Sacoil

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Tetonka

Tetonka

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:07 PM

Will the results end of this month start a new chapter for Efora?

#2 NotsoIntelligent Investor

NotsoIntelligent Investor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:47 AM

A polished turd remains a turd

Sent from my UMI_MAX using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

Couldn't have said it better myself.  This thing has been a pig for years - don't see enough to change my view at this stage

#3 Gerald

Gerald

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:45 AM

Efora energy limited :)

•         undervalued price (market cap vs company value). maybe at a bottom.
  •         expected trading statement to be released end of November 2017.
  •         recent cash acquisition of Belton park and Afric Oil
  •         current monthly fuel distribution volumes for the Group to be around 60 million liters
  •         headline earnings per share (“HEPS”) for the six months ended 31 August 2017 to be at least 20% higher relative to the prior comparative period.
  •     Drilled the first foot of an oil well Lagia #14

#4 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:03 AM

I reckon they are one to watch now, they've had their fair share of smacks. But their new path and acquisitions are interesting!!
They been very busy lately, and with the oil price shooting up over past few months, only good things to come from now from Efora Energy Limited (EEL) - Might take awhile, but so far so good imo

A polished turd remains a turd

Sent from my UMI_MAX using Sharenet Sharechat mobile app

#5 CrescoRSA

CrescoRSA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:17 AM

I reckon they are one to watch now, they've had their fair share of smacks. But their new path and acquisitions are interesting!!

They been very busy lately, and with the oil price shooting up over past few months, only good things to come from now from Efora Energy Limited (EEL) - Might take awhile, but so far so good imo

#6 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:32 PM

Trading under new name from tomorrow

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#7 CrescoRSA

CrescoRSA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:06 PM

Looking forward to their Final Results end of this month. Not expecting Rainbows and butterflies, but expecting some good news. Especially with the de-listing from AIM later this month (Will save them a lot of unnecessary costs) as well as their recent acquisition of controlling interest in Afric Oil Group, so new territories for SCL, and once that ball starts rolling - There will be a significant increase of revenue in Sacoil too So this is to hoping that this is the turn around point for them :)

#8 CrescoRSA

CrescoRSA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:20 AM

if you are VERY confident surely you must be filling your boots at these levels and not just take a small punt? Or are you not all that confident?

That's what Im doing, got in at .23 and will be adding on the way down if it gets lower, which can happen. I've got a limit of R150k that im going into this, Im NOT telling anyone to jump in, thats not what Ive been doing, just giving my opinion. If it fails - I guess you live and you learn. But I highly doubt that will happen after this acquisition and new direction they going in. Im personally not in a rush, I know the last 5 years was terrible for them, but the next 5 will be solid - besides, Im a sucker for risk, thats just me. So every man to himself I guess

#9 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:01 PM

IMO - I like this one, they are slowly getting on their feet again. I see that Sharenet even came out with a decent article about them this morning. I am now taking a small punt at these levels. Looking at holding for at least 4/5 years. By that time I'm VERY confident that it will be at least R1, which is a +- 60% Annual ROI from these levels now. Not sure about you, but thats a great investment in my books. Specially in these markets...

if you are VERY confident surely you must be filling your boots at these levels and not just take a small punt? Or are you not all that confident?

#10 NotsoIntelligent Investor

NotsoIntelligent Investor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:05 PM

I have held this share for about 5 years and have been bitterly disappointed by it and in fact cashed-out about 70% of my holding when the share reached 40-odd cents last year.  I think the move away from exploration assets to value accretive cash-generative assets was a good strategic move, but for now, and at these levels, the share will likely only really attract speculative retail investors.  I also am honestly not sure how much comfort I take from the PIC's anchor shareholding in this one, but that's just my view... I will however continue to watch this one. 

#11 CrescoRSA

CrescoRSA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:30 AM

IMO - I like this one, they are slowly getting on their feet again. I see that Sharenet even came out with a decent article about them this morning. I am now taking a small punt at these levels. Looking at holding for at least 4/5 years. By that time I'm VERY confident that it will be at least R1, which is a +- 60% Annual ROI from these levels now. Not sure about you, but thats a great investment in my books. Specially in these markets...

#12 Guest_PlatinumWealth.co.za_*

Guest_PlatinumWealth.co.za_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:35 PM

The PIC up until this point has done a good job, but one must ask the question...... Are they captured. Who is runs the PIC now, Daniel Matjila or our president Atul Gupta?

Edited by PlatinumWealth.co.za, 11 March 2017 - 01:35 PM.

#13 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:41 PM

Either way - The PIC wont let it fall

umm, look at the PICs stake in Erin Energy. You can't give the rubbish away. The PIC is playing with other people's money, not their own.

#14 dangerboy

dangerboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:31 PM

That correct, the PIC wouldnt buy a piece of **** if they didnt have plans for it.  They will never let it fall.  Also, they didnt facilitate the Africoil deal for fun, can you imagine how many doors they are going to open for the Africoil business.  30 Million litres a month will be a puppy when they are finished.

#15 CrescoRSA

CrescoRSA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:11 PM

Either way - The PIC wont let it fall

#16 Fleetstroke1

Fleetstroke1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:24 PM

There is no rights issue. The acquisition is funded by the PIC

Does the PIC know what they doing or they just making use of their stack of piled cash....

#17 dangerboy

dangerboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:27 AM

There is no rights issue. The acquisition is funded by the PIC

#18 dangerboy

dangerboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:26 AM

Yeah, I'm positive on it, and I'm definitely going to take a small punt in coming days - As mentioned, the company/share has taken a real beating, I cant see it going bust, but it can still go down further and linger for awhile, but once the dust is settled, and results start to show, then it can shoot up. Hopefully they stick with creating debt than doing a rights issue

#19 BERT

BERT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:45 PM

We touched the subject of right issues, I am sometimes a little confused with this topic, please explane this to me.
Foe example: if I own 10% of the shares of a R1 million company my assets are R10.000,-
If this company does an aquisition worth R1 million and does a rights issue to cover this completely it doubles it's shares and is a R2 million company, I own now 5% of the shares, my assets are still R10.000,- I assume for this example that the expected profit also doubles.
Where is the dilution if the rights issue is completely used for the aquisition??

I understand that a rights issue of for example Lonmin that is completely used pay for overheads to stay in business is dilution, but for example Curro that makes a little profit and does a rights issue to build/buy more schools and does not use it to cover overheads I would reckon it is not dilution but expanding, but they still offer existing shareholders a discount to make up for the "dilution"

please explane this to me!

#20 CrescoRSA

CrescoRSA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:36 AM

If you are so convinced of the +500% and you are not in yet, maybe it is time to get in!

I think people are put of at the moment because of the pending rights issue as that would require them to put more cash into sacoil to pay in part for the acquisition.

Yeah, I'm positive on it, and I'm definitely going to take a small punt in coming days - As mentioned, the company/share has taken a real beating, I cant see it going bust, but it can still go down further and linger for awhile, but once the dust is settled, and results start to show, then it can shoot up. Hopefully they stick with creating debt than doing a rights issue

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting