#301 Queen B

Queen B

Little Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDurban

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:52 AM

Anyone know why the share price is up today?

Gone up 7.69% this morning

#302 yusufm

yusufm

The Punter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationWits

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:26 PM

For those still holding some shares on ELI....whats your take regarding the rights offer.

Its the first time I hold shares that have to go through this process...not 100% sure how it works

Depends on where you see the share price going. I believe it will go up at least 10 -20%, as such as an investor I would take up my rights at 110cps. It all depends on your outlook.

I am however not invested in the product but short term trading the ELIN rights shares. Is anyone else doing similar? I just bought at 9c and 10c

Edited by yusufm1, 05 January 2015 - 01:28 PM.

#303 shelddy

shelddy

• Pip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:30 AM

For those still holding some shares on ELI....whats your take regarding the rights offer.

Its the first time I hold shares that have to go through this process...not 100% sure how it works

#304 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:03 PM

Looks like Ive missed the boat...ELI is steaming away!

I sold this sometime back and don't plan on getting back in but given the current Eskom disaster this could benefit highly. Went to buy a Genny today and pretty much everywhere was sold out.. If they can get their act together this situation will be a boon for them.

Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#305 michaessers

michaessers

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:30 PM

Looks like Ive missed the boat...ELI is steaming away!

#306 michaessers

michaessers

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 09:57 AM

Does anyone know how much Ellies generator business contributes to the groups overall revenues?

#307 shelddy

shelddy

• Pip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationJHB

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:51 PM

Looks like theres still a long way to go...but its a start

http://mybroadband.c...-published.html

#308 zoner

zoner

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:49 PM

200c... I bloody hope so! :angry:

Paranoid Android

#309 michaessers

michaessers

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:37 PM

Im tempted to take a short term punt on Ellies. Think management are a bunch of liars but maybe the market will be fooled by their most recent pr stint.

Im guessing it'll test 200c soon. 

#310 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:52 PM

Yep. I don't trust Otto one bit...
Do not try and bend the market. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. Then you'll see, that it is not the market that bends, it is only yourself.

#311 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:34 PM

My take on today's SENS: They gonna split into 2 separate businesses that will eventually go private or spin off & list separate.

That Ryan Otto got most of the R20mil he's stumping up from his zero cost collar at over R9/share.

Megatron could be the better option for earnings growth but with him in charge I'll pass.

Anyone need a heads up...!

#312 michaessers

michaessers

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:50 PM

When did HCI buy the shares? 

#313 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:50 PM

At 70c I'll take a stab at it as well purely for the gambling sake and possible buyout by group like Bidvest perhaps?

Possible buyout by HCI..?

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#314 ThatBlackGuy

ThatBlackGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:40 PM

Marcel Golding. 

R24m in Ellies .... what does he know that we don't?

Yes, I will take your money!  :ph34r:

#315 soutie

soutie

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 08:16 PM

I have enough respect for Keith to run with the scenario he has published, thus 85c post rights as a nav of sorts.

However I do not trust the directors at all so my spec gamble of 70c I will reduce to 50-55c before allocating capital.

I do not however believe in the take-over scenario. 

Anyone need a heads up...!

#316 Shi

Shi

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:54 PM

85c :o

http://smallcaps.co....or-wrong-issue/ 

“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. Which road do I take? she asked. Where do you want to go? was his response. I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, it doesn't matter.” - Lewis Carroll

#317 Goliath

Goliath

Master

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:48 PM

I'd take a punt at 70c. I'm sure they will be bought out by a more competent group. Directors have been smart, trading the share and destroying shareholder value. Its true that government inability to stick to deadlines played some part in their price slump, but management have been a bunch of shits, leading sharehlders on. A lesson in business ethics would be appropriate.

At 70c I'll take a stab at it as well purely for the gambling sake and possible buyout by group like Bidvest perhaps?

Never underestimate the potential for human stupidity when wealth and power are at stake!

#318 longterm413

longterm413

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:17 PM

Could be another falling knife?

#319 gamma

gamma

Sage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:41 PM

I'd take a punt at 70c. I'm sure they will be bought out by a more competent group. Directors have been smart, trading the share and destroying shareholder value. Its true that government inability to stick to deadlines played some part in their price slump, but management have been a bunch of shits, leading sharehlders on. A lesson in business ethics would be appropriate.

Agree!

#320 michaessers

michaessers

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:25 PM

Sponsored by Sharenet and VPSNine Linux VPS Hosting