26 replies to this topic

#1 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:26 PM

Unfortunately this share traded OTC for a long time and prior to listing the hype was created whilst it traded OTC. After listing the market has reacted by trading it down to realistic levels.

This is not a bad punt it just one you have treat very carefully because of its prior OTC trade but it may take a little longer to bottom out and then start climbing depending on the financial results and any corporate action.

#2 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:26 PM

Unfortunately this share traded OTC for a long time and prior to listing the hype was created whilst it traded OTC. After listing the market has reacted by trading it down to realistic levels.

This is not a bad punt it just one you have treat very carefully because of its prior OTC trade but it may take a little longer to bottom out and then start climbing depending on the financial results and any corporate action.

#3 McEdama

McEdama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg (RSA)

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:25 AM

I got in @ 7.75 albeit a small %, what should one do here? hold / bite the bullet / add more? I'm 10% down...this was just a punt gone bad after I missed out on Advanced Health...

#4 McEdama

McEdama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:09 PM

I've noticed this share drpos on very thin volume, not as liquid as I thought, can go anywhere @ this rate...some bought it @ 8.23 on 1st day of listing.. .

#5 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

Not a lot of data available so used an estimated eps of 29c and got a PE around 24 using 700c as the price. If the eps goes through 29c which I expect it will the share could start trading at more realistic levels particularly if the price does drop further before the results are announced. I would expect that after the next set of results the price would have settled and provide a platform for the share price to grow.

Anyone have any updated data to use for the PE calculation

#6 HendrikB

HendrikB

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:18 AM

Whats the current PE?

#7 Mokhachane

Mokhachane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBloemfontein, Freestate

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:07 AM

Looks like this share is to dip below R7 soon. Not a reflection of the company but more of the hype created of the listing of this company in the past. Soon it will be trading at PE more reflective of the sector. I do expect a good set of results later this year but the price may not move as the PE is still adjusting downwards. Still a while before a good time to get in unless some corporate activity changes that

Ofcourse...it was trading around 650c OTC before the hype started...those would be the good levels to get it in at

#8 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:53 AM

Looks like this share is to dip below R7 soon. Not a reflection of the company but more of the hype created of the listing of this company in the past. Soon it will be trading at PE more reflective of the sector. I do expect a good set of results later this year but the price may not move as the PE is still adjusting downwards. Still a while before a good time to get in unless some corporate activity changes that

#9 Safrican

Safrican

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationLyford Cay.

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:01 PM

Pleased I waited ... and I will wait some more ...

Thank you for your time and I will thank you for mine. - Rodriguez

#10 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:17 PM

Yep. Classic case of buy the rumour sell the news

CML have set the benchmark for this sector and although I admire any company from the PSG stable Konsult are going to find it difficult to buck the trend. The share price is declining as Konsult moves towards the PE closer to that of CML . As I pointed out the hype occurred whilst the share traded OTC and the rumors of a listing were confirmed. Konsult will do extremely well in the future no doubt but it is a reality check needed at the moment

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#11 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:34 PM

CML have set the benchmark for this sector and although I admire any company from the PSG stable Konsult are going to find it difficult to buck the trend. The share price is declining as Konsult moves towards the PE closer to that of CML . As I pointed out the hype occurred whilst the share traded OTC and the rumors of a listing were confirmed. Konsult will do extremely well in the future no doubt but it is a reality check needed at the moment

#12 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:05 PM

The hype occurred a while back when the share traded OTC. What we are seeing now is the start of the pull-back and the share price retreating. The PE is high!

Its also worth pointing out the their market cap is currently approx a third of CMLs.

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#13 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:32 PM

The hype occurred a while back when the share traded OTC. What we are seeing now is the start of the pull-back and the share price retreating. The PE is high!

#14 McEdama

McEdama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:45 PM

So much for the hype, this dead cat barely moved the past 3 days, kicking myself for switching position from SGL @ 25.13 to have a stab at this... :-(

#15 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:56 AM

Looks like investors are happy to let the share trade at a PE of 40. Coronation trades around PE 23 so either investors are considering future earnings or the price may dip eventually.

#16 Safrican

Safrican

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationLyford Cay.

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:39 PM

Agreed.

As much as I want to get in on this one and will do so, I will wait for the hysteria to settle first.

650 seems reasonable for LT to me.

Thank you for your time and I will thank you for mine. - Rodriguez

#17 Bossie940

Bossie940

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:28 PM

Thanks for the info will handle with care

Bossie

#18 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:42 AM

As I understand it the current shares that were trading OTC will be dematerialised and thus enabled to be traded on the JSE. Thus there will be no listing price just a case of trading picking up where it left off. The last price traded was R7.45 so expect anything depending on the enthusiasm of guys wanting to get in. It may take a while before the price stabilises and the market deals with the high PE of this share. 

#19 Bossie940

Bossie940

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:41 AM

I see the listing is the 18 June does anybody know what the listing price is going to be?

Bossie

#20 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:51 PM

Absolutely agree Boerboel and will be treading with caution too. At the back of my mind is a rights offer and getting left behind and not buying at R7. I have looked at the trading history of PSG Konsult and the rise in price to R7 from R5 was centered around a great set of results and the news of the listing which has resulted in a 35PE. Unfortunately this is a PSG share and hype around this company does drive a high PE. Have a look at some millstone dates below :
30/05/14 - 745
14/03/14 - 600
02/01/14 - 520
03/06/13 - 297

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting