• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 TheSource187

TheSource187

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:36 PM

From the sounds of that, it works opposite to my thinking, and going "short" on the ZAR not the same as shorting the ALSI?

I don't know much about forex but I think, if you short the ZAR/USD for example, then you're expecting the Rand to weaken against the Dollar, so you're selling the Rand, buying the Dollar..and the interest is positive if the US interest rate is greater than the SA interest rate. But as our rates are higher than the US, the interest should be negative and you'll have to pay. Maybe, I'm not sure about this, its interesting, I'll do some research on it later on. 

Legal or illegal however you make your cash flow. 

#2 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:06 PM

Hi you could also check out ACM GOLD, they also have good info, I got a trading manual from them and I remember reading something a few nights ago, this is what it says:

"For positions open at your brokers, if you are buying a currency with a higher interest rate than the one, you are borrowing, then the net interest rate differential will be positive (i.e. USD/JPY) and you will earn funds as a result. Conversely, if the interest rate differential is negative, then you will have to pay."

If you want you can also phone them, I had a demo account with them and spoke to a guy called Trevor, they're very helpful and I'm sure they will be able to help you with that. 

From the sounds of that, it works opposite to my thinking, and going "short" on the ZAR not the same as shorting the ALSI?

Exi, impie, exi, scelerae, exi cum omnia fallacia tua

#3 TheSource187

TheSource187

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:01 PM

Thank you Orca. Will check them out. (Hope all still good with you overseas?)

Hi you could also check out ACM GOLD, they also have good info, I got a trading manual from them and I remember reading something a few nights ago, this is what it says:

"For positions open at your brokers, if you are buying a currency with a higher interest rate than the one, you are borrowing, then the net interest rate differential will be positive (i.e. USD/JPY) and you will earn funds as a result. Conversely, if the interest rate differential is negative, then you will have to pay."

If you want you can also phone them, I had a demo account with them and spoke to a guy called Trevor, they're very helpful and I'm sure they will be able to help you with that. 

Edited by TheSource187, 17 September 2014 - 12:03 PM.

#4 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:57 AM

Sorry, I forgot to include his name (Jason Stapleton), he has a youtube channel. Here's the link:

https://www.youtube....QzGz4-nfl6XLEHQ

Thanks

#5 TheSource187

TheSource187

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:54 AM

?? On Facebook?

Will have a look, but also appreciate if you find something...

Sorry, I forgot to include his name (Jason Stapleton), he has a youtube channel. Here's the link:

https://www.youtube....QzGz4-nfl6XLEHQ

#6 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:45 AM

Join the forexpeacearmy forum and ask the traders there. There is also stacks of interesting info to read up on such as trading methods, trading tips and info and star ratings for brokers.
You would want these guys on your side in broker disputes.

Thank you Orca. Will check them out. (Hope all still good with you overseas?)

#7 orca

orca

The Oracle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:20 AM

Join the forexpeacearmy forum and ask the traders there. There is also stacks of interesting info to read up on such as trading methods, trading tips and info and star ratings for brokers.
You would want these guys on your side in broker disputes.

Edited by Orca, 17 September 2014 - 11:24 AM.

I started here with nothing and still have most of it left.

#8 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:27 AM

Can someone give me some clarity on the following please?:

When I buy GBP/ZAR, i.e. go long GBP and/or short ZAR (correct??), how come I still pay high overnight (interest) fees?

Am I not supposed to be paying interest @ 0.5% - Long GBP - and receiving interest @ 8.5% - Short ZAR? Thus netto receive interest?

Waar sit ek d pot mis?

Still trying to figure this out, but not winning. Nobody got some help yet??

#9 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:18 AM

Hi, have a look at this guy's channel, he's hardcore with Forex, I'm not really into forex but will try and do some research maybe I can find something, but have a look at his channel and post that question there, hopefully someone will be able to help you, there are also some good forex groups on facebook. 

?? On Facebook?

Will have a look, but also appreciate if you find something...

Edited by BBW, 10 September 2014 - 09:19 AM.

#10 TheSource187

TheSource187

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:00 AM

When I buy GBP/ZAR, i.e. go long GBP and/or short ZAR (correct??), how come I still pay high overnight (interest) fees?

Am I not supposed to be paying interest @ 0.5% - Long GBP - and receiving interest @ 8.5% - Short ZAR? Thus netto receive interest?

Waar sit ek d pot mis?

Hi, have a look at this guy's channel, he's hardcore with Forex, I'm not really into forex but will try and do some research maybe I can find something, but have a look at his channel and post that question there, hopefully someone will be able to help you, there are also some good forex groups on facebook. 

#11 BBW

BBW

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationHelderberg

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:53 PM

Waar sit ek d pot mis?

Edited by BBW, 09 September 2014 - 06:54 PM.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting