• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#61 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 06:28 PM

And as we speak they release another SENS stating that although the elusive civil servant hasn't given them a signature, they are amending the Huso conditions (in the CEOs favour I assume) The smoke and mirrors continue. Maybe not so many diamonds in them dunes hey Mr CEO?

#62 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 02:41 PM

Well they are being bought out by the company itself, so not really 'pump and dump' in that the company would not care about the report, they know the company better than anyone and are willing to pay the R4.80 based on that. Will need to see the interim results now to get a sense of things.

Shareholders wont be too chuffed if the stock is trading below 480c when the minority purchase happens! Lets wait for the results - but 500c this year looks like a pipe dream! My question once again, why cant they get the final signature for the Government Official?

#63 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:16 AM

They will lose all credibility if they cut the dividend. The buyback is already contentious in that they are favouring one minority over the rest of us. Even worse is that the particular minority apparently recently released a report on TTO to its clients valuing the stock much higher. Classic pump and dump. Now I wish I sold the crap at 370c two weeks ago.

Well they are being bought out by the company itself, so not really 'pump and dump' in that the company would not care about the report, they know the company better than anyone and are willing to pay the R4.80 based on that. Will need to see the interim results now to get a sense of things.

#64 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:45 PM

They will lose all credibility if they cut the dividend. The buyback is already contentious in that they are favouring one minority over the rest of us. Even worse is that the particular minority apparently recently released a report on TTO to its clients valuing the stock much higher. Classic pump and dump. Now I wish I sold the crap at 370c two weeks ago.

#65 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:54 PM

It looks like no update will be made, ie. profits will be up less than 20%. At a PE of 6x the share is most likely fairly valued, given the uncertainty of minorities being forced to overpay for the CEOs ego trip.

I will be happy if results just in line with previous period. My only concern is dividend could be skipped as they will need cash for share buy back in 2018, although I am not against the buy back. 

#66 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:48 PM

It looks like no update will be made, ie. profits will be up less than 20%. At a PE of 6x the share is most likely fairly valued, given the uncertainty of minorities being forced to overpay for the CEOs ego trip.

#67 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:47 PM

#68 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 11:16 AM

I wonder why these dudes havent released their operational update? Lets hope that they clarify their lucrative diamond deal in their results.  And then its rock and roll time, or so we hope??

#69 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:39 AM

Why hammered today? You have to either be long term investor in this or a speculator. In 2013 it went from R1.20 down to 64c, but still glad to have held on instead of panic. I think we need hard facts, hopefully interims will have good update. I never worry too much about Piet Viljoens views, he has been wrong on too many things.

#70 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 05:08 PM

Closed at 276cm but tomorrow she is going to get a hiding of note. And the pathetic management has been silenced.  So Piet Viljoen seems to have been vindicated.

I got some shares at 300c, lets put in stupid bids at 200c. 

#71 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 04:21 PM

Slop sliding away,,,, 300c sellers, 199c buyers,,,,,,

#72 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:07 PM

The share price not always the best indicator of the true state of affairs with small caps. Is a worry, but rather try not to read too much into it or watch the price too much. Only my opinion though..

The Huso transaction is now only 6 months overdue. I still wonder why (1) they cannot get the illusive signature from the official and (2) why the SL deal was done outside of Huso, whereas the agreement was to house it in that vehicle.  First price = No diamond deal!

#73 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:03 PM

The share price not always the best indicator of the true state of affairs with small caps. Is a worry, but rather try not to read too much into it or watch the price too much. Only my opinion though..

#74 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:54 PM

Now at 305c, the diamonds in Namibia and Sierra Leone must be worldclass, and the company must have bought something substantial!

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, and i managed to get some more shares.

#75 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:21 PM

The share is looking a bit phuked, to be quite crude about it.  Anycase, commited to it again and getting filled according to my broker

#76 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 01:13 PM

Good luck, hope you right... Irrespective of what happens in the short term, I still think it has good long term potential. 

#77 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 12:00 PM

Buyback time.  Their AGM is this week and maybe they announce something positive.  So i am buying back the shares i sold some time ago 380c. 

#78 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 05:03 PM

The share is hardly reacting as if there are diamonds worth billions in them darn hills. But patiently bid at 300c, see it hit 325c today.  Patience,,,,,

#79 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:21 PM

So sadly from being the "Best share on the JSE" as per their annual report, its become a dog of note. 

Depends on your time frame. At R3.30 it still a ten-bagger since first bought in 2010. This share needs both patience and nerves, and maybe some luck.. 

#80 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:54 PM

Technicals just a tool that works 50.1% of the time!

I am more interested in what their real earnings are, if there was a normal tax rate and not this nonsense of a revaluation of their property.  I would guess, without having done the work, that their reported HEPS of 55c is an highly inflated number.

So sadly from being the "Best share on the JSE" as per their annual report, its become a dog of note. 

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting