• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:51 AM

Rumour or strategic...? doesn't really bother me. 

Ring-fencing / spin off whatever they wanna call it.

Putting dodgy / volatile domiciled / marginal assets into a separate entity... I guess we'll see it become the norm sooner or later.

Lots of negativity surrounding SA for a while now & BIG MONEY voting with it's feet.

Lets hope for another SGL in the making...local is lekker for those with the kahunaaas

After this mornings SENS add Anglo Ashanti to the above.

Question is who's next...?

Anyone need a heads up...!

#2 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:29 PM

well BHP will need a whole lot of cash...and by that I mean a few thrillion rands to delist from SA...cannot honestly see that happening!!  but flexi ur contacts may know more than me...

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#3 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:15 PM

That part I know.

When the demerger happens shareholders will own equity in both companies. Fine.

The rumour I'm referring to is of the entire BHP Billiton delisting from the JSE. As in leaving SA. Just be listed on the ASX, LSE and NYSE.

And trust me HDB, this is not just speculation. I work closely with people inside BIL. The demerger was only just the first part of this.

It appears flexbender you are well placed to keep the rest of us up to date as & when you have the time.

#4 mx125

mx125

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationKZN

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:34 PM

That part I know.

The rumour I'm referring to is of the entire BHP Billiton delisting from the JSE. As in leaving SA. Just be listed on the ASX, LSE and NYSE.

And trust me HDB, this is not just speculation. I work closely with people inside BIL. The demerger was only just the first part of this.

Surely that will have an enormous impact on the Alsi

#5 flexbender

flexbender

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:59 AM

its a fact and not a rumour!!

All they doing is listing their non core poor performing assets separately ( more like all the sa assets)  like what goldfields did with sibanye gold and Tongaat Sugar with Hulamin!!

It wont delist...U will own shares in both companies!! Well that's how I understood it!!

That part I know.

#6 HDB

HDB

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • LocationBy the sea

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:27 AM

Obviously it will be strategic...

IF the rumour ends up being true.

My question is, what will happen to the BIL shareholders on the JSE?

its a fact and not a rumour!!

All they doing is listing their non core poor performing assets separately ( more like all the sa assets)  like what goldfields did with sibanye gold and Tongaat Sugar with Hulamin!!

It wont delist...U will own shares in both companies!! Well that's how I understood it!!

HDB

The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires!!

#7 flexbender

flexbender

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

Obviously it will be strategic...

IF the rumour ends up being true.

My question is, what will happen to the BIL shareholders on the JSE?

#8 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:33 PM

Rumour or strategic...? doesn't really bother me. 

Ring-fencing / spin off whatever they wanna call it.

Putting dodgy / volatile domiciled / marginal assets into a separate entity... I guess we'll see it become the norm sooner or later.

Lots of negativity surrounding SA for a while now & BIG MONEY voting with it's feet.

Lets hope for another SGL in the making...local is lekker for those with the kahunaaas

#9 flexbender

flexbender

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:13 PM

I heard this rumour from a source inside BIL a while ago and didn't make too much of it back then.

But now I'm also hearing analysts speak of them leaving the JSE...

Basically due to the fact that they've created a spin-off company after the demerger, which will according to them "allow them to focus better on their core activities".

I'm suspecting the rumour to be true and BIL to only leave the new company here.

Thoughts?

How will this affect SA share holders holding BIL?

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting