on TTO:SJ as well. They are in unsecured lending and insurance in Namibia - know unsecured lending is far from the flavor of the month, but it is a sound company and in the process of acquiring a banking license which means way cheaper funding. Similar to finbond. Keep an eye on sens. Will be announced soon

#43 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:07 AM

You are right there is a new management in place and this is why I am watching the share closely as I believe they are moving the company in the right direction from previously supplying airline food to now agricultural products and particularly in markets outside of South Africa.

They are in the right space I believe but it has been nothing but bad news from this company as the new management try and turn this ship around. The SENS from the last year or so will illustrate this for you. I have not laid out any money on the table yet though I do think you can pick shares for a steal as the price swings within a range between 27c and 33c. I have my eye on this one and the minute something positive comes out it could be a winner. - next set of results possibly?

#44 JLFB

JLFB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:32 AM

Great idea but lets keep these thread strictly to shares and not CFDs as that may confuse the matter. ALSI I see you gave an example of blue chip shares but I would like to say that I have some small caps that I am watching closely - Ububele and Wesizwe.

Wesizwe recently moved over 40% in one week as it started moving off its low.

Any info on Ububele? I know there is new management in place.  

#45 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:24 AM

Great idea but lets keep these thread strictly to shares and not CFDs as that may confuse the matter. ALSI I see you gave an example of blue chip shares but I would like to say that I have some small caps that I am watching closely - Ububele and Wesizwe.

Wesizwe recently moved over 40% in one week as it started moving off its low.

#46 Godfather

Godfather

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:36 PM

That's why it is not on "Todays CFD Call" and on a separate thread

#47 Joebanker

Joebanker

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationKZN

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:56 PM

It's a good idea, but is that not what the 'Today's CFD call' thread is for?

#48 Godfather

Godfather

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:50 PM

Good idea. What about the opposite as we'll.

Share that have risen due to reasons not entirely related to itself that are setting itself up for a short.

#49 longterm413

longterm413

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:16 PM

I thought I'd start a new thread dedicated to shares that will make dramatic comebacks after dropping i.e. For buying on the dip.
What am I on about? For example two weeks Vodacom dropped 10% as MTN released poor results. Last week they came back 7%.
Using CFDs/options/warrants you could easily make 100% or close to it. So in this thread hopefully most of us will post about these types of shares.

What do you think?

Great idea. Naspers link to tencent is another example.

#50 alsi_speculator

alsi_speculator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:11 PM

I thought I'd start a new thread dedicated to shares that will make dramatic comebacks after dropping i.e. For buying on the dip.

What am I on about? For example two weeks Vodacom dropped 10% as MTN released poor results. Last week they came back 7%.

Using CFDs/options/warrants you could easily make 100% or close to it.  So in this thread hopefully most of us will post about these types of shares.

What do you think?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting