58 replies to this topic

#1 Saints

Saints

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSandton

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:29 PM

something more interesting Astoria look like they are amending their asset management contract with Anchor Capital (Mauritius).  Astoria has had had a pretty dismal performance since listing considering how world markets have risen and the rand did go through a weak phase. 

#2 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:08 PM

Interesting rumour that ACG running out of runway rather quickly.

#3 Bullhunter

Bullhunter

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNorthcliff

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:41 PM

Its interesting that the share gives a technical buy soon after Armitage rewards himself with cheap shares.  This begs the question if the share price was manipulated downwards to get the cheap shares at rockbottom prices? Not cool at all. 

This is a classic case of a company growing by acquisition using expensive script. Remember Didata?

The seller of an unlisted company is willing to sell his/her company at expensive (script) prices, giving it a paper value far in excess of the real value they know the company is worth. Once permitted to sell the script, its not too much of problem cashing in at prices lower than the (inflated) value at which the shares were awarded. Happened to a family member of mine. 

Opportunities are made up easier than losses.

#4 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:09 AM

Its interesting that the share gives a technical buy soon after Armitage rewards himself with cheap shares.  This begs the question if the share price was manipulated downwards to get the cheap shares at rockbottom prices? Not cool at all. 

#5 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:12 AM

A couple of those poor sods sold their businesses to Anchor at over R12 a share. I was really hoping the Armitage and his band of merry men where more shareholder friendly, but clearly self enrichment was more important. Begs the question once again if he has any reason to stay listed, cause this share price ain't going anywhere for a long long time

Trust in this company has definitely evaporated. Not sure about delisting though, sure they would like another shot at riches, directors must be kicking themselves for not selling at R18 and perhaps hope for a return to the glory months. In the meantime they will be extracting wealth in other ways, as with the share options.

#6 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:44 AM

A couple of those poor sods sold their businesses to Anchor at over R12 a share. I was really hoping the Armitage and his band of merry men where more shareholder friendly, but clearly self enrichment was more important. Begs the question once again if he has any reason to stay listed, cause this share price ain't going anywhere for a long long time

#7 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 12:15 PM

Have to placate some of the vendors who received ACG shares at R12.00+ for their companies. 

Main beneficiary is the CEO. This is a further slap in the face for some of the vendors who took ACG shares.

#8 Bullhunter

Bullhunter

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNorthcliff

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:04 PM

My question as to why management was not buying at R5 level has been definitively answered now. Why buy at market prices when you can give them to yourself at way under market. Would not touch this company with a barge pole now.

Have to placate some of the vendors who received ACG shares at R12.00+ for their companies. 

Opportunities are made up easier than losses.

#9 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:52 AM

I see Anchor awarding it's directors with share options at a 20% discount to the share price. What a farce.

My question as to why management was not buying at R5 level has been definitively answered now. Why buy at market prices when you can give them to yourself at way under market. Would not touch this company with a barge pole now.

#10 Guest_PlatinumWealth.co.za_*

Guest_PlatinumWealth.co.za_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:03 AM

They are the worst. No regard for shareholders, it's terrible governance

Not a fan of this company either.

#11 Blackobar

Blackobar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:23 PM

I see Anchor awarding it's directors with share options at a 20% discount to the share price. What a farce.

They are the worst. No regard for shareholders, it's terrible governance

#12 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:39 PM

#13 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:52 PM

Damn, i took a loss on Armitage's baby,  Sold all at 500c.  Ouch. Ouch. 

Concerning is the no dividend, and looking at his financials, there is some margin squeeze happening.  Lets try and reenter at a lower level and take it from there. 

A bargain on the face of it, but again my question is why then are the directors not buying? Personally I would not buy a single share until I see them put some money in, but then again  I was lucky with this share once and will never try my luck again..and do  not like the industry, think fund managers are an endangered species, most of them should already be extinct.

#14 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:38 AM

Damn, i took a loss on Armitage's baby,  Sold all at 500c.  Ouch. Ouch. 

Concerning is the no dividend, and looking at his financials, there is some margin squeeze happening.  Lets try and reenter at a lower level and take it from there. 

#15 LiveInExcess

LiveInExcess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:07 PM

Ouch! -15%. I should have said sprint not run......

#16 Guest_PlatinumWealth.co.za_*

Guest_PlatinumWealth.co.za_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:16 AM

I still like this company for the long haul. 

But yes, also thought it strange that the directors are not jumping since this is IPO pricing range.

#17 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:12 AM

Glad I got out when  I did, will not return. Could be a bargain though. My only question is why directors are not buying at the R5 level?

Guess my question has been answered..

#18 LiveInExcess

LiveInExcess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:33 PM

Nice little bounce, however results due soon with trading statement due this week or next. That adds a large portion of risk considering the last few months downward movement, even if the share has bottomed out. 

Not to sure what to make of this one, if the results are good then you will be flying...... If not.... well..... run......

#19 DividendTycoon

DividendTycoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:52 PM

Order competed at 540c. Lets hope for a rally to 800c.

Glad I got out when  I did, will not return. Could be a bargain though. My only question is why directors are not buying at the R5 level?

#20 SoleTrader

SoleTrader

Little Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:02 PM

Order competed at 540c. Lets hope for a rally to 800c.

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting