Photo
- - - - -

How many traders are there in South Africa?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jonny

Jonny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:51 AM

I read an article a while back stating around 300 000 South Africans directly invest into the JSE in some way (trading, investing, etc). Will see if I can find the article again.

My posts are my opinion and shouldn't be seen as investment advise from me or the view of the organisation I work for.

Do your own research before engaging in trades/investments  :)

#2 Procrastinator

Procrastinator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

Hi

I am looking for information about the number of people that have accounts at brokerages or on CFD platforms in South Africa. I have searched for research about the "state of the trading market in South Africa" with no luck. Surely someone must have done some research about this in the past. I would really appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction. I would also like to know how the Single Stock Futures market compares with with the CFD market in terms of volume/popularity.

I am putting a business case together to launch a new service for traders. 

Regards

Verge

A good place to start would be with the market makers that provide the trading instruments.
Where did those damn 10 baggers go?

#3 verge

verge

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:07 AM

Hi

I am looking for information about the number of people that have accounts at brokerages or on CFD platforms in South Africa. I have searched for research about the "state of the trading market in South Africa" with no luck. Surely someone must have done some research about this in the past. I would really appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction. I would also like to know how the Single Stock Futures market compares with with the CFD market in terms of volume/popularity.

I am putting a business case together to launch a new service for traders. 

Regards

Verge

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting