#21 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:22 PM

Hi HDB,

Welcome back. I trust the Ramadan fast is going well..

Thank you for the tip.. I'm looking at the technicals for PNC as we speak.. I like to be the guy who would rather learn how to fish so he can feed his family and teach others how to fish to so I'm trying to understand why i do certain things.. and make sense of them based on the simplistic model I have put together for myself ans is still a work in progress.. what indicators did you use to arrive at your call if you don't mind me asking and what time frame are you looking at?

Is it indicators similar to the ones used in your CCI Trading system?

Look forward to your response

Hi

No not CCi based but a simple yet one of the strongest charting tool.....inverse head and shoulders!!

Use a daily chart...ull see the inverse h&s  strating from about 17 April with left shoulder, head around 1 June and another small right shoulder thereafter!!

It broke the neckline around R13.70 today and hence you can see the techies jumping in today...up nearly 4%!!

U can also use the stoch indicator which shows oversold too so definitely a rally will be and is under way!!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#22 Vintage_Strat

Vintage_Strat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:08 PM

PNC breakout....target to about R16.00 minimum!!

Hi HDB,

Welcome back. I trust the Ramadan fast is going well..

Thank you for the tip.. I'm looking at the technicals for PNC as we speak.. I like to be the guy who would rather learn how to fish so he can feed his family and teach others how to fish to so I'm trying to understand why i do certain things.. and make sense of them based on the simplistic model I have put together for myself ans is still a work in progress.. what indicators did you use to arrive at your call if you don't mind me asking and what time frame are you looking at?

Is it indicators similar to the ones used in your CCI Trading system?

Look forward to your response

#23 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:47 PM

PNC breakout....target to about R16.00 minimum!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#24 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:23 PM

Hi guys.

Can someone explain to me how the jse moves up and down?
What is this based on?
For example, yesterday (Friday), there were more advancers than shares declining yet the jse still ended down. If there are more advancers than decliners, shouldn't the jse be in positive territory?

Your assistance will be appreciated.

Hi Sugafoot, i think Qbre and Gamma basically answered your question... Its the market cap of shares going up or down that is impt and not the number of shares,,,,

BTW for the TOP40 shares as of close on Friday :

1. The TOP 2 shares by market cap made up 24% of the TOP 40 market cap index of 46558

2. Top 3 shares 33.5%

3. Top 4 shares 42.3

4. Top 5 shares 49%

5. and Top 6 shares 55.5%

while balance of 34 shares made up 44.5%

So if balance of all 34 shares go down 1% each while Top 6 shares go up say .75% each, our alsi will still go up!!!

Hope that makes sense!!

Edited by HDB, 20 July 2014 - 09:24 PM.

HDB

#25 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:32 AM

Hi guys.

What is this based on?
For example, yesterday (Friday), there were more advancers than shares declining yet the jse still ended down. If there are more advancers than decliners, shouldn't the jse be in positive territory?

When you say JSE you probably referring to the ALSI or the top 40? Either way, larger shares carry more weight on the index so the number of shares moving in a direction is irrelevant. Think about it this way, 100 penny stocks moving up vs say a BAT or NPN moving down, the index will be down.

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#26 Qbre77

Qbre77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:44 AM

The shares r not equally weighted, the larger the market cap of a company the larger part of the index it takes up

#27 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:14 AM

Hi guys.

What is this based on?

#28 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:12 PM

Elliot Waves:

It gives you guidance as to what to do before a trade... :rolleyes:

However , It only tells you what actually happened after the event... :D

and normally after the event when it is wrong,  it corrects itself by saying this was an extension wave or FIB retracement wave more than allowed B) ...and by that time, your account is cleared and you are left hopelessly confused!!

To those trading it , very Good Luck!!

Much better indicators out there then this hopelessly lagging one....

HDB

#29 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:13 PM

Ouch. I took about the same hit on the ALSI in the past month. I think it's time I accept I'm useless at trading it..

Howzit Gamma...

Read the cci thread and youll will see the weekly report back from the students!! :)

Anyway took a big thump on my Aspen cfds...ambulance job,,,,lost nearly 100k..bloody bugger took me to cleaners,,,and i did not short it again at 300 plus because this cci system is showing me a uptick price around R350.00!! So went long at R301.00 and trying to recover... Well making money on it now at least!!

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#30 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:26 PM

Have you moved to India as well?

:P

Seriously thinking of moving to Ho Chi Ming City Vietnam!!! :)

HDB

#31 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:21 PM

Just back from been away and I see you've set up a help desk HDB! 

So how's your system working out? success rate?

gamma

Howzit Gamma...

Read the cci thread and youll will see the weekly report back from the students!!  :)

Anyway took a big thump on my Aspen cfds...ambulance job,,,,lost nearly 100k..bloody bugger took me to cleaners,,,and i did not short it again at 300 plus because this cci system is showing me a uptick  price around R350.00!!  So went long at R301.00 and trying to recover... Well making money on it now at least!!

HDB

#32 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

Just back from been away and I see you've set up a help desk HDB! 

So how's your system working out? success rate?

gamma

#33 Daytrade

Daytrade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:47 AM

Agreed and thank you for taking the time to look at it!!

I can't wait to hear what you think.

Cheers.

#34 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:36 AM

Hi HDB

I spent the weekend studying the Ichimoku indicator which is the preferred analysis tool that is used extensively by Japanese traders. The moving averages and cloud (kumo) system are meant to provide greater insight into trade opportunities and it even looks into the future!

Have you looked into this indicator at all? If so please can you advise if it has any merit in your opinion?

Thanks!!

Hi daytrader

Never heard of it... Will look at it over weekend!!

But one point...If a system works, never complicate it!!

HDB

#35 Daytrade

Daytrade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:26 AM

Hi HDB

I spent the weekend studying the Ichimoku indicator which is the preferred analysis tool that is used extensively by Japanese traders. The moving averages and cloud (kumo) system are meant to provide greater insight into trade opportunities and it even looks into the future!

Have you looked into this indicator at all? If so please can you advise if it has any merit in your opinion?

Thanks!!

#36 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:11 PM

Thanks S, appreciated!!

HDB

#37 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:38 PM

Can someone explain the difference between headline earnings per share and just normal earnings per share?

Thanks

HEPS - This method accounts for all the profits and losses from operational, trading, and interest activities, that have been discontinued or acquired at any point during the year. Excluded from this figure are profits or losses associated with the sale or termination of discontinued operations, fixed assets or related businesses

EPS - A rough measurement of the amount of a company's profit that can be allocated to one share of its stock. Basic earnings per share  do not factor in the dilutive effects on convertible securities. Basic EPS is calculated as follows:

Basic EPS = (net income – preferred dividends) / weighted average number of common shares outstanding

Taken from Investopedia.

Headline earnings per share have been adjusted for an after tax profit on the sale of the
Vlaklaagte Prospecting right.

From this mornings SENS - 

Anyone need a heads up...!

#38 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:03 PM

Can someone explain the difference between headline earnings per share and just normal earnings per share?

Thanks

#39 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:53 AM

any one knows where I can get the live ticker for the J200 or TOP40???

HDB

#40 Qbre77

Qbre77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:17 AM

rand is weakening! R18.32 to the pound right now!

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting