• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#1 icassim

icassim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:21 PM

What is the catalyst that gets this share moving ?

Earnings are impressive, valuation is extremely reasonable, coal prices have been favourable and with Moabsveld, there is opportunity to grow production with little capex.

Yet, share price meanders around the R2 mark.

#2 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:16 PM

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:32 AM

If Mr Market gets behind this Whoooooosh..................!

De-Ja Vue my side.

Anyone need a heads up...!

#3 Bullhunter

Bullhunter

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • LocationNorthcliff

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:55 AM

Worth looking at. You don’t get all too many profitable, growing shares on a 4x PE!

Fair value =R3.34

Following earnings update, fair value =R3.79

Opportunities are made up easier than losses.

#4 Bullhunter

Bullhunter

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • LocationNorthcliff

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:49 PM

Worth looking at. You don’t get all too many profitable, growing shares on a 4x PE!

Fair value =R3.34

Edited by Bullhunter, 12 February 2018 - 12:49 PM.

Opportunities are made up easier than losses.

#5 purply

purply

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:07 PM

What news are we talking about?

#6 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:37 AM

Biggest news in ages fumpty 100's viewed no comment..... :unsure:......Bye Bye....

#7 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:49 PM

Picked up 60,000 KEH at an av 162c  

#8 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:49 PM

Are we overpaying...? Me thinks that we is.....But by how much....Conference call just confirmed power point presentation on their website. Can't get passed giving them our shares @ R2 & paying 30 day VWAP for theirs...... :wacko: 

They must really wants it like really wants it...! Me still thinks it's win win though..... :)  

#9 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:32 AM

BEEEEEG news out today guys & Gals.....all comments welcome..... :D

If Mr Market gets behind this Whoooooosh...................!

#10 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:22 AM

Yesterdays update....

:) ....Nice.....

#11 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:20 AM

Today's announcement by Exxaro could have a nice upside for WSL being only 51% black OWNED coal miner/supplier on the JSE.......wishful thinking yeah I know...but also hard fact.

#12 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:19 PM

Well yesterday we had Peregrine telling us they have gotten 5% of WSL, are they viewed as astute asset managers....?.....don't know much about them....Now today's SENS confirming what I  was hoping for......Ahhhhh......nice...

I is not fully convinced that we is here to stay cos me thinks the Minoscape party has already sold his quota for the month already.....so early in Nov we should get some idea of his appetite for WSL at these levels.....

Enjoy....R2+ may it continue.

Hmmmm......!

#13 Geko

Geko

• PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 12:30 PM

http://www.mineweb.c...coal-different/

#14 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:17 AM

Well yesterday we had Peregrine telling us they have gotten 5% of WSL, are they viewed as astute asset managers....?.....don't know much about them....Now today's SENS confirming what I  was hoping for......Ahhhhh......nice...

I is not fully convinced that we is here to stay cos me thinks the Minoscape party has already sold his quota for the month already.....so early in Nov we should get some idea of his appetite for WSL at these levels.....

Enjoy....R2+ may it continue.

#15 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:41 PM

http://www.bdlive.co...ent-power-firms

THE preferred bidders of the first bid window for the coal baseload programme are Thabemetsi and Khanyisa, Energy Minister Tina Joemat-Pettersson announced on Monday.

Participants in the first bid window were required to have a minimum South African entity participation of 51%, black ownership of 30%, and a weighted broad-based black economic empowerment status of level five under the codes of good practice for their locally based shareholders.

Joemat-Pettersson said the two bidders were backed by foreign developers from Korea, Japan and Saudi Arabia, the South African banking sector, including the Development Bank of Southern Africa (DBSA), and the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC).

Coincidence or......To be continued......?

#16 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:40 PM

Some healthy volumes going through lately is Mr Market finally aware of WSL......Anyone taking advantage & selling.....? It has been a loooooooonnnnng arduous slog hasn't it....! We can expect the next piece of good news very soon me thinks the divi finalization dates along with a decent trading update showing earnings in the mid (Oh f#ckin' please) to late c20's.......Keep the faith peops we is knocking again on that R2 door next week already......!

Good w/end to all. 

#17 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:57 AM

Website has a nice power-point presentation on yesterday's SENS, couple points that come out now I've digested it more, they really have put up their "blackness" over the last few years for nothing really so yeah me gets the reasoning behind these last year or 2 of turbulence to actually get some recognition of the fact Wescoal couldn't sell most of their product without these guys. Next while I'm on about it where the "F" are all these so called desperate "black asset managers" looking for support from the "established players" to place confidence via investment in companies like WSL....!     Then today R178mil doesn't buy you much when shopping in the mining warehouse now does it..... :rolleyes:    All in all I think it's a good move so lets grab some Gupta coal assets when they have a fire sale put a layer of respectability over them or others like that & bring home the bacon for the long-haulers or at least get over R2 already.....Geez like it....! 

Have a good day at market..

#18 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:08 PM

Well is today good news....? Chairman has total control now.......... kinda have to admit he's had to pay up for it...So IDC have given us R178mil to go & spend cool..... cos these guys are pretty good deal makers & now there's some serious skin in the game cash-wise to lose if they get it wrong only slightly.....The nice thing is that they must be generating solid cash flow now to give us another R10mil to share.....I think anything less than 25c/ HEPS come Nov interim results will be short of the mark but this divi gives me confidence that we is on track for there or there-abouts.

Still happy to hold but will not add as have enough me thinks..... B) 

Over & out.....!

#19 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:30 AM

WESCOAL HOLDINGS LIMITED
Incorporated in the Republic of South Africa
(Registration number 2005/006913/06)
Share code: WSL
ISIN: ZAE000069639
(“Wescoal” or "the Group")

Coal purchase agreements and export supply contract
Wescoal is pleased to announce that it has successfully finalised a series of material coal supply
contracts with third parties (‘Coal Purchase Confirmations’). This is in line with the Group’s stated
intent to diversify its revenue streams and to supply one million tons per annum of coal into the
export market.

In terms of the Coal Purchase Confirmations, Wescoal will supply over five million tons of coal from
November 2016 to April 2021.

The Coal Purchase Confirmations would expand Wescoal’s presence in the domestic thermal coal
market and increase its exports to approximately one million tons per annum. The agreements
further de-risk and provide certainty around future Wescoal cash flows and diversity of its revenue
streams.

#20 CrescoRSA

CrescoRSA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:59 AM

Will this one ever go over R2?? Anyone have their opinion on the next 12 months

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting