• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

#201 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:16 AM

I wonder with the share price dropping again if it means the deal is off? Insiders maybe taking the time to exit quickly...

Where's the volume to indicate someone knows something.

Everyone is waiting for an announcement on the offer price.   R2 + how much change....?

Deal is definitely on otherwise why appoint a Billiton exec as executive director of ( insert fancy title ) 

He's there to observe the day to day running of things me thinks.

Hold tight & complain bitterly to the board if we get sold down the river too cheaply.

What price would you guys be happy with by the way....?

Anyone need a heads up...!

#202 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:11 AM

Was with a high ranking official from dept of Energy who on Saturday guessed that it was probably Glencore who was the bidder.

Well between Saturday & yesterdays SENS I think I'd put my weight behind Billiton. 

#203 Jonny

Jonny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:18 AM

I wonder with the share price dropping again if it means the deal is off? Insiders maybe taking the time to exit quickly...

My posts are my opinion and shouldn't be seen as investment advise from me or the view of the organisation I work for.

Do your own research before engaging in trades/investments  :)

#204 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:48 PM

Was with a high ranking official from dept of Energy who on Saturday guessed that it was probably Glencore who was the bidder.

#205 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:38 AM

Nah..! Not much to be gleaned from that comms.

The guy they mention is a junior exec with proven track record..? Guessing that based on his tenure at Billiton. Slowly moving up the ranks as it were.

Still hope they don't offer them fantastic personal terms at our expense.

Wonder if this would fall into Billitons Newco yet to be released on to the market..?

As a daydream would really prefer stock in Newco than cash from Wescoal sale.. 

My 2c

#206 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:57 AM

Any other salient points regarding the offer, Souti?

#207 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:59 AM

Looks like the bidders are Billiton coal given this mornings SENS.

#208 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:33 AM

Keith McLachlan has his fair value at R2.40 & year end approx R2.94....Read below 

http://www.moneyweb....ining/wescoal-4

#209 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 02:39 PM

At the moment we can only speculate as to the offer. 

Jonny you seem convinced it's a buyout.

Last SENS informing us of the resignation of the company secretary adds to that statement "maybe she could have won lotto"...?

Now for the BEEG question at what premium are we looking at should it all go ahead.

Gotta add 15% because it's a move on their part.

Plus Elandspruit another 20% bit rich I think not.

They are in a good space at the moment trading wise & will continue to pump up revenue.

So my guess would be around R2.70 - they traded around R2.50-60 for only 2-3wks on very weak volume. Mr Market would see anything less as a real sellout.

Only negative me thinks is the spot price of coal.

Lets hope the incentives are not to Woooo management with big salaries & share options that are financed by paying us WSL long term believers less.

Best of luck to us in the new year.

Over & out on the piss for the festive is I........... :D  

Edited by soutie, 22 December 2014 - 02:41 PM.

#210 Jonny

Jonny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:09 AM

It's a buyout. Yip, we all wanting a healthy premium on current share price  :)

My posts are my opinion and shouldn't be seen as investment advise from me or the view of the organisation I work for.

Do your own research before engaging in trades/investments  :)

#211 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:03 AM

Three things<br /><br />1. Why have an office in Bellvile? So far away from the action?!?!<br /><br />2. What them informs the run in the price since the announcement? Are ppl buying with the hope of being part of the deal? <br /><br />3. What if the group does acquire the entire share capital? Will they in effect buy us out?

#212 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:04 AM

Hey vlam-hobbyist.

The Medupi saga will continue for another 2yrs till it's fully completed ie all 6 units. However in the meantime whoever sets up their own coal fired plant ( MASSIVE RISK ) will have to source coal from somewhere. So me hopes WSL's  trading arm should get a fair chunk of the supply stock required.

http://www.wescoal.c...tember-2014.pdf

Trying to solve the wet coal issue 1 container at a time....

On the buyout the old saying "no news is good news" may not apply in this case.. 

#213 vlam

vlam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:03 PM

Off-topic, but just want to share two other things I learned this week

1) Seems Medupi should be done April 2015[1] and will generate 4800MW[2] (though the latter Eskom link says that it should be done by end 2014...)

2) South Africa Opens tender for Independent Coal-Power Plants: [link]

"The bidding process opens Dec. 15, the Department of Energy said in an advertisement in Johannesburg-based newspaper Business Report. The country plans to source 2,500 megawatts for the national grid from independent coal-based facilities, the department said in April."

So thats another 2500MW worth of domestic coal demand...

(I guess it depends on how far these independent coal power plants will be from Wescoal's coal mines to know if Wescoal and not other coal miners will benefit)

Edited by vlam-hobbyist, 14 December 2014 - 02:04 PM.

#214 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:23 PM

Could explain why the chairman transacted his BEE vehicle in November...Maybe simplify the corporate environment. Which in turn may give reason to an interested buyer who is not aware of the web BEE weaves these days.

I for one am not OK with selling out...As mentioned most of the recent asset buying activity hasn't even kicked off yet. These deals are company transforming & will push revenue enormously. Put that alongside Medupi & further out Kusile...well ALL of their product will end up with Eskom. 

With that said management are the major shareholders & can swing most votes as is their want. 

At the moment the recognition for a job well done needs to be acknowledged as this interest no doubt proves. So it's calm heads going forward boys & girls lets hope management aren't like deer in the headlights when a wall of money & promises of senior positions with a major international group are in the offering.

This stake I have in WSL forms part of my pension to myself & I'm still 15yrs away from retirement... Not ready to part with my potential 10 bagger just yet   :(  :( Your thoughts / comments most appreciated.  

#215 vlam

vlam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:26 PM

I hope its at a ***HUGE*** premium to the current share price.

Still feel the share price is cheap.  Especially considering that some of the potential drivers for the share price hasn't been finalized - Eskom's finishing of their new coal power stations and Wescoal brining all their production online.  (The "thematic" reasons I bought the share, not yet realised...)

#216 vlam

vlam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:05 PM

More news today -

Cautionary withdrawn and intent of a major international group to acquire all the issued shares...

Company : Wescoal Holdings Ltd.
News Type : Official Announcement

Wescoal -- withdrawal of and new cautionary

Shareholders are referred to the cautionary announcement dated 27 November 2014. As those discussions had been terminated, that cautionary announcement is hereby withdrawn. Shareholders are however advised that the board of directors of Wescoal ("the board") has received a letter of intent from a major international Group ("the Group") to acquire all the issued shares of Wescoal. The board has entered into discussions with the Group. Accordingly, shareholders are advised to exercise caution when dealing in the company's securities until a full announcement is made.

#217 vlam

vlam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 09:43 AM

A cautionary out today ->

Shareholders are advised that Wescoal has entered into discussions, which if successfully concluded, may have an effect on the price of the company's securities. Accordingly, shareholders are advised to exercise caution when dealing in the company's securities until a full announcement is made.

Damn these guys are busy!! :)

I also see Blue Gem released an update: [link] and that Wescoal is now the largest coal trader in South Africa.

:) :) :)

Edited by vlam-hobbyist, 27 November 2014 - 09:44 AM.

#218 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:42 PM

Got an E-mailed response to the Water Use License hold up.

Apparently the delay is at the Dept. of Water Affairs & Forestry....could mean anything..still they are confident their submission is all present & correct.

Also they have managed to participate in the burden easing at Majuba by trucking in the much needed coal   :D 

Will post more as it becomes available.

Cheers. 

#219 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:23 PM

Me thinks everything is still on track & will get much better.

There's just the Minoscape overhang that needs to wash through there was after all 16mil shares issued.

This guy is limited to selling maximum 500,000 per month so it's gonna take a while for them to be absorbed he was issued them at 200c

Plus Mr market may think they took their eye off the ball with their water licence application, too much going on at once & they overlooked some or other box ticking legislation required by the DMR.

As for the weather well......& Eskom didn't take as much last year as they were contracted to, when Medupi finally comes on stream volumes to Eskom will jump.

Thinking of E-mailing them for clarification on the water use licence hold up. Will post reply if & when.   ;)

#220 Sugafoot

Sugafoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:08 PM

Announced in a SENS yesterday that they have acquired prospecting rights.<br />Quite a good strategy, that of maximizing potential of land.<br />Just worried that repeat of LY will not occur where it seems the rain caught them off-guard and it (the rain) reduced the quality and quantity of coal offered to Eskom.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting