• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 Sydney

Sydney

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:07 PM

Having been prevented from taking the Fosun cash offer of 45p Gemfields minority shareholders must be looking for 420c or remain unhappy with the merger.

#2 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:20 AM

Nice NAV uptick to 600c. We must be getting close to the final liquidation of the PGL structure - Gilbertson had a 10 year investment horizon in mind when it listed years ago. What I am hoping to see is a listing of Jupiter Mines and of Gemfields on the JSE and a closing down or a sale of their crap platinum asset Sedibelo. Lots of upside in this one

Damn, now suddenly its become a long-term investment. I like the fact that they are going to collapse the management structure, should result in a large decline in the NAV discount. And they will be paying regular dividends. Gemfields is a great business, well complement by Fabergé. Sedibelo is a load of crap, a totally fragmented platinum reef I have heard. Jupiter mines is world class

Edited by SoleTrader, 21 May 2017 - 08:21 AM.

#3 Geko

Geko

• PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 10:35 AM

Any new thoughts on this one??

I expected it to go up on the rand weakness...

#4 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:43 PM

Nice NAV uptick to 600c. We must be getting close to the final liquidation of the PGL structure - Gilbertson had a 10 year investment horizon in mind when it listed years ago. What I am hoping to see is a listing of Jupiter Mines and of Gemfields on the JSE and a closing down or a sale of their crap platinum asset Sedibelo. Lots of upside in this one

#5 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:49 PM

@MrDividend MTN actually a nice example where fundamentals falling into place, new management under Rob Shuter, oil price recovering, TA giving buy signal.

#6 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:39 PM

@MrDividend I use technicals to time. But the fundamentals need to be in place. As long as a company grows its earnings, I tend to stay long. Sometimes sell a portion 10-15% on OB and try and buy back on OS. Also lok for reversal patterns like the platinum price and MTN currently. Long IMP and MTN.

#7 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:33 AM

ST - do you have a set take profit point when entering a trade and do you us TA or FA or a mixture?

Looking at this trade, working on TA - a potential target(fairly well defined) would have been 475 (ether for part or full) - of course all subjective!

And what is/ or do you have an exit plan?

#8 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:38 PM

I am more interested in their platinum asset Sedibelo. Any information on it? Rumours that it's not as good as being touted by management

#9 rave76

rave76

• PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Locationcentral SA

Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:09 PM

Nedbank Private Wealth Alert Service

Company : Pallinghurst Resources Ltd.

News Type : Official Announcement

Pallinghurst -benefit from strong manganese prices

Pallinghurst is pleased to advise that following Tshipi é Ntle Manganese Mining (Pty) Ltd's ("Tshipi") decision to distribute ZAR1 billion to its shareholders, Jupiter Mines Ltd ("Jupiter") - a 49.9% shareholder in Tshipi - has resolved to distribute US$55 million to its shareholders. Accordingly, Pallinghurst, as an 18.45% shareholder in Jupiter, expects to receive approximately US$10 million (ZAR140 million) in March 2017.

The Board of Pallinghurst will consider allocating a material portion of these funds as a maiden distribution to shareholders during March 2017. Tshipi has benefited from its successful production ramp-up and the strong market environment, with the price of manganese increasing from below US$1.50 per dry metric tonne unit ("dmtu") in January 2016 to recent prices of above US$7 per dmtu, representing a fivefold increase. Tshipi's optimisation of its cost base has also contributed to its expectation of record profits during its financial year ending 28 February 2017. The above distributions are subject to there being no material adverse change in market conditions.

#10 rave76

rave76

• PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Locationcentral SA

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:38 PM

With the strong uptick in manganese prices this year, and the weakened ZAR, their Tshipi operation must be printing cash hand over fist.   With the last reported NAV of ca. 550c, the stock is undervalued at 400c imo.     

100% Agree with u. 

#11 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:51 AM

With the strong uptick in manganese prices this year, and the weakened ZAR, their Tshipi operation must be printing cash hand over fist.   With the last reported NAV of ca. 550c, the stock is undervalued at 400c imo.     

#12 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:55 AM

A very strong update from GEMFIELDS this morning, the share is up strongly in London

#13 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:21 PM

Gemfields starting to recover on the AIM market. Platinum price picking up. Let's see Pallinghurst move

#14 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 09:17 PM

For better or worse, yes! Picked some up at 265c. The stock down 50% in 4 months, with Gemfields seemingly recovering. I see Investec Value Fund's Biccard been buying as well. He's quite astute

#15 MrDividend

MrDividend

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 19 February 2016 - 03:17 PM

You still in ST?

#16 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:06 PM

@Sugafoot. PGL has is the past traded at a 35% discount to NAV.Using the latest Gemfields price, etc, the NAV is just under R7. So value in PGL up to R4.50. Or so I hope!

#17 Hooligan

Hooligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:33 PM

ST, it appears to be overall market sentiment than anything against the actual company.
I am bleeding heavier than the Klitschko fight

This whole week was punishment.

On the bright side,  I have a few cents of cash to spare - will add here at 330c odd.

#18 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 06:59 PM

ST, it appears to be overall market sentiment than anything against the actual company.
I am bleeding heavier than the Klitschko fight

#19 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 07:18 PM

Huh? What just happened here? I am gobsmacked by this collapse

#20 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip