83 replies to this topic

#21 orca

orca

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:58 PM

Forgot to add their Rombat factory in Romania. They have a foot in Europe, South Africa and intend to expand into 3 more continents by 2019.

Perhaps the decline in the stock price is due to the proximity of their Turkey factory to Syria and Iraq.

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#22 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:27 PM

Historically it comes out from 06 March to 25 March.

She is trading below all her indicators and seems to be shedding off the sellers now. Perhaps a bottom here?? 

If the results are bad then I will dump her as well but I doubt it as Mutlu has better results in winter due to high battery sales. This winter has been rather mild in Europe.

Pity as I really thought MTA was my 10 bagger for long term.

Edited by Orca, 17 February 2015 - 02:28 PM.

#23 Hooligan

Hooligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:29 PM

Any views on when exactly we can expect a results update on this one?

If it does not impress this time around I will probably move on and top up other holdings - the opportunity cost is starting to show. <_<

#24 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:35 PM

I am baffled with this share price

It just cant seem to gain traction -_-

#25 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:16 AM

Shareholders of Metair (“Shareholders”) are advised that Mutlu Aku, Metair's recently acquired
Turkish subsidiary, is still listed on the Borsa Istanbul and published its results for the third quarter
ended 30 September 2014, yesterday.

Shareholders are referred to the Mutlu Aku’s website, www.mutlu.com.tr where the aforementioned
publication has been made available.

#26 Jonny

Jonny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:06 AM

PIC just bought 13.3% of all shares in issue by MTA. Perhaps this took some days to fill causing the price to jump.

Oh, that explains a lot. So, that gives them about 20% ownership? Not sure if I like that...

Good Results out of Mutla today should provide further impetus to push this share higher. 

Tried to find it... which reporting period is it? Quarterly ended June?

My posts are my opinion and shouldn't be seen as investment advise from me or the view of the organisation I work for.

Do your own research before engaging in trades/investments  :)

#27 stoffels

stoffels

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:29 AM

Good Results out of Mutla today should provide further impetus to push this share higher. 

#28 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:32 PM

PIC just bought 13.3% of all shares in issue by MTA. Perhaps this took some days to fill causing the price to jump.

#29 Mr.Balls

Mr.Balls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:00 PM

MTA running hard...up 4.4% today, the bull is back!

#30 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:10 PM

How many other manufacturers of start stop batteries are there in Europe, i.e. are there competitors ?

Yes there are competitors as this technology has been around for a decade. By 2015, 70% of all vehicles manufactured and sold in Europe will have stop start technology. MTA foresaw this and jumped in with the acquisition of the Turkish Mutlu manufacturing factory that supplies the continent with this battery.

#31 Moonraker

Moonraker

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationGeorge

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:32 PM

How many other manufacturers of start stop batteries are there in Europe, i.e. are there competitors ?

#32 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:58 PM

MTA is a no brainer for holding long term. If I remember correctly, 2017 is the deadline agreed upon by some countries for all new vehicles to be fitted with the start/stop batteries for emission control. So many years of growth for MTA as more countries accept and sign the agreement.

#33 Jonny

Jonny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:15 AM

Target price????

MTA is not without risks but it has a management team with a proven track record, a structural driver for growth in the form of emissions legislation and a high technological barrier to entry. The current valuation undervalues the earnings potential of the core business & doesn't account for the potential market for Start/Stop batteries & further acquisitions. MTA share value should be north of R60

http://wp.me/p3RKee-6O

Worth a read if you interested in the company

Edited by Jonny, 22 October 2014 - 10:15 AM.

My posts are my opinion and shouldn't be seen as investment advise from me or the view of the organisation I work for.

#34 Mr_SA

Mr_SA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:14 AM

My ten bagger has finally started it's upswing. Rather belated though.

Target price????

#35 orca

orca

The Oracle

• 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:00 PM

My ten bagger has finally started it's upswing. Rather belated though.

#36 Mr.Balls

Mr.Balls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:45 PM

And the share price jumps - up about 5.5% @ 13:30 today. Seems there was some concerns that have now been cleared out. 

Funny how the share was trading 2% up for the day before the SENS, now up 9%...

#37 Jonny

Jonny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:37 PM

And the share price jumps - up about 5.5% @ 13:30 today. Seems there was some concerns that have now been cleared out. 

#38 Jonny

Jonny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:06 PM

SENS OUT TODAY

The Investigation

Shareholders are advised that no member of the Group has been implicated with regards to or listed
in connection with the Investigation. Although we cannot predict the course that the Investigation
will follow, it is our understanding that the products produced by the Group do not fall within the
scope of the Investigation.

Noticed  :) 

Loving it  :D

#39 Mr.Balls

Mr.Balls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:57 PM

Do you guys think MTA might be effected by the "Car parts probe: is this just the beginning" article on moneyweb? Seems there is a high international focus for now. I would probably enjoy a SENS stating their position on the probe. All the banks have been releasing SENS around the unsecured loans publicity lately, so I don't see why MTA couldn't do the same. 

Might explain some of the sell-off. 

SENS OUT TODAY

The Investigation

Shareholders are advised that no member of the Group has been implicated with regards to or listed
in connection with the Investigation. Although we cannot predict the course that the Investigation
will follow, it is our understanding that the products produced by the Group do not fall within the
scope of the Investigation.

#40 Jonny

Jonny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:20 AM

Do you guys think MTA might be effected by the "Car parts probe: is this just the beginning" article on moneyweb? Seems there is a high international focus for now. I would probably enjoy a SENS stating their position on the probe. All the banks have been releasing SENS around the unsecured loans publicity lately, so I don't see why MTA couldn't do the same. 

Might explain some of the sell-off. 

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting